Sideshow Collectibles DC Comics Projects Batman Superman Green Lantern Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any ideas when will have any of the DC line on the newsletter????I think is 2 early to say so.... Nevertheless i dont think we r going to have any of these statues on our shelfs before 2013....I hope am mistaken

If they do a 7th and its that stupid Cyborg character instead of Martian Manhunter or Hawgirl I will kill something.

(Still pissed that Martian Manhunter has been replaced by poopy Cyborg in the upcoming Justice League: Doom movie)

Skrmavbild2012-01-04kl115358.png
Wally West please :D

The Batman PF looks pretty generic to me and not nearly as dynamic as the DCD similar piece. Sure the base of the DCD wasn't great, but the SSC is going with yet-another-gargoyle. I'm tired of gargoyles. And tired of superheroes standing around. The face looks more like he smelled something bad than anything else.

The Green Lantern statue reminds me a lot of the very nice DCD GL vs. Sinestro statue, which, on the one hand, is a good thing since I like that statue, but on the other hand isn't that original.

The Chris Reeve sketches remind me of the Reeve action figure that just came out. Whether it's a statue or another action figure, this will be an easy pass for me.

The Superman sketch under the Reeve sketch looks nice in that it's got the classic suit, but a little blah since it's just Superman standing around. At least the Reeve sketch looks a bit more dynamic.

The Wonder Woman sketch is very nice, but again it's just her standing around on a very nice base.

It's great to see a Flash sketch. But I'm disappointed that DC's arguably most dynamic character is shown putting on his costume. Doesn't he do that at super speed while it's shooting out of his ring? Why not show him running or anything but standing around.

It's nice to see Aquaman too, and nice to see a more dynamic pose, but the pose and base are derivative of the great DCD Aquaman dynamics piece.

The full scale Superman bust looks fairly generic at this stage and not nearly as nice as the Art Department (google it) Alex Ross inspired 1:2 scale Superman bust.

I hope things improve a lot between these in-development pictures and the final products. Given all the hype around SSC I expected more.

The Flash sketch shown disappoints me the most. Perhaps SSC felt the need to go with a more vertical pose, but in that case, something like this DC Chronicles pose for Flash

dc-chronicles-the-flash.jpg

would have been a lot nicer than the "putting on glove" pose.

The Batman PF looks pretty generic to me and not nearly as dynamic as the DCD similar piece. Sure the base of the DCD wasn't great, but the SSC is going with yet-another-gargoyle. I'm tired of gargoyles. And tired of superheroes standing around. The face looks more like he smelled something bad than anything else.

Sure but when you think of Batman standing on something, I usually think of some sort of Gothic style building. It makes sense for them to go with something more iconic for their first piece.

I'm actually glad most of these are standing. When Sideshow goes for the "dynamic" pose it often times just looks silly and unnatural. I've passed on several otherwise nice PFs because of that. (See: Jedi Luke.)

Dynamic Poses are great for 2nd or 3rd time introducing the character to a medium but I like the more museumesque choices. While some of the poses could be considered mimicked at least its not punching with one hand raised back as was done for at least six Marvel pieces.

The Batman PF looks okay. If his head were turned any further, he'd be speaking Latin and vomiting pea soup.

And I agree with JBElliot - another gargoyle? Whoopeee.

Last edited:
like wonder woman the best because there isnt any nice statues of her yet and the base looks epic.

win!

I have disliked full cloth spandex PFmore often than not and while I have been waiting so badly for Batman, I don't now... He just doesn't fit me right next to Joker.
Also Joker is standing like he is waiting for his grand master "kill everything" plan to kick in. So I would like Batman in a pose that screams something like "get ready to have your crazy ass dragged back to Arkham".

I really really REALLY hope that the Superman PF is the one we saw this summer... With the lightup eyes. Enraged Sups is one of my all-time favorite illustrations, regardless of company or character.

As for the others, Aquaman and WW look like killer pieces.

All in all I am pretty damn excited to see what's in store from the DC line...

Back