1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wonder how many goats Sideshow sacrificed to get the quality they did out of Ash compared to their other releases.

At least 10 haha. Jokes aside I am loving this figure and glad I was able to find one. Sideshow has been surprising me lately. Personally I think the new Jason and Freddy were hits as well. I know some were not as universally happy with Freddy but I was.

Part of me really wishes they'd do an 'old Ash' companion piece from Ash vs Evil Dead, but then even if they did, what chance is there they'd manage to nail the King twice...

It’s a different license and licensor for each entry. Raimi, Tapert and Campbell own the rights to the original movie outright, Studiocanal owns the merchandising rights to ED2, MGM owns the merchandising rights to AoD and STARZ owns the merchandising rights to AvED. Now that obviously doesn’t actually stop a company from releasing merch from multiple entries, Sideshow obviously did both ED2 and AoD and NECA did ED2, AoD and AvED. Even so, there’s no reason to expect that Sideshow currently even has the rights to anything but ED2.

Furthermore, with the TV show’s cancelation I don’t see a mad scramble to snatch up the AvED rights. I know NECA isn’t planning anything beyond their upcoming Evil Ashy Slashy puppet and they seem to be hinting at more ED2 or AoD figures.

The rights are available, and the Evil Dead 2 figure sold out very quickly and was very well received, particularly for a Sideshow release.

I never said I expected it to happen, but if those factors don't up the chance of Sideshow making the investment and taking another swing at Ash while there's still clearly money to be made, then nothing will. Plus, I doubt the licenses are particularly costly, as far as such licenses go, hence the sheer amount of merch that's been pumped out in recent years for both sequels and the tv show.

Again, it won't ever happen probably, but I'd still love to have an old Ash as a companion piece nonetheless. An AoD Ash I could personally take or leave. :)

Part of me really wishes they'd do an 'old Ash' companion piece from Ash vs Evil Dead, but then even if they did, what chance is there they'd manage to nail the King twice...

If anything they will re-release the same figure. Sideshow isn't big on innovation or doing extra work when they can just make money copying old stuff. I think they are on their fourth or fifth run of probe droids.

The rights are available, and the Evil Dead 2 figure sold out very quickly and was very well received, particularly for a Sideshow release.

I never said I expected it to happen, but if those factors don't up the chance of Sideshow making the investment and taking another swing at Ash while there's still clearly money to be made, then nothing will. Plus, I doubt the licenses are particularly costly, as far as such licenses go, hence the sheer amount of merch that's been pumped out in recent years for both sequels and the tv show.

Again, it won't ever happen probably, but I'd still love to have an old Ash as a companion piece nonetheless. An AoD Ash I could personally take or leave. :)

I can see a Sideshow Army of Darkness Ash happening (destroying the 2002 one they did before) NECA has hinted greatly AOD figures/retro/ultimates are coming. Super 7 is doing a reaction line. So AOD is getting new love

Yeah, I'm not real big on Sideshow's figure releases for the most part, but credit where it's due, this is one of the best 1/6 releases they've put out for my money. Other than being a touch costlier than it should have been, and being a little light on in the old accessories department, the odd looking exposed abdominal fang articulation point, and the frankly cheap shotgun holster, all of which are more nitpicks than anything too serious, Ash is pretty damn kickass, and gets it right in all the ways that really count. And I'm still very happy with mine.

If Sideshow could at least match that quality again, I'd happily but other versions of Ash from them from his various film and tv appearances. Hell, even just a deadite/bad/evil Ash from Evil Dead 2 would make me happy at this point.

Hell with SS mediocrity. Let Hot Toys do an Ash and do it right.

You're smoking crack if you think hot toys will ever go near evil dead.

I love hot toys but that company is a joke when it comes to branching out with licenses. If they can't squeeze every penny out of a license like they do with Marvel, Star Wars, or DC, they're not interested.

Sure they gave us John Wick and Alita but I'll tell you right now that Alita will never see production and that this proto will he the first and last time we ever see her.

If anyone is looking for an alternative body for ash the JXtoys body does pretty well. I did go with custom clothing though. The only problems are the head is a little big for the body and the shoulders are a little too big. My phone takes crap pics sorry.
5c15b7f914f19a9cf4467400c7866537.jpg
ff9058bc2ed8c4ead3344bc8e2b7fa81.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If anyone wants the chainsaw to fit better, you can remove the soft plastic joint attached to the chainsaw and cut it down to a circle and glue it into the hole inside, it goes in for about an inch so you can have the peg go pretty far into the chainsaw. Mine fits in a little past the wrist and now I can actually tuck the sleeve into the chainsaw cuff.
9bd3d3628daefaeb2f5b077ac8efc8e7.jpg
c94f56f05d170d48f6c076de0d4f4640.jpg
08a28b0bac917e0c26d8039a27533ab7.jpg

0e1a0fea139336c06e06f91bb7dcb0a8.jpg

Hi all,
Please have someone some suggestion for alternate belt? I do not like sideshows belt.

40005011783_172a1ef902_o.jpg

So is there any love for an Ash vs. Evil Dead 1/6 figure with interchangeable robot, wood and chainsaw hand from the STARZ series? :monkey3
Heck yes! Dont think there's anymore ash figures coming in my opinion tho

Last edited:
Back