1/6 Sideshow Captain Rex Phase II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really great to see early pics. Thanks Momaw. I should have him on Wednesday all going according to plan.

His left arm is a little loose. He had difficulty holding it straight out extended which was disappointing. The head sculpt is a pain to get on. At first I thought the ball joint was too small. Pulling off the head requires a bit of force and the shoulder pauldron usually pops off with it. Hand and feet came off and on without the need for force. Basically your typical sideshow trooper. I've gotten lucky so far and all of mine are able to hold the poses I want. Rex is probably the loosest one I have.

He looks great though. Easily the best trooper I have. Can't wait for Arc Echo and Fives now. Those will be the last for my clones collection.

I have the same problem with the left arm on my Rex. I just got him today and his left arm can't hold up the blaster rifle on it's own. Every time I try to pose his left arm in front of him it drops down and to the left. Disappointing but everything else is great.

momaw...great shots! That portrait is really good, especially the paint apps. Can't wait to see for myself later this week...

The left arm on mine is a little loose too. But he is able to hold his helmet pretty good. I was going to posing with the helmet on but the headsculpt and the paint apps are too good not to display.

Thanks for the pic's and reviews guys. I get mine Thursday so I'm totally stoked. Rex with ARC Echo and Fives will be a EPIC display!!! I think the latest SS Proto head sculpts of Hoth Han, Luke and Pilot Luke are better than the HT offerings so far. The only question was whether the production pieces could come out as good as the proto. Given the job they've done with Rex here I think the answer to that question is: :yess:

The head sculpt really does look great, but yes, the hair does take a bit away from it (especially the place on the left where it sticks out). I tend to go with the helmeted look myself, and THAT looks awesome. I cant wait to get him. Supposed to be here Wednesday.

Anyone might put the headsculpt on their Phase I Rex and have the helmet on their Phase II?

The headsculpt does look nice and it would be a shame to have it stay in the box, at least for me.

Mine was supposed to be here (Ireland) tomorrow but my Fed Ex tracking still says Memphis since Saturday. Guess it will be a little longer!

I think the Americans had the day off yesterday.
Thanks Dartball, I didn't know that. Yesterday was MLK day, I didnt realise. Still can't wait to get this guy. Hope the floppy left arm is not a problem throughout the entire release.

I think there is a definite risk of floppy bodies until Sideshow decides to make a newer better body. Unless something has changed they still use the same armored body that is damn crappy as these things go.

Another great Clone Trooper release by Sideshow. Definitely one of the best head sculpts they've done for clones, and an awesome weathering job throughout for the figure. Video review coming up soon! :)

That's a nice group photo too, I've got all of those myself..., just the phase I Rex for the moment though but Rex mark 2 will be along shortly. :)

Back