1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of a weird comparison to make - but I think I prefer the Sideshow hands to the TOTS ones.

Hands are more detailed and lifelike on Sideshow. ToTS are supposed to start shipping Monday, hopefully I’ll have mine soon for a proper evaluation.

7CB9AB2C-FEF2-4E36-B8D1-809E0D6E6432.jpeg

It’s close enough, you can’t go wrong either way.

As far as the coveralls, I’m not sure how or why, but PCS seems the only licensed company who doesn’t do blue.

Body proportions on Sideshow remind me of this 2018 image.

DFCEA9A0-2557-4BE0-8E1A-71F0D352101B.jpeg

I wonder if it is a rights issue. But sideshows? shade is a bit more night accurate compared to the overblown blue from tots.

The more I stare at this figure the more I?m glad I picked this up. Yea the hairline is still an issue, my biggest grip is the inaccuracy of the jackolantern.

Ill wait and see what they look like in hand before deciding. The head looks too small on Sideshow's in some pics and the ToTS has that extreme narrow waist.

Love this shot though.

michael-myers-deluxe_halloween_gallery_5f7f502c306d5.jpg

Yeah the lighting in the more "dramatic" pictures really helps this portrait, I don't feel it is as good as the TOTS one in the flatter light photos.

Also I'm not fond of the weird flesh-tone on the neck, is that accurate? My memory may be failing me....

Yes the flesh tone is supposed to be on the mask. All the times pulling it off and on, the white paint wore off.

I’m impressed by a Sideshow figure. Something I very rarely say. The price is good and it’s got a decent amount of accessories. The accessories it comes with are actually pretty decent too.

Unfortunately , With SSC the prototype usually end up the best it will look. The falloff could be considerable.....

Just cannot trust there QC anymore.

But if they get this 80% of Proto, I?ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I like better about the Sideshow version is the body shape, seems more accurate. The jumpsuit color also seems better than the Trick Or Treat studios promo pics. But I cannot justify those things, a pumpkin, and a grave stone adding $130 to the price. Prices are just absurd now.

Sean

The price is what it is. It’s about normal for a sixth scale figure now days. The Trick or Treat Studios release isn’t the norm as far as pricing, and they’re an unproven company when it comes to figures. Sideshow isn’t always great, but they’re more of a known name in sixth scale. Plus the figure has a good amount of accessories whereas the Trick or Treat Studios version only has one set of hands and a knife.

Let?s not forget that tots also raised all the other figures an extra 30-50 bucks. I mean, for ****** blood splatter version of h78, it?s extra.

I have both on pre order. I?m a veteran tots buyer, and disappointment is part of being a tots customer ( the best mask they have produced that looks like their promo pic is the boogeyman mask). I?m just glad that I?ll be able to display a Myers and a ghost bob at the same time.

There is a "collectors edition" button that doesn't seem to be active. Is there going to be a figure only version without the extras?20201008_183326.jpg

The only thing that looks off is the size of the head and the lips. But other than that it looks good. Oh wait the coveralls are off as well, these are not blue they are a greenish grey.

Hands are more detailed and lifelike on Sideshow. ToTS are supposed to start shipping Monday, hopefully I?ll have mine soon for a proper evaluation.

View attachment 497052

It?s close enough, you can?t go wrong either way.

As far as the coveralls, I?m not sure how or why, but PCS seems the only licensed company who doesn?t do blue.

Body proportions on Sideshow remind me of this 2018 image.

View attachment 497053

Because the coveralls were not blue in the movie. Do your research dawg!

The only thing I like better about the Sideshow version is the body shape, seems more accurate. The jumpsuit color also seems better than the Trick Or Treat studios promo pics. But I cannot justify those things, a pumpkin, and a grave stone adding $130 to the price. Prices are just absurd now.

Sean

For all those thinking the jump suit is blue, it was never blue in the movie. Do your research it is a greenish grey color. Idk why people think it is blue!!!!

Congrats to everyone for being able to get a decent official Myers. I look forward to seeing the final pics.
20201008_211220.jpg

This looks really good, but unless the TOTS version sucks eggs, I'll stick with that one. Preordered it already so we'll see.

Now bring on Pretty Woman Leatherface!

Back