Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may not be 100% Ray Park, but it's also not totally different, if the sculpt was too departed from Park's features, all the paint in the world wouldn't make it feel close to looking like he does in TPM.

The flip side is, Sideshow put a lot of work on Park's likeness with the first Maul and lost all sense of emotion in the sculpt, I think with them, it's asking too much to nail both.

SSCMaul.jpg

I'm fine with Maul not representing Ray Park as much. He just needs to be scary and mean looking to be a win. And this sculpt does that for me.

I can't wait to see what the eventual HT maul looks like. If he isn't that much of an improvement, I'll look forward to finally picking this guy up on the cheap as many collectors try to dump this SS version. There's just no way I could ever justify the price on this to myself. $240 for this with nothing was/is laughable. O Sideshow, how thee hast lost their way....

Good news is, you could easily obtain HT head(s) and add it to this figure for simple upgrade.

Yeah, but some HT heads go for ridiculous prices. I could only imagine a HT Maul head easily selling for close to a $100 parted out. At that price it would make more sense to buy a whole figure and part out what you don't need. I've thought about doing that on several occasions, but I know myself and once I had it in hand I'd wind up struggling to sell and then keep it defeating the whole point... Plus the HT Maul will most likely have the outer cloak that SS just pretended to ignore, which was the most glaring omission from this offering. Charge 4x the price of the original, and include nothing. :(

The original Jabba & throne were $320, so really only 2.5x more. And this new one comes with lots more, not less.

truth!

Salacious came in a Creature Pack which cost another $60.

So that's close to $400 10 years ago...

So only double the money now ... and you still get 9 real pillows to bite.

These shots are awesome, thank you so much! I can instantly tell which reference poses you used on some of the pics, like it’s straight out of the movie :)

In all honesty this could be the best figure Sideshow has made to date. Short on accessories yes, but the likeness in hand is amazing.

Just got him. Only thing I don’t like is the lack of a robe. His sculpt is probably the most intense in my whole collection. Funny, though I often think the criticism of SSC is fair, Maul and snowspeeder Luke are probably the two most realistic looking figures on display in my collection - though it consists of mainly HT.
3157b8fba064db860feb0a9a98bc61c0.jpg

The sideshow looks good but for now I'm still holding out for HT. Really hoping for a deluxe that comes with two sculpts, a neutral and a snarling one. It's rare but they did correctly do two for Yoda, and Maul is a character who really ought to have two as well.

The sideshow looks good but for now I'm still holding out for HT. Really hoping for a deluxe that comes with two sculpts, a neutral and a snarling one. It's rare but they did correctly do two for Yoda, and Maul is a character who really ought to have two as well.

No doubt a HT version will contain more stuff, at least a cloak, and the quality will be on par. But... I just love the expression of this sculpt.

Let’s hope HT version will have the snarling head so we can keep this neutral expression one too.

Back