Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the thing, there's just no legit reason for the seam on the HULK. That said, this is looking like an EPIC piece. Truly worthy of being in any collection.

yes totally agree, not needed but I'm sure it will soon be overlooked as it truly is an epic piece. Cant believe how much bigger it is than the OG spidey/hulk piece.....If SSC had done the other dios to this size like the ironman/namor piece the line would of big a hit with buyers i'm sure.

From instagram. Not mine.
10eebcad9027417a7e4138c0f9430f06.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's amazing in comparison.

That's the thing, there's just no legit reason for the seam on the HULK. That said, this is looking like an EPIC piece. Truly worthy of being in any collection.

Because the head is one of the sections of a statue where we're drawn to look at and as such where mistakes are less forgivable, as long as the seam is well hidden I usually like for the head to be removable and as such easily replaced in the event of any issues.

I have a few pieces I had wished the head was removable, but because any issue I had was relatively minor (such as small scuffs, slightly questionable eye paint app, or just other little paint app issues) it wasn't worth the hassle to organise a full replacement.

I wonder if this will drive down the price of the hulk v spiderman. I think it's an overated over priced statue but, I still want the piece. Lol. Its just that statue is not worth 1000 bucks +. Probably not they made to many of these hulk v wolverine statues.

I wonder if this will drive down the price of the hulk v spiderman. I think it's an overated over priced statue but, I still want the piece. Lol. Its just that statue is not worth 1000 bucks +. Probably not they made to many of these hulk v wolverine statues.

No reason why it would. It's not even related and it's not like this is another Hulk vs Spider-Man piece. It's a totally different piece with Wolverine instead of Spidey. Two totally different characters for two totally different customers. Heck even when SSC does make a new piece like the many hulk pieces, it never even affected the price of the original Hulk PF, if anything the price has skyrocketed

To me this looks like hulk has been skinned he's just too lean. The left shoulder muscles look ridiculous on some angles but it still looks like it's turned out nicely

Nope

Won't happen

Because the head is one of the sections of a statue where we're drawn to look at and as such where mistakes are less forgivable, as long as the seam is well hidden I usually like for the head to be removable and as such easily replaced in the event of any issues.

I have a few pieces I had wished the head was removable, but because any issue I had was relatively minor (such as small scuffs, slightly questionable eye paint app, or just other little paint app issues) it wasn't worth the hassle to organise a full replacement.

That just saves SSC on shipping costs if there's QC issues. I have no problem sending the body and head back if there's a problem with the portrait. I'd personally prefer this piece didn't have a seam on the HULK's neck.

No reason why it would. It's not even related and it's not like this is another Hulk vs Spider-Man piece. It's a totally different piece with Wolverine instead of Spidey. Two totally different characters for two totally different customers. Heck even when SSC does make a new piece like the many hulk pieces, it never even affected the price of the original Hulk PF, if anything the price has skyrocketed

I'm thinking bang for buck. The hulk v wolverine looks so much better then the hulk v spidey. And you get so much more for the statue. And now everyone has a size complex and is always like "ITS not 1/4, (heavy breathing)".

I'm thinking bang for buck. The hulk v wolverine looks so much better then the hulk v spidey. And you get so much more for the statue. And now everyone has a size complex and is always like "ITS not 1/4, (heavy breathing)".

Definitely.... I owned the Hulk v Spidey... and this thing just puts it to another level.

well I guess time will tell, The thing is they really are two statues that appeal to three different collectors, you have Hulk collectors, Wolverine collectors and probably the most popular character of them all, Spidey collectors. Plus the fact the original piece doesn't come up for sale that often means it's getting quite had to get, so if you want it you'll have to pony up and get one. I can see this one though even at the higher price appreciating in price quickly once it sells out... It really does look amazing.

Damn that head seam though....lol

maybe they will repurpose this statue as s grey hulk vs Spider-Man - new hulk head and replace wolverine with Spider-Man
It could happen

Is it "wrong" to post pictures here that ive seen on fb forums? Anyways. Every time i see new pics im more pissed at SS for changing the payment plan lol. From what ive seen i really like the size of the whole dio, wolverine is just awesome, i really like the hulk just the face/hair is still a lil "meh". Id definitely get this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back