1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine today!
Everything looks fantastic, the paint is some of Sideshow's best. Love all the distress and weathering on the shirt, this could've came with a extra undamaged shirt but I'd never display it that way. The chainsaw is a vast improvement on the many chainsaws Sideshow have made in the past. The faux leather harness Is very well done with the exception of the excessively long straps, but I'd rather have them long and trim them myself than have them too short. Henrietta and the Necronomicon look good, but I feel the sculpts could be more detailed. Love the exclusive right hand, it's a small addition but the sculpt and paint look great! Sideshow should've done more with the stand especially to justify the price. I would've loved a faux wooden cover with cellar door (like that Craft Geek Diorama) that slips over the basic stand.
A bit too pricey but I'm quite happy with the figure!
Now bring on Ash Vs. the Evil dead figures!

I just noticed that the regular version of Evil Dead II Ash is now sold out. Good news that I hope leads to other versions of Ash yet to come!
As much as I love Army of Darkness, I'm happy with the first versions Sideshow made, I'd prefer figures from Ash Vs. Evil Dead.

IMG_20170424_194707_edit.jpg

Git mine, only 2 complaints - there's too much blood on his arm (ash has none on his at the end of the film). Mine also has very noticeable cuts on his arm, does anyone else have this? Mine are on the outside of the left upper arm and its starting to rustle my jimmies it almost looks like he's had a knife cut him.

Git mine, only 2 complaints - there's too much blood on his arm (ash has none on his at the end of the film). Mine also has very noticeable cuts on his arm, does anyone else have this? Mine are on the outside of the left upper arm and its starting to rustle my jimmies it almost looks like he's had a knife cut him.

Nothing like that on mine. Although there are sculpted marks that are intended to be sculpted hair, maybe the excess blood on yours settled into those marks?

Nothing like that on mine. Although there are sculpted marks that are intended to be sculpted hair, maybe the excess blood on yours settled into those marks?

its not the hair, it was on the side of the bicep, i filled them in and weathered them the best i could, I also went over the hair. what do you guys think?

P4290022.jpgP4290021.jpgP4290019.jpgP4290016.jpg

The joint crack across his torso is really distracting. They really should have made it one solid piece given the shirt is ripped.

The joint crack across his torso is really distracting. They really should have made it one solid piece given the shirt is ripped.

True but but might as well say the joints in the arm and the neck are distracting also. Doesn't detract from the figure imo.

True but but might as well say the joints in the arm and the neck are distracting also. Doesn't detract from the figure imo.

I guess. I suppose with the arms you can pose them bent or upward etc, but the midsection is kind of just.. there.

The joints on this guy are a bit of an eyesore but on a figure like this what are you gonna do? It's not a statue. I picked him up late but glad I did. The sculpt is kinda stylized but pretty damn good. It really works for Campbell. Probably the best human paint apps I have seen on a sideshow figure.

Back