Sideshow Collectibles Hammer Dracula & Van Helsing Premium Format Figures 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not even an exclusive for either of them. That really disappointing. Almost makes these feel like an afterthought.
I don't feel that way. The Universal Monsters didn't have any exclusive swap out parts. They just popped up in black and white versions for each entry weeks or months later. Their original Bergholtz Hulk was the same way. A different paint scheme was offered, no swap out bits. I ordered Lee and Cushing, as the flex plan is very affordable, and I won't miss the funds. Obviously they have been looking to find a way to get these off the ground for nearly a decade. That doesn't seem like an afterthought to me. The only swap out that I would've liked would've been an all black cape for Lee. Yet I can have that custom made if I so desire. Jumped in cannonball style. First thing I have bought from SSC in years. I almost went with the PCS Myers but backed out. I can't back out here.

I suppose you are right, clearly some very passionate fans got this off the ground. And yeah those early PF didn’t typically have exclusives or swap outs. Heck a couple has bendable arms before they went all poly.

An all back cape or bloodless head for Dracula would have been nice. And I think a head with a hat for Van Helsing, especially with him in that big traveling overcoat, would have been nice. Flex pay does take the sting away but I would have liked some little extras or maybe even a bundle purchase deal of say an even $1,000 for the pair.

I suppose you are right, clearly some very passionate fans got this off the ground. And yeah those early PF didn’t typically have exclusives or swap outs. Heck a couple has bendable arms before they went all poly.

An all back cape or bloodless head for Dracula would have been nice. And I think a head with a hat for Van Helsing, especially with him in that big traveling overcoat, would have been nice. Flex pay does take the sting away but I would have liked some little extras or maybe even a bundle purchase deal of say an even $1,000 for the pair.
I would've liked a bundle disount as well. Or perhaps the option of having matched numbering if you ordered both. Not a deal breaker, but would've been cool. I am just glad they are seeing the light of day. There's not a lot they can mess up here. The clothing is always good on any SSC I have bought. The bases are just an original gothic design. Not something like the Myers, where they dropped the ball in some collector's eyes. So unless they butcher the portraits or the paint on their heads, they should be awesome!

A bundle or an EX would have been nice. EX's are the standard nowadays, so hard to compare current releases with ones 15 years ago. If we went by that, we'd pay those prices too. While I am for sure disappointed in zero EX options and the base looking more like a small pedestal than a base, I'll be getting Lee to put with my OG PF's.

A bundle or an EX would have been nice. EX's are the standard nowadays, so hard to compare current releases with ones 15 years ago. If we went by that, we'd pay those prices too. While I am for sure disappointed in zero EX options and the base looking more like a small pedestal than a base, I'll be getting Lee to put with my OG PF's.
I know EX are pretty much standard fare these days. But so are almost completely sculpted figures, with little to no tailoring. The sizes of the bases, and the throwback with the clothing makes them feel like releases from 15 years ago. The prices on the other hand....oy. Very expensive.

Last edited:
I have a feeling these will be very limited pieces- especially Van Helsing. I think the lack of an exclusive is going to see to that. Exclusives, even TBD sized ones, drive interest. It will probably cause the wait and see approach for a lot of people rather than the FOMO attitude that comes from having an even more limited version available. I mean it doesn’t matter to me since I’m picking them up anyway but with Sideshow’s crazy shipping rates, I only purchase directly from them these days for exclusives, discounts, or flex pay options. So it would have been nice to have a little extra something to add to these. Just a missed opportunity but certainly not a deal breaker.

Expensive but very very tempting. I think they look great, and for me Lee and Cushing are the definitive Dracula and Van Helsing.....
If money wasn't as tight as it is these would be an easy and instant pre-order, with things as they are I will have to think about it - but are still a strong possibility.

Neca has the Hammer license as well so I’m sure they’ll be coming out with ultimate figures of Dracula and Van Helsing so these won’t be the only Hammer items available but merely the first. I know a handful of other companies were also on that licensing announcement from Hammer. It’s probably going to be a good time for Hammer fans in October as imagine most companies will want to capitalize on Halloween buzz.

