1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ToTS is a gamble, I'm expecting the jumpsuit and head will be good enough quality, the body is the question mark, and I already expect I'll likely replace it, but they could surprise us. I haven't personally experience their issues but I have heard things, time will tell, I just hope it's not much longer. Website says shipping out starting this Monday, crossing my fingers mine ships soon.

Alright Maulfan I'm blaming you. Unbeknownst to you you have nudged me into ordering this TOTS figure. Either there will be a warm place in my heart for you, or some unsavory four letter words will be spoken with the mere presence of your name.

Don't blame :lol I'm not trying to sell anyone either way, I think ToTS and Sideshow are both nice figures and reasonable prices.

I'm just throwing out some ideas of reason. I agree with the people that think Sideshow is overpriced, but it's not as though it's the only option on the market.

At the same time, I get the weary feelings towards ToTS, it's a company who's never delved into figures before and we don't know their potential until the figure arrives but even what we've already seen is not the most amazing full package, it's a really nice headsculpt and a pretty nice outfit, the hands, at least in the ToTS photos, look a little soft and lacking realism and the accessories are light.

I don't think either of these figures is 100% there, they each have good qualities. I'm considering picking up some Sideshow pieces down the road to supplement my ToTS.

For me, what's strongest about Sideshow is everything outside of the portrait, and what's strongest about ToTS is the portrait.

All the complaining about the color of the jumpsuit was giving me flashbacks to the argument over Han?s coat in ESB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have an issue with it, but I am curious as to why every product except PCS products, uses blue. It almost seems like the license standard is to be blue, but then the question is, why would the studio behind the movie who would know best what the original color was, make products reflect something else, and what is so unique about PCS where they don't adhere to the qualities that NECA and ToTS and Sideshow appear bound too.

I don't have an issue with it, but I am curious as to why every product except PCS products, uses blue. It almost seems like the license standard is to be blue, but then the question is, why would the studio behind the movie who would know best what the original color was, make products reflect something else, and what is so unique about PCS where they don't adhere to the qualities that NECA and ToTS and Sideshow appear bound too.

Behind the scenes the suit looks to be a greyish green depending on the light, but in the movie they appear to be a greyish blue however the later films i feel went with bluer coveralls. I know different people have different preferences of what colour the suit should be.

So PCS maybe be in the group that preferred the green or used behind the scenes images as a colour references. Since i feel like both colours are technically accurate that the licensor isn't too bothered about the colour of the suit, the blue seems to be the iconic Myers colour with the later movies going blue.

However PCS going green is probably smart business wise, it helps further distinguish their product from all the other Myers products and the difference also helps justify picking it up to hard core Myers fans who already own multiple Myers stuff.

Randomly as well i think the TOTS figure is a gamble, the sculpt and tailoring is great but considering the price and how cheap everything else looks i don't think the paint on the sculpt will be up to standard, not to mention the coveralls are tailored to a smaller body so who knows if a body swap will look right though i do hope i am totally wrong.

Some may think the Sideshow figure to be expensive in comparison but once you factor in the better paint apps, 5 extra hands, an extra bloody knife, the light up lantern, the headstone, the phone, the ghost sculpt and the base... i think the price difference is pretty fair. Unless the TOTS figure improves by release you might even end up having to paying for extra parts like a new body or a base closing the price gap.

well that's my opinion anyway.

I mean it?s your choice, but sixth scale figures are regularly over this price point. Armored or otherwise. There aren?t many figures under $230, let alone below $200. It also sounds like Trick or Treat Studios is a pretty hit or miss company, and I believe the Halloween figures are their first attempts at sixth scale. I?ve never bought any of their products so I can?t speak for their quality.

Sideshow is hit or miss too, but I still feel this is the better overall package. Two knives, the pumpkin (with light up feature), the Judith Myers gravestone, the bed sheet/glasses, phone and phone cord. He comes with a fair amount. I get the price is high, but I?m just saying it is what it is. Also compare it with some of their figures where they hardly included any accessories and were charging like $250 or more.

Yeah- Sideshow and Hot Toys charges what they do because they get away with it. I'm simply saying that the high cost doesn't seem justified, particularly due to the lack of any additional tooling requirements for all the plastic parts you'd find on an similarly priced armored figure, for example. I know that they charge this regularly. The industry is trying to set the base-line prices higher and higher- that's my point.

The only significant parts here are the head and the accessories, equivalents of which sell for mere dollars elsewhere (meaning, tea lights are cheap, a 1/6 grave stone or pumpkin isn't that pricey to produce, a knife, a white piece of cloth, etc). The jumpsuit, boots, are pretty standard stuff, though I know they are custom to the costume in the film.

