Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received a response back from SS customer service. They do not have the actual figure/box in stock yet so all of the prices and weights for shipping at this time are just estimates.

I've just been told that the shipping estimates are accurate. I told them that Jango Fett was just shipped and the shipping on that was $30. This was my response.

"Normally these smaller 1:6 items have a flat rate of about $20-$40. However, the Deadpool 1:6 figure does not have a flat rate and the discounted rates given to us by FedEx and UPS are correct. The discounted shipping cost would be the same if the order shipped out from our US or International warehouses. We apologize for any confusion in regards to this and if you should have any further questions please feel free to contact me."

Ive also just received an email from sideshow saying the quote is accurate.

Has me at $32 to Ohio. The price alone is pushing it, shipping if not changed makes it a $260+ figure from SS. No thanks.

Gotham knight shows $22. Jango came to $18 . Looks like DP and Batman will be cancelled.

Has me at $32 to Ohio. The price alone is pushing it, shipping if not changed makes it a $260+ figure from SS. No thanks.

Gotham knight shows $22. Jango came to $18 . Looks like DP and Batman will be cancelled.
I'm in Ohio also and $32 in shipping makes me cringe... ugh.

shipping charge is crazy. my account says the same $31+ to Florida. I just shipped today a 4 pound package to Cali via priority mail and it cost $15+ the box is bigger than the MK3 diecast shipper. unless they automatically did a pack out, just seems its $10 too much for shipping.

My order still says processing. No shipping quote yet. :dunno

That said, I am scared to see what it is going to be for me. I'm in California and always request a pack out. $40+ for shipping....if that's the case I'll cancel.

My order still says processing. No shipping quote yet. :dunno

That said, I am scared to see what it is going to be for me. I'm in California and always request a pack out. $40+ for shipping....if that's the case I'll cancel.

Mate, you're canceling because it is $40, us Aussies are canceling because it is $101.
Even if this is correct, the TDKR hot toys bat only costs $90 to ship.

Either the R&D on this ran over budget and they are trying to get their profit margin back from shipping or else the dimensions are wrong.

Mate, you're canceling because it is $40, us Aussies are canceling because it is $101.
Even if this is correct, the TDKR hot toys bat only costs $90 to ship.

I saw someone mention that earlier. What a crock of ****. I couldn't fathom SSC, who probably gets bulk shipping discounts, being able to charge as much as they do to ship a 1/6 figure that comes with basic, run of the mill accessories.

OMG ok I just got my notice so my dead pool is costing me AUD 470.00 !
NO "F,ing" way is this thing worth almost 500.00 !! I am so angry
I am cancelling every one of my sideshow orders I can get this through Popcultcha (shipped)
for AUD 300.00!! that's 170 less than sideshow

O.K WoW! What the Hell is going on at Sideshow ?:dunno I cant wait to pick this guy up and find out whats going on with shipping ? I love ordering from Sideshow direct just in case anything has defects. If they are going to start raising shipping many will easily go else where.:chase Time for someone who's in charge of shipping to step into our fan's office please ?:dunno WHY ? Because YOUR FLIPPIN FIRED!:pfft::horror

OMG ok I just got my notice so my dead pool is costing me AUD 470.00 !
NO "F,ing" way is this thing worth almost 500.00 !! I am so angry
I am cancelling every one of my sideshow orders I can get this through Popcultcha (shipped)
for AUD 300.00!! that's 170 less than sideshow

why you buy direct from SSC? is it because you order an EX....

dont forget to add the FEDEX fee...their fee will be the FATALITY....

why you buy direct from SSC? is it because you order an EX....

dont forget to add the FEDEX fee...their fee will be the FATALITY....

Hey Mate,
I buy from SSC to show them customer "Loyalty" (I have been buying SSC since universal Monsters) I also do it for the reward points. As well as the EX... I love some of the exclusive Items ( like Hoth,s damaged Head Sculpt for one)
The shipping was never really an Issue, I think on my Han and Luke Hoth I paid about 30 - 35 USD each so I was happy paying that
Now paying 101 USD is to much. So I have sent SSC an E-Mail to cancel my next 8 items down the pipe line.

if SS gets this next tues(think i saw someone say SS said that) will it be instock then and soon after retailers? or just for the PO's etc?

I just chatted with Tesa and she confirmed for me as well that shipping on Deadpool was $32 from CA to Michigan. I said in the almost 20 years of shopping with them I've never seen a shipping price spike like that on a 1/6 product before, and it was making me question whether I should continue shopping with Sideshow. She told me that the decision was made to not offer a discounted shipping cost on this product, and that most of the time there is a discount on shipping fees. She offered me a discount on the product, but said she was unable to change the shipping costs.

This was the final nail in my shopping with Sideshow, and most likely the deciding factor in killing my 1/6 collection entirely. It has just finally gotten out of control, and if anyone thinks that any 1/6 product Sideshow is manufacturing in 2015 is worth $250+, they are out of their damn mind.

I just lost between $200 - $300 in NRD's, but all Sideshow preorders have been cancelled and Tesa said she would close my account. I asked her to please tell anyone up the ladder that would listen that Sideshow's business decisions and lack of communication with customers is costing them long time loyal customers. Hopefully someone will pay attention.

I buy from SSC to show them customer "Loyalty" (I have been buying SSC since universal Monsters) I also do it for the reward points. As well as the EX... I love some of the exclusive Items ( like Hoth,s damaged Head Sculpt for one)
The shipping was never really an Issue.

Same here, I also get some personal satisfaction with directly supporting a company that I wanted to see succeed.

Last edited:
Wait if it's $32 for shipping from CA to MI what's it going to be going to MA?
When did they start jacking up shipping costs?

what i'd like to see is the actual bill from these thieves.

i'm a nobody in the world of distribution... and when i can go to UPS and send a box that is larger than this one and more weight from FL to CA and it's only $18... someone is straight up lying! to say that they send this crap and its typically a discount on shipping is also a lie. I mailed a rocket/groot 2 pack for under $18... SS charged me almost $23! and it's obvious they get shipping discounts because of volume... but even factoring no discounts... they ripped me off for $5+ on that deal.

A box this size and weight going from CA to NY should be ~$17.

If they stick with this customers will leave in droves. Me included.

Back