NECA is supposed to have a youtube channel conference of some sort on the 19th. I am anxious to see if any Hammer shows up, but also Universal, Puppet Master, The Thing, Jaws, Maybe Jason part 7's official release date reveal? etc,etc,etc....

I have a feeling these will be very limited pieces- especially Van Helsing. I think the lack of an exclusive is going to see to that. Exclusives, even TBD sized ones, drive interest. It will probably cause the wait and see approach for a lot of people rather than the FOMO attitude that comes from having an even more limited version available. I mean it doesn’t matter to me since I’m picking them up anyway but with Sideshow’s crazy shipping rates, I only purchase directly from them these days for exclusives, discounts, or flex pay options. So it would have been nice to have a little extra something to add to these. Just a missed opportunity but certainly not a deal breaker.

Yeah, I think these will be real limited too. I am ordering both on flex tomorrow.

They’ll only go up from here! Hammer isn’t going to sell Star Wars or marvel numbers. I’ll be surprised if even 1,000 of these get made. Once these sell out, I bet they’ll be super hard to come by.

I know EX are pretty much standard fare these days. But so are almost completely sculpted figures, with little to no tailoring. The sizes of the bases, and the throwback with the clothing makes them feel like releases from 15 years ago. The prices on the other hand....oy. Very expensive.
The size of the bases look much smaller than my OG PF's...especially Wolfy, Phantom and Dracula. Although it's been a while since I have seen the Bride and Monster bases since I have the optional base for them, but I still feel like they were larger in diameter too. That's not at al to say however that these won't all pair very nicely together (the only oddball being the Mummy which I keep separate because of his size). Without having this in hand though, it's hard to tell.

The size of the bases look much smaller than my OG PF's...especially Wolfy, Phantom and Dracula. Although it's been a while since I have seen the Bride and Monster bases since I have the optional base for them, but I still feel like they were larger in diameter too. That's not at al to say however that these won't all pair very nicely together (the only oddball being the Mummy which I keep separate because of his size). Without having this in hand though, it's hard to tell.
Yes, the size of the bases varies, but the early offerings (looking at Nosferatu and Frankenstein specifically) had the puniest of bases. Even Dracula's isn't very large. I think Wolfman, Creature, and Mummy were the glittering jewels as far as overall presence. Yet I love them all. Esp. Dracula.

Yes, the size of the bases varies, but the early offerings (looking at Nosferatu and Frankenstein specifically) had the puniest of bases. Even Dracula's isn't very large. I think Wolfman, Creature, and Mummy were the glittering jewels as far as overall presence. Yet I love them all. Esp. Dracula.
Same. These have stood the test of time and I would never sell them. And more PF horror releases we are all winners here.

God I can't even recall the last time I picked up a pf, the coffin Elvira or the leaping Conan probably, but as a lifelong Hammer fan I'll be grabbing both of these. I do think the Lee likeness could use some tweaking personally, and a switch out black cape would have been nice, but it's still the best rendition I've seen released as a collectible so far. The Cushing is pretty much perfect in my view.

Definitely centrepieces to be, so Sideshow better not screw up the production quality on these.

Screw it, I've moved some things around and just ordered these two beauties - I had to!
I also have a feeling that there won't be as many of them as you might think and really didn't want to miss them.
I must say I do like the mixed media of the PF line (I only own 1 so far, ironically also Christopher Lee as Saruman) and think these will look great so long as Sideshow don't cock-it-up in production
they look fantastic and will be the cornerstones of my horror collection - the definitive Dracula and Van Helsing!

Mixed media used to be what made the line ‘premium format’ as opposed to just another statue. I honestly don’t know how they can call a plain statue a premium format these days. Their early Batman and Superman proved they can do the superhero PFs just fine with fabric but I imagine fully sculpted pieces are just cheaper and easier to produce, but I always felt that’s what made them premium.

I agree, the tailoring (especially if done well) really elevates the piece beyond an ordinary statue.

Back