Sideshow Collectibles Hammer Dracula & Van Helsing Premium Format Figures 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean there is certainly room for improvement, every piece does, but they blow Star Ace’s attempt out of the water. I’ll be ordering them both without question. I too was enchanted with them when first teased as just custom pieces. I’m actually glad they didn’t change much from those originals. I think that is part of my initial negative reaction to the addition of red to them. But as I’m getting used to it, it does add a nice pop of color. Van Helsing didn’t exactly jump out with his grey suit. I’m a bit torn on Dracula but I’m hoping interchangeable capes will solve that. Just an accuracy vs visually interesting thing.

To me Lee looks better in that shot from 2013. Maybe it's just lighting, but he doesn't look 80 years old in that pic.

These really are amazing if production looks like proto. Tempting but I would prefer Lugosi... awesome protos for anyone who loves the Hammer films and the clothing on the PFs looks great.

I’m really hoping these inspire Sideshow to revisit the Universal Monsters. The Masque of the Red Death was just begging for the PF treatment!
From what I remember, there was a rather messy and unexpected parting of ways between SSC and Universal. They were only 3 entries deep into their new diorama line, Wolfman hadn't made it to the 1:1 bust treatment, then...wham! Every single item that had ANYTHING to do with Universal Studios vanished from Sideshow's site. I mean everything, even Jaws, Child's Play, etc. That being said, unless they got whatever caused that resolved, I doubt SSC and Universal will be spotted skipping whilst holding hands into the money field anytime soon.

They actually look great IF the production piece looks like the proto. Hopefully this opens the horror gates for a Sideshow (accurate only) Myers PF and new Jason PF if possible. It's nice they're returning back to horror even though their Myers 1/6 is a complete mess right now. Hopefully it's getting reworked. These Hammer sculpts look good though
They will look nothing like this. SSC is garbage ......

they never hit this level of quality......

Allow me to repeat.

never.

From what I remember, there was a rather messy and unexpected parting of ways between SSC and Universal. They were only 3 entries deep into their new diorama line, Wolfman hadn't made it to the 1:1 bust treatment, then...wham! Every single item that had ANYTHING to do with Universal Studios vanished from Sideshow's site. I mean everything, even Jaws, Child's Play, etc. That being said, unless they got whatever caused that resolved, I doubt SSC and Universal will be spotted skipping whilst holding hands into the money field anytime soon.
That’s too bad. I feel in a lot of ways Sideshow is the house Universal built. My first Sideshow item was their original 1:6 Boris Karloff Frankenstein. Found it at Toys R Us of all places. The two were practically synonymous for me for the longest time. Seems both companies have probably been through enough changes in leadership lately that they could give it another go. I mean Sideshow did get the Halloween license again and that one has been a challenge for most companies to come to a deal on. And with a recent rise in licensing for the Universal Monsters, I have to assume something happened at Universal just like Hammer. Is Hammer still associated with Universal? If so, these really might be that bridge to get back in Universal’s good graces.

Did you miss the initial offering of the Andy Begrholtz Bela back when it was released?
I owned most of them and sold them. I always hoped for updated sculpts but as some of the guys have stated here... looks like that'll never happen since Sideshow doesn't have the license. I miss my Uni Monster PFs but let them go to free up space. If I could wave a magic wand and have a bigger house and have them all back, I absolutely would. The Lugosi drac PF was incredible and great paint work. Only odd thing about it was the soft poseable arms. That was back in early PF days I guess. Wolfman, Bride, Frank's Monster, Creature, all awesome too

Last edited:
They will look nothing like this. SSC is garbage ......

they never hit this level of quality......

Allow me to repeat.

never.
When they're good, they're good... Superman Call to Action PF. When they're bad, they're terrible... Michael Myers 1/6 Unboxing video. I vote with my wallet and never buy what turns out to be garbage. Sideshow is always hit and miss and it's very easy for me to refuse to purchase anything I don't love or think they did an awesome job on. I won't reward bad design or poor quality ever. Their Ghost Face 1/6 also turned out great

I owned most of them and sold them. I always hoped for updated sculpts but as some of the guys have stated here... looks like that'll never happen since Sideshow doesn't have the license. I miss my Uni Monster PFs but let them go to free up space. If I could wave a magic wand and have a bigger house and have them all back, I absolutely would. The Lugosi drac PF was incredible and great paint work. Only odd thing about it was the soft poseable arms. That was back in early PF days I guess. Wolfman, Bride, Frank's Monster, Creature, all awesome too
Not having got rid of my Unis, I much prefer seeing this Lee and Cushing to a redux of Bela. Yet I sympathize with your feelings. I have had to part with some things over the years, and its always a real downer. I hope they do Vincent Price...as Vincent Price. Unlike Cushing and Lee, Vincent Price managed to brand HIMSELF as a horror character, as well a star the way Peter Lorre did. He will always have notable roles, just as Lorre did....but Price could be the image he provided even in Tilex commercials and get by,lol.

Yeah I can’t say Price had one particular role he was known best for like Lee with Dracula, but he was synonymous with horror. You don’t have Michael Jackson and Disneyland Paris wanting him for voice overs just because his voice sounded cool, which it did. From the Invisible Man to Poe films and Phibes to Edward Scissorhands he did a bit of everything over the years. I would think a Price figure in some period piece clothing would do just fine as a generic representation of his career. There have been a few figures over the years but nothing of really decent quality yet. He’s probably the next real horror icon that needs some attention now that Hammer is getting it’s due.

Both outfits that Van Helsing is wearing on the custom piece and the proto are accurate. The custom piece is what he wore in The Brides Of Dracula.

Back