Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the complaint with the body? I haven't done rigorous posing but I've been able to get him into any pose I've tried for and it holds well, doesn't feel loose or floppy.

Tried to get him into certain iconic poses that he did in the Final Duel but was unsuccessful. Particularly the kicks he does.
d9f8b2c994221e0cfdefc352d3bda6d6.jpg

3ee2e717bb77ffa93a2dd3af21735320.jpg

https://goo.gl/images/5KfubH

Ha... Ray is certainly more flexible than most of us. I have to say the images I've seen on this thread recently of the figure are great. There's a repaint image of the unhelmeted SSC Snowspeeder Luke and while it's a little heavy it's certainly a better likeness. I think the fact this is a different kind of paint app really help the sculpt for Maul. The portrait shot on the last page just highlights this.

Ha... Ray is certainly more flexible than most of us. I have to say the images I've seen on this thread recently of the figure are great. There's a repaint image of the unhelmeted SSC Snowspeeder Luke and while it's a little heavy it's certainly a better likeness. I think the fact this is a different kind of paint app really help the sculpt for Maul. The portrait shot on the last page just highlights this.

No doubt this looks far better than their human paint apps. Sideshow has problems with realistic human skin and hair. That said I am curious what a HT Maul would look like. He would at least come with the robe :lol

as much as I love Maul but always find SS version very boring for some reasons..

was wondersing if Hot Toys ever gonna make Maul

yeah but again the question just who knows and how long the wait ?

cannot imagine how busy Hot Toys would be with their current Marvel projects, and that Infinity War...oh boi, and up coming Han Solo :slap

They are not.

Well, he has finally arrived, and boy does he not disappoint. To my relief, no QC issues, and I'm just stunned by this figure, this IS Darth Maul, and the overall figure is easily on par with Hot Toys level, doesn't feel like a Sideshow figure at all, they did a great job. It was weird opening a Sideshow package again, haven't bought one of their pieces in years, it was like a snap back in time, the plastic wrap around the figure box inside the shipper, the tabs on the box, owned many Sideshow figures back in the day.

25284511197_77e044849a_b.jpg

Congratulations, Sean. So glad the figure didn't disappoint...it is truly exceptional. As always, your shots are great too.

Looking forward to more. ..

All these great shots! Makes me wanna pick this figure up. Definite buy if a robe was included. Not savvy enough to create one as a couple others have. Only PT character I’d pick up. Will see what HT has to offer when/if they make him.

It's been hard for me to skip this guy too. With out a doubt HT will make him. But like you said, the question is when. Since Disney has a ridiculous amount of movies coming out, and HT needs to support those as well, I'm sure it limits how many OT & PT characters they can make in a year. Patience is key in this hobby, unless you have unlimited resources that is....

I may have a chance to get a V1 Darth Maul for free. Is he worth thinking about at all, or is the V2 the way to go?

Back