Anyway- as long as we keep apologizing for the prices the steeper they are going to get - with no noticeable change in quality from this point on. If these companies started to feel a little pressure to offer more consumer-fair pricing, they just might. :)

Anyway, back to the figure itself- I'd like this figure more if the head weren't on the small side and the price was more reasonable. The more I look at it the more the head seems undersized.

Sean

Honestly , I think people are going to be in for a shock at the TOT. My guess is it?s going to be very ?toy? like. Closer to a Neca figure , that an HT figure.

I hope to be dead wrong. But it already looks toy like to me.

The SSC one is much more of a real looking figure, even with the hairline issue , which will NOT be fixed by SSC in any way. They completely screwed up the Chevron on Jason, and have their 3PO backward thumbs. Any hope of fixing anything is a pipe dream. The HOPE is the Dont Bork it up much from this proto.

It?s nice to finally have options in the MM world, but the likely good of either of these reaching production without major flaws is lower than a Halloween sequel that doesn?t suck.

Honestly , I think people are going to be in for a shock at the TOT. My guess is it?s going to be very ?toy? like. Closer to a Neca figure , that an HT figure.

I hope to be dead wrong. But it already looks toy like to me.

The SSC one is much more of a real looking figure, even with the hairline issue , which will NOT be fixed by SSC in any way. They completely screwed up the Chevron on Jason, and have their 3PO backward thumbs. Any hope of fixing anything is a pipe dream. The HOPE is the Dont Bork it up much from this proto.

It?s nice to finally have options in the MM world, but the likely good of either of these reaching production without major flaws is lower than a Halloween sequel that doesn?t suck.

This is why I wait to see the actual product instead of prototype as Sideshow has betrayed people too many times in the past. The nice thing too is that this doesn't have an Ex which means you can buy from your local LCS and support small businesses or small businesses online. I'm trying to not use Amazon and Walmart as much since so many small businesses are hurting right now. I hope Sideshow has this turn out well so I can grab him but I'll wait and see how the final product turns out

I need a great 1:6 Shape, NOT MM but the Shape, so desperately in my collection because this just isn’t cutting it any longer lol

26897CAE-4BAA-46CE-B368-1EA9777997DC.jpeg
6765A45E-5844-4ADC-A793-78E4A910D4EC.jpeg

I actually think TOTS are going to do their best to make sure this Michael Myers is decent:
As their first foray into the 1/6 scale line, a line they clearly have great ambitions for considering all the other 1/6 Halloween figures and their desire to supposedly do 1/6 figures of the Universal Classic Monsters, it behoves them to make sure they make a good impression to inspire confidence (and thus investment) in the line by the collectors.

This is pretty expensive for what you are getting. Wait a year and buy this for $20 off and free shipping.

The head proportion almost looks like they sculpted it at the size of a 1/6 head didn’t account for it being a mask over a head which looks slightly larger.

Don't blame :lol I'm not trying to sell anyone either way, I think ToTS and Sideshow are both nice figures and reasonable prices.

I'm just throwing out some ideas of reason. I agree with the people that think Sideshow is overpriced, but it's not as though it's the only option on the market.

At the same time, I get the weary feelings towards ToTS, it's a company who's never delved into figures before and we don't know their potential until the figure arrives but even what we've already seen is not the most amazing full package, it's a really nice headsculpt and a pretty nice outfit, the hands, at least in the ToTS photos, look a little soft and lacking realism and the accessories are light.

I don't think either of these figures is 100% there, they each have good qualities. I'm considering picking up some Sideshow pieces down the road to supplement my ToTS.

For me, what's strongest about Sideshow is everything outside of the portrait, and what's strongest about ToTS is the portrait.

I'm so sorry sir but you have to carry the burden of my decision whether good or bad. There is no other way to handle this. I was pressured by all your praise for the figure. When I explain the decision for this purchase to my significant other your name will be brought up. I'm just hoping it's on the bright side and not as jye4ever's gloom scenario.

This is why I wait to see the actual product instead of prototype as Sideshow has betrayed people too many times in the past. The nice thing too is that this doesn't have an Ex which means you can buy from your local LCS and support small businesses or small businesses online. I'm trying to not use Amazon and Walmart as much since so many small businesses are hurting right now. I hope Sideshow has this turn out well so I can grab him but I'll wait and see how the final product turns out

I only buy from TimeWalker now.

SSC is a crap company to buy from.

Strange to say that as this is an SSC product, and I would still rather buy it from another retailer.

Back