Sideshow Hellboy 12''

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photoshopmagician

Super Freak
Reaction score
So on my Hellboy, the bell buckle with the BPRD logo fell off. However, there are two small holes in the back (with no residue of glue on the back), so I'm assuming it's supposed to come off. On the other hand, it won't snap back into place.

Does anyone know if it's supposed to come off?

So on my Hellboy, the bell buckle with the BPRD logo fell off. However, there are two small holes in the back (with no residue of glue on the back), so I'm assuming it's supposed to come off. On the other hand, it won't snap back into place.

Does anyone know if it's supposed to come off?

mine popped off too. superglue to the rescue. hasn't come off since.

That happened to mine when I originally got him, I contacted Sideshow and they sent me a replacement belt. Now superglue is your friend.

I know there's no changes to the design for Golden Army but I really hope SSC redoes this figure. It's the only HB figure I've skipped.

I have the original regular Hellboy still in the box. Can't decide if I want to open him or what. I've had him this way for quite a while now.

The first one isn't terrible, but the body is aweful for him. Makes his clothes look baggy and unfitting. Most of his outfit was pretty cool though, and the headsculpt was very nice, imo.

Yeah, its pretty cool. I got it during a SS Chat.

Great figure for free, for me this is a bit of a disappointment, really hoping SS make a great Hellboy 2 so i can replace the original. It got great parts but put them on the body and it looks wrong in the collection.

A great free figure for sure. :rock I'd consider getting a new Hellboy 2 figure since we have the new body.

A great free figure for sure. :rock I'd consider getting a new Hellboy 2 figure since we have the new body.

I'd probably buy one as well I can't even lie. Especially if the pricepoint was as good as they've been lately. Interchangeable open/closed HoDs would be great too!

I'd love them to use the new body on a Hellboy 2 figure but I think they'd stick with the Big Boy Buck body.

I hope not, while I'm not the biggest naysayer against the buck, the chicken legs really hurt poor Hellboy. Overall he came out pretty darn good, but the legs looked real funky.

Those Herman Munster platform shoes didn't help matters. The belt buckle is a terrible design and mine broke as well. Still, the figure overall isn't really that bad. The exclusive version with the cigar is the one to have, though. I do think they could do WAY better now, especially if they use the new body. Kind of scared what the price might be, though.

I have both the exclusive Hellboy and the SDCC version. Improvements can definitely be made to the body and a few other areas:
  • The limbs are too skinny.
  • The upper torso has no articulation.
  • The neck has very little articulation (only a cut joint).
  • The tail keeps falling off and I'd like a bendy tail.
  • The Right Hand of Doom and head sculpt needs sharper detail.
  • I'd prefer the Right Hand of Doom to have ball joint wrist articulation.
  • I'd prefer the RHD to be in a proper fist or possibly have multiple hands.
  • The jacket should have a darker color and better fabric.
  • The pants are too small and show off his skinny legs.
  • The paint on the head is way too glossy and poorly done.
  • The belt buckle is prone to breakage so I'd prefer a metal version for Hellboy II.
The SDCC Exc. Ultimate Hellboy improved the sculpt detail a bit on the head and RHD and had better paint and a darker coat (from the charring SS painted on) but most of the issues still haven't been addressed.
There's still quite a lot of room for improvement.

I agree with those points, although I believe the tail is bendy (at least to some degree) on the current version. It's just that it falls out so easily that you can't really take advantage of it.

I agree with those points, although I believe the tail is bendy (at least to some degree) on the current version. It's just that it falls out so easily that you can't really take advantage of it.

I just checked mine and you're right, so only the falling off problem needs to be addressed.

Yeah, that is an annoyance... good they didn't leave it off, but falls off too easy.

[****]The neck has very little articulation (only a cut joint).

Odd thing is pop the head off and it's actually a ball joint on the neck but Sideshow's engineering somehow managed to blow 80% of its poseability (see also SSC's various femmes)

Rounded myself up a spare SDCC exclusive Hellboy and carried out a little body swapping experiment with a 13" DCD body...

HELBOY_F.JPG

HELBOY_M.JPG

HELBOY_H.JPG

HELBOY_L.JPG

HELBOY_C.JPG

Not perfect, but he looks suitably more powerful than the SSC original (and yes, I know the joint around the fist of Doom & his arm is a bit messy - it will be cleaned up; this was the 2nd attempt; first time around I'd left the DCD forearm too long and he had a bit of a monkey arm).

Nick

Back