Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did you jump on the WL?

I'd say right after she sold out, the night after she went up for pre-order. So I'm gessing I stand a pretty good chance. But since I am probably around the top of the list, I was worried it was taking too long to convert...

Oh don't worry I'm sure it'll convert.. If not soon then I have a feeling it'll convert shortly after the initial shipment. :( But by then you might not want it..

I will want it no matter what. I just hope she's not a total disaster.

I'd say right after she sold out, the night after she went up for pre-order. So I'm gessing I stand a pretty good chance. But since I am probably around the top of the list, I was worried it was taking too long to convert...

I think you'll be fine, especially getting on that early. I don't think many WLer's will get a convert though. The ES is pretty low and I think there's a lot more popularity with this piece compared to Willow (and Willow WLs didn't convert much from what I saw.)

I wonder if the reason Faith is going to take a bit longer is ssc is getting her done elsewhere. They probably want her to end up better than what we saw at Con. So they may be sending her to a different factory. They are not going to want another Rogue fiasco.

Rogue looks awful... She looks like she went to see Joan Rivers' cosmetic surgeon. Honestly, I have NO IDEA what is up with all the lazy eye issues we've seen in the past couple of years. It's certainly not an isolated incident. I just don't get it...

I think the wandering eye problem with Rogue has to do with the underlying sculpt, first, and second, sloppy painting. With Faith, we are at least assured of a good base courtesy Trevor.

Rogue is also supposed to be a comic book portrait, Faith an actual human being (not to mention one with a nice looking face).

So it's apples and oranges.

I am surprised by all the happy posts about the Willow paint job, though. All the ones I've seen, she has black eyeliner, eye shadow, and lurid pink lips that kill Trev's nice job. I am itching to get one on the cheap and repaint her to get rid of the clown/hooker look.

I am hoping for better on Faith, but will repaint as necessary since I intend to keep her, as long as they don't F up the mold on the head.

If Faith end up looking like a freak, can it be returned? Or only exchanged for a new one?

I'm on the waitlist for Faith, so it will be interesting if it converts or not as I didn't order that long ago.

Flex pay schedule has changed again. I can only see this as a good thing to be honest. I feel like ssc is making sure she comes out perfect. Last payment is schedule for January.

I'm on the waitlist for the EX too. Unfortunately, I just got on about a month ago. I am really hoping for a convert, but I'm not so sure it will happen with an ES of only 250.

Flex pay schedule has changed again. I can only see this as a good thing to be honest. I feel like ssc is making sure she comes out perfect. Last payment is schedule for January.

Would this mean that the shipping date is changing then? Obviously I would rather have her delayed if it meant she would be perfect but I'm curious to know. I feel like surely it must mean the shipping date is changing otherwise I don't see how it would have to be seen as a good thing.

I'm so excited for this statue still but I really hope she comes out well! :pray:

Thank you for the info. Means she won't be quite the christmas present that I had her pegged as but it is indeed a good sign for the statue. :)

Yes! I was hoping she'd be a Christmas pressie too. But that's okay because I would rather her be perfect and get her later, then as a present and her be a let down.

While I may be wrong, I sincerely doubt the lateness has anything at all to due with ensuring better quality for the piece. I'm betting the factory simply got backed up with work. It happens all the time.

While I may be wrong, I sincerely doubt the lateness has anything at all to due with ensuring better quality for the piece. I'm betting the factory simply got backed up with work. It happens all the time.

Well I on the other hand am trying to stay positive and not think that ssc would just settle with the crappy work their factory is doing.
:D

Back