Sideshow Collectibles DC Comics Projects Batman Superman Green Lantern Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually really enjoy Jim Lee's artwork. He is one of my favorite artists. I do like the classic look better but I can appreciate the new look as well. I might buy statues from both lines. I think they would be great conversation pieces with those that aren't avid readers.

Jim Lee's artwork is awesome and his redesigns were great too. It just the other artists that have _____ed up Jim Lee's designs. If you compare JL's nuSuperman and Nicola Scott's nuSuperman you will see differences. Or JL's nuWonder Woman and Cliff Chiang's nuWonder Woman. Cliff Chiang's nuWW sucks...

I've been against the redesigns from the get-go. Red Robin's redesign bothers me the most. I also hate how every superhero who used to "have their underware on the outside", now just has a belt that does nothing. The classic look is the way to go for me.

I like Jim Lee's art, but not his redesigns. You can't put all the blame on him either, DC wanted redesigns/reboots for no good reason.

I am and always will be a fan of the original costumes but I really like all the new 52 designs. Jim Lee did a great job in making the old costumes modern. I already have a bunch of versions of the classic costumes so the new 52 costumes are more than welcomed.

Jim Lee is a good artist, but a poor costume designer. His designs of the nuDCU are all alike: they all have too many superfluous lines and high collars.

Superman's new costume is particularly awful looking and silly for the character.

tumblr_lqsh9qDSAi1qhyhwto1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone help me clarify something?

Sideshow announced that they would be doing 1/6th figures based on the DC Comic Universe, and Batman Arkham license.

Then Hot Toys announced their Arkham City Batman.

My questions are...are we still getting comic inspired 1/6th DC figures? and are they a collaboration with Hot Toys?

I find it weird that Sideshow and Hot Toys would both put out a Batman figure based on Arkham City to compete with each other.

I've been passing on a few other Sideshow and Hot Toys pieces for some SS DC goodness. Here's hoping we get some announcements and some cool pieces displayed in time for Comic Con.

I've been holding off on DC Hot Toy purchases because of Sideshow's supposed 1/6th Comic line too.

I did get the Christopher Reeves Superman as I think he is a great looking version of Supes, but I'm holding off on Keaton Batman for Arkham City Batman and Comic versions. I'm not sure why HT would do Arkham City, and Sideshow Asylum...the Batsuit is practically the same in both games.

It's been so long since any further announcements. I hope we get to see some stuff soon. There is so many 1/6th comic figures I want. Give me as much JLA, JSA, and their rogues gallery please!

Man, haven't heard anything about DC stuff from SSC for a really long time now. What is up??? Have they canceled the whole license or what? :(

Today at C2E2 during the DC Collectibles Panel someone asked if they are making Superman: Earth One items and Geoff Johns stated that "One of our partners is doing a statue right now"

I dont know how many partners DC has that also makes statues so maybe Sideshow is the one he is referring to?

Panel Link (Look around the 3:15 mark)

Today at C2E2 during the DC Collectibles Panel someone asked if they are making Superman: Earth One items and Geoff Johns stated that "One of our partners is doing a statue right now"

I dont know how many partners DC has that also makes statues so maybe Sideshow is the one he is referring to?

Could be Kotobukiya as well

earth one? no thanks

Back