Sideshow @ Celebration IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SideshowDusty said:
Oh, don't worry, SDCC will be JUST as much fun, if not moreso! I like San Diego about 100 times more than LA - the Gaslamp district is awesome, and the convention center is beautiful. Plus more Freaks are coming to that I think, so it'll be a bigger SSF blowout :)

I am just personally excited about C4 because it's all SW all the time and it's so close.

Yeah, the only thing I DIDN'T like about C3 was that Gencon managed it... they really left us (fans) out in the cold last time... literally. I nearly developed Pneumonia. :lol

Still, as a SW nut... I loved it. ALL Star Wars, every day?? Heaven. :monkey3

Really looking forward to SDCC... especially the Freaks blowout. That was most of the reason to go. :rock

Everyone at C4.... take lots of pics for me! :chew

Captain Aldeggon said:
This is great! C4 50 minutes north, SDCC 40 minutes south--Orange County is the greatest place to live in the whole world!!! :D
Dude what time of the day do you drive?:lol

But yes where you live is great. Wait I live right there too:chew

I certainly understand 4 days of SDCC, but does a casual die-hard SW fan such as myself really need to go all 4 days of C4? Seems like I'd be a little wookied out by the end...

I just registered. My wife has been looking for an excuse to take my family to Disneyland this summer and I think she just found a reason I will go. :D

UTtoyfan said:
I'm jealous!

me too, I'm a little north than you here in ventura county. Oh well, at least I can take the train down to Celebration IV and not have to park in the hell that is la convention center

I wonder if Sideshow will be doing the Darth Maul PF system on these exclusives? You know, if you've ordered a Star Wars 1:6 from them before, extra early PPO? Perhaps SDCC orders or attendee versions of last years exclusives? :confused:

So Padme maybe one of these? Something ANH the other?

Well this is just great news I cant get there to pick these up since I live on the other side of the country and I will be graduating from college that weekend. I hope I can get it through non attendee preorders. If not I guess I will have to pay inflated prices on the secondary market.
I do have alot better chance with Sideshow than I do with GG.

Two exclusives huh? That's cool. I figure us non-attendees will get the same chance as those not going to SDCC.

jason2885 said:
I bet one of them is some kind of VCD though.

I'd be happy with that. I don't see it being a PF because of the issues of the Luke SDCC as Tom said of carrying him around or the fact that SS had to send emails out to have these shipped to those that where going to the show. A diorama could be a possibility because it's a new line and this would be a way to get another one in. A 1:6 I think is pretty much a guarantee.

I for one hate convention exclusives because I can't afford a cross country trip every couple of months. I really hope SS is kind enough to allow us a chance to get whatever exclusives they will have there.

Darth Loki said:
I for one hate convention exclusives because I can't afford a cross country trip every couple of months. I really hope SS is kind enough to allow us a chance to get whatever exclusives they will have there.

They have before. Can't see why not now. They're not GG ya know.

Convention Exclusives aren't bad. As a matter of fact I think they're cool and that companies that do them are showing a little love to those that go. Now, assuming more and more companies do what SS does and gives those not going a good shot and can stay away from 50 at one show like GG. That is. :lol

Seretur said:
And anyway, Tom is just making me post the same thing in two threads...

There will be TWO exclusives in different categories, the announcement says; one will probably be a 12" figure, and the other... well, can't be carried around by a convention-goer the whole day. So it's not likely to be a 1:1 bust. Maybe a PF, of someone small. (Wicket, anyone? Or rather a Jawa.)

But it would be just wonderful if it were a smaller Diorama, in the $50-$100 range!

Time I break out a Dancing Chewie for the first time. And twice!

:chew :chew

I wish it to be a Jawa PF too with light up eyes, the problem is I could buy just 1 as there will be a 1 piece limit per customer... maybe a Jawas Premium Format diorama would be great.

Back