Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE that scene and that was a great episode :)

Maybe it's because the pose works better with her holding this huge crossbow, rather than this little knife?

I couldn't agree with you more. It's weird because who would have thought her knife accessory wouldn't be super cool to us. I have her knife sitting beside her on the shelf. She's got the bow. But you couldn't really give her a portrait swap. So what else could they have given her?

I wonder ifmthey could have made the knife lose so you could take it out and then put in a stake instead. That way, when not displaying one weapon, the other one could lay on the base.

I went ahead and called SS today and paid off my Faith! She shipped out today, also! Can't wait to see her...I'm gonna keep the faith that she's not defected.

Faith'll be comin' 'round the mountain when she comes on Thursday via a UPS truck!!! I can't wait to get her! :panic::rotfl

UPS ran early today which is a good thing because Faith arrived on time and in excellent condition. To my knowledge everything is perfect. Paint job could've been slightly better but I don't like the taste of red crayons (my point being you can't please everyone). She's #96/500. I was too late for the EX but I like the crossbow more anyways. Can't wait for Angel!!! Now, SS, bring on Giles & Xander!

Finally got Faith on friday, had to wait nearly a week to get someone to pick it up for me. Anyway I'm very happy with it, the body fit into the base perfectly, sitting flush with the arm, the paint job on the face looks great with no lazy eyes. The hand holding the stake is a little rough, but nothing that noticeable, so overall its a great looking piece.
Ill organize some photos of my 3, when I've rearranged them to my liking.

Some pictures from mine:

sam0513u.jpg

sam0522ss.jpg

sam0521.jpg

sam0508u.jpg

sam0517d.jpg

dscf1283u.jpg

sam0525e.jpg

So my Faith statue arrived today. All in all, I guess I'm reasonably happy, however three issues:

- Eyes. mine unfortunately fell prey to lazy eye syndrome. It's not crazy lazy, but definately noticeable from less than two feet away. Also the paint app on the eyes is less than special. It's funny, my friend when he saw her from a distance said "wow good face and eyes" and I went "really? take a closer look" and when he got up close he goes "ew what's with the eyes"... Ya.

- there seems to be some strange paint thing/mishap(?) going on on the base on the curved iron-looking part. It looks like the paint has ran or something and there's like this strange line. Did anyone else have this?

-the string on her crossbow has a bit too much slack.

I'll post some photos tomorrow. I'm in Australia and bought from a reseller here - Popcultcha - great little company, so I think it's too much hassle to ask for a replacement. I don't even know what the process would be. Whether I go through the reseller or contact Sideshow direct? I'm in Australia.

Truthfully though, the more I look at it, the more these things don't overly bother me. I just think, for the price, they shouldn't be like it.

I'm in Australia too and I buy direct from SS, though I have also purchased from shopforme. You know shipping for the Faith Maquette was less tham US$40 and with the Aussie dollar so high, it's much more affordable to buy direct from SS atm. I think you might have to contact Popculture because SS allows 30 days after purchase of item for it to be returned if there are any flaws.

Didn't have any paint issues with the base as far as I can tell.

I'm in Australia too and I buy direct from SS, though I have also purchased from shopforme. You know shipping for the Faith Maquette was less tham US$40 and with the Aussie dollar so high, it's much more affordable to buy direct from SS atm. I think you might have to contact Popculture because SS allows 30 days after purchase of item for it to be returned if there are any flaws.

Didn't have any paint issues with the base as far as I can tell.

Nah I'm just gonna keep it. Overall it's not that bad enough to warrant a return from here. If I was local, I would consider it. Mostly because of the base really. The eyes aren't great, but I can live with them I guess.

Popcultcha does free shipping for everything over $100 which is pretty neat. So all up it cost about the same as to buy direct from Sideshow + shipping.

Yeah, I have looked at their website, do they stock exclusives at all because I was sure I couldn't find any on their website.

Yeah, I have looked at their website, do they stock exclusives at all because I was sure I couldn't find any on their website.

No they don't. I haven't come across a reseller yet that acquires the exclusives. I thought they were only sold from SS direct?

Back