Sideshow 1/6 Yoda Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That crap would sit in 90% of our parts bins for eternity. Some would even buy two sets to display both versions... I can't imagine it myself but I thought I was picking up on that vibe from other posts when I was reading this AM.

Honestly, I'm thinking this will just be a OT version and I can't see why SS would do a multi pack. They wouldn't be doing themselves justice sales wise were they to blow all of the sales potential for Yoda on one release. Make the OT version first, then a couple years from now release a PT version with lightsaber and all.... No brainer.

I disagree. I think offering both together is a better shot. Otherwise you'll get a "one or the other" mentality. 2-pack is the way to go. Everybody gets the Yoda they want and Sideshow gets mad cash for a couple of 3" figures.

i agree with Nam here. I think its a cash cow for the 2 pack. The people interested in only 1 or the other will work something out for themselves. But if SSC sparsed them out its probably too easy for people who bought the first one to skip on the second one.

I think it's a similar situation to the Palpatine/Sidious set. Neither would have been strong sellers on their own but put them together, throw in some cool crap and hike the price and you got em hooked. They will do the same here. Instead of losing potential sales on one or the other, sell em as a two pack. Bunch o cool crap and hike the price.

i agree with Nam here. I think its a cash cow for the 2 pack. The people interested in only 1 or the other will work something out for themselves. But if SSC sparsed them out its probably too easy for people who bought the first one to skip on the second one.

But if they release the less desirable version first, like the PT version, then people will buy it first for the novelty of finally having Yoda. They will eventually end up buying the ESB version the following year because it's the more popular version. That way they get both separate releases to sell. Just look at Vader. Everyone is salivating to get the ROTJ version with the removable helmet, but they released the ANH version first, confident it would sell just cos it's finally Vader. And we'll all still buy the ROTJ version when it comes out for the Shaw reveal.

Sucky for us, good business for them.

But if they release the less desirable version first, like the PT version, then people will buy it first for the novelty of finally having Yoda. They will eventually end up buying the ESB version the following year because it's the more popular version. That way they get both separate releases to sell. Just look at Vader. Everyone is salivating to get the ROTJ version with the removable helmet, but they released the ANH version first, confident it would sell just cos it's finally Vader. And we'll all still buy the ROTJ version when it comes out for the Shaw reveal.

Sucky for us, good business for them.

Vader is 14" of awesomeness though. We're talking about a high-priced 3" figure here. I doubt that logic would work. Most who want the OT (especially those who openly hate on the PT) would wait knowing there'll be another Yoda eventually. While Vader can sustain multiple releases because he's Vader, with Yoda, it's all or nada.

As long as I can get a proper TESB Yoda without it costing me an arm and a leg, I don't care what they do.

But I'm still bitter than we're officially at TESB's 30th Anniversary today and the best Sideshow can do to "celebrate" is throw us a sneak production peek for a 1:6 Yoda... 4+ years into the line's existence.

Black Ops vehicle projects have quicker ramp up times than their 1:6 stuff.

As long as I can get a proper TESB Yoda without it costing me an arm and a leg, I don't care what they do.

But I'm still bitter than we're officially at TESB's 30th Anniversary today and the best Sideshow can do to "celebrate" is throw us a sneak production peek for a 1:6 Yoda... 4+ years into the line's existence.

Black Ops vehicle projects have quicker ramp up times than their 1:6 stuff.

Yeah, disappointed there wasn't an ESB PPO. But then, Sideshow aren't the only license holders who've dropped that ball. Just about everybody has. Sad thing is I bet everybody and their grandmother will be hyping Jedi when that anny rolls around in a few years.

Sideshow's shown us an awful lot of "sneak peeks". When are we going to see the real deal?!? How long ago did we see Gammy? Are they saving it all for SDCC?

Yeah, disappointed there wasn't an ESB PPO. But then, Sideshow aren't the only license holders who've dropped that ball. Just about everybody has. Sad thing is I bet everybody and their grandmother will be hyping Jedi when that anny rolls around in a few years.

No, Sideshow isn't the only one who dropped the ball for TESB product in 2010. But their slow-as-snails Product Planning practices make it that much more frustrating.

I disagree. I think offering both together is a better shot. Otherwise you'll get a "one or the other" mentality. 2-pack is the way to go. Everybody gets the Yoda they want and Sideshow gets mad cash for a couple of 3" figures.

Maybe I'm just letting my personal desire for just the OT version cloud my judgement but I'd hate to be milked for twice as much money for a figure I have no desire to own.... Especially if it's the wonky TPM version.

sw-ep1-yoda.jpg

Though I'd assume that would just be an additional head.... Not that it matters much since I'll be buying this regardless.:cuckoo:

whoaa I've just know this yoda today!

Is it the right time to buy Medicom Yoda? (VCD)

I almost buy one, it's still in my consideration since I really want a Yoda, but suddenly I found this news, just today!

what do you think guys, will this Yoda make the Medicom Yoda like his 6:6 life size statue? I really need an advice here...

the small body... this is what I've been waiting for! Yes I saw someone said Jawas!!! I want EWOKS too!!!

Maybe I'm just letting my personal desire for just the OT version cloud my judgement but I'd hate to be milked for twice as much money for a figure I have no desire to own.... Especially if it's the wonky TPM version.

That's probably the case. Personally I want both but if the PT version is released beforehand, I'd probably only get that. I'd prefer a more versatile Yoda like the one from the PT. Plus, Lucas hated the way Yoda looked in TPM so any PT Yoda will resemble the ROTS version. The OT is memorable, but IMHO, boring.

I'll get one of each... he's a key character and the look/attitude is different enough to justify having 2 Yoda's.

Sounds like the Palpatine Two-Fer.

No doubt it will be both in one package.

That would be the best option... one body and 2 heads would suck as it will not be easy (or really possible) to track down a second loose body.

But on the plus side if you only wanted one version I'm sure there would be people willing to split a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back