Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s almost as if… they had no plan whatsoever…
I still maintain that Disney should just redo the sequels with an entirely new story, bring back all the cast and costumes but new everything else. Do the cast some justice, restore their careers and make all the merch suddenly desirable again. Folk would be able to associate the sequel troopers, Kylo etc etc with good movies instead of.... what we got.

I still maintain that Disney should just redo the sequels with an entirely new story, bring back all the cast and costumes but new everything else. Do the cast some justice, restore their careers and make all the merch suddenly desirable again. Folk would be able to associate the sequel troopers, Kylo etc etc with good movies instead of.... what we got.
I've heard this sentiment many times over the years and it's not that I'm an ST fan (quite the opposite) but I can't imagine Disney (of all corporate entities) ever walking back so great an undertaking as the entire ST. There is no world I can see in which that would happen. Not even by using the WBW nonsense Filoni introduced; not after the OT's cast made their final appearances -- mishandled and mistreated as I think their characters were.

Disney wrecked the franchise's chronology; most purists such as myself stop at Season 2 of Mandalorian. Nothing left after that. YMMV of course.

I've heard this sentiment many times over the years and it's not that I'm an ST fan (quite the opposite) but I can't imagine Disney (of all corporate entities) ever walking back so great an undertaking as the entire ST. There is no world I can see in which that would happen. Not even by using the WBW nonsense Filoni introduced; not after the OT's cast made their final appearances -- mishandled and mistreated as I think their characters were.

Disney wrecked the franchise's chronology; most purists such as myself stop at Season 2 of Mandalorian. Nothing left after that. YMMV of course.
Andor for me is as good as Mando.

Mando = Prime SW Swashbuckling

Andor = Prime SW Serious Drama

Grab the shovels...

That Disney won't I agree, that they should I insist is the case.

At this point, given all the damage done to the brand, a clean reboot is probably the only true fix at this point, but that will only work when the current culture in Hollywood is out and quality (not mention competence) is back as the primary focus.

The reaIity I forsee is the brand being diluted and damaged into a slow death, becoming increasingly irrelevant. The fantasy I envision is the brand being reborn anew maintaining everything that was good and eschewing all that was rotten.

That Disney won't I agree, that they should I insist is the case.

At this point, given all the damage done to the brand, a clean reboot is probably the only true fix at this point, but that will only work when the current culture in Hollywood is out and quality (not mention competence) is back as the primary focus.

The reaIity I forsee is the brand being diluted and damaged into a slow death, becoming increasingly irrelevant. The fantasy I envision is the brand being reborn anew maintaining everything that was good and eschewing all that was rotten.
Are you willing and ready to abandon the Skywalker Saga for this new direction?

I’m asking for a friend lol

Probably not in our (OG fans) lifetimes.

Who me? I've been creeping around ... no one's ever really gone. :chase
How i wish that were true.

How I miss darthkostis’s 17 page response to a casting news lol

Does anyone recall that gif that darthkostis loved to use over and over the guy with the shameful facial expression I used to love it yet I can’t locate it anywhere.

I wanted to use that so many times yet I can’t find it not even in his old posts.

I don’t remember if it was a soccer player or an actor. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

**** was funny af whenever he used it against Wor-Gar and Buff lol

He used it as a self deprecating expression and reaction lol

Last edited:
Nothing much to add except re-watched ROTS for the ????? time.

People can say what they want; but was thinking of the staggering imagination of all those worlds, ships, vehicles, and how these were characters that mattered.

Then I think about the trailer that just got released :stake :computer:pow

Nothing much to add except re-watched ROTS for the ????? time.

People can say what they want; but was thinking of the staggering imagination of all those worlds, ships, vehicles, and how these were characters that mattered.

Then I think about the trailer that just got released :stake :computer:pow
The Wackolyte

Are you willing and ready to abandon the Skywalker Saga for this new direction?

I’m asking for a friend lol
At this point.... Why not. The OT and everything else will continue to exist, they will be freed of being part of canon with TLJ, BOBF, Mando s3, TROS etc etc so could we could mentally (and officially) separate them from the crap. What comes after could be great and even if just OK we could still have all the Disney crap removed from canon. Win win.

I should add that the sequel trilogy (and the other crap entries by Disney) poisons everything else. It is an infection. You can put as many band aids as you like on it, trying to heal the wound, but it will not work, the infection simply spreads until the vital organs (love of the OT) shuts down resulting in (franchise) death. The only effective treatment it to remove the infection entirely. Either decanonise the disney trash or just put the patient out of its misery and start fresh. Neither option is easy but the alternative is a long, slow and unpleasant franchise death.

LOL Disney is not going to forgo it's own canon, they've built their franchise around it, they built a theme park around it. if anything they will double down on it, until Lucas and the OT are treated as a meaningless foot-note in their story-group narrative.
The Rey centric post-sequels will build off it further. The Favroniverse will all lead to and coraborate it.
And the past revisionist stories will reinforce it. Further advancing Ben, Anakin and Luke who we once envisioned bringing about the new Jedi, now as the absolute Jedi Failure! (unsubtly read as straight white males). A "message" that in case you missed it will be delivered with the subtlety of a cartoon mallet. And retroactively whatever fem-powered priestess sect they are introducing in Acolyte, as the true visionaries, and correct path, to Rey ultimately defeating the Emperor and bringing about the True Return of the Jedi.
8pqe2l.gif

Does that make a good story? To them Luke's narrative quest was problematic and in the way of their messaging. There has never been any subtlety here, these non-"creators" never liked the OT, they likely resented it, watched it thinking how can we "fix" it. That is what they are now doing. :lol

Last edited:
Back