JND Studios 1:3 John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This could be the first one to grab me, I really wanted their Indy but passed, not sure I will be able to resist with this.

What are we thinking price wise?

1000003617.jpg

I don't know how I feel about the sculpted facial hair on this silicone portrait. Everything else looks awesome though.

Last edited:
View attachment 704691

I don't know how I feel about the sculpted facial hair on this silicone portrait. Everything else looks awesome though.
Yea I agree. At this scale and amount of detail, a punched, real hair beard should be achievable. I’ve seen it done really well at 1/6 scale so there’s no reason it can’t be done at 1/3.

Tailoring on the suit looks really good

Last edited:
View attachment 704691

I don't mind the beard but it might depend how it looks in different lighting, I think all of their eyebrows have been sculpted but obvioulsy a much smaller area.
Hand punched beard hair would jack up the price so much more but I have seen different techniques in prosthetic makeup when they need facial hair (I think using conductive flocking or something like that)

Not into JW, but this thing looks epic so far. Hopefully they pull off the face and JW fans can rejoice.

From what they've even shown so far it feels like they've definitively captured the characters essence.

The overall statue is pretty mental, absolute quality. My only gripe would be the gun holding arm looks like it would be better closer to his body.

Will appreciate this one from afar, I'd like Oh Dae-Su and that would fill my revenge man in black suit statue wishlist for the year.

I wish they had a wire in the tie to match that image above. I was really looking forward to this but something about it doesn't look right, from some angles it's great though

Haven’t had a chance to watch the reveal video yet to see if they show the raw sculpt, but based on the images they've released, I'm not really seeing Keanu in the sculpt. Eyes are wrong, brow is too furrowed, eyebrows too angled. I think they went a little too far on the "snarl" he sort of has in the inspiration/poster image. Suit jacket is looking oversized at the shoulders and arms/sleeves. It should be slim fit. It’ll no doubt be top from a quality standpoint, but this one still needs some work.

Would be great if Blitzway/P1 were to do a 1/3 John Wick 2. It's hard to compete with a KA Kim sculpt

Last edited:
This looks like the image that they have used as a reference. They haven't been able to capture that same facial expression.

View attachment 705178
They are not even close. Funny thing is in their last video JND is kind of addressing the bad likness issue. The guy trying to find an excuse regarding their poor liknesses. He said it is very hard to capture their sculpts in camera but it is BS.

Hmm - after watching the video, the raw sculpt looks pretty good. Apparently this is the same sculptor as their Indiana Jones though

Screenshot 2024-05-30 115658.png

Something about the paint apps and/or photography must be throwing it off. Just as other JND products, JND doesn't seem to know how to photograph their own stuff. In-hand collector images tend to be what really showcase a lot of their pieces but it's not the smartest move to place an order on something as expensive as JND products with the hope that in-hand photos will show something off better than prototype images

Last edited:
Hmm - after watching the video, the raw sculpt looks pretty good. Apparently this is the same sculptor as their Indiana Jones though

View attachment 705217

Something about the paint apps and/or photography must be throwing it off. Just as other JND products, JND doesn't seem to know how to photograph their own stuff. In-hand collector images tend to be what really showcase a lot of their pieces but it's not the smartest move to place an order on something as expensive as JND products with the hope that in-hand photos will show something off better than prototype images
This was going to be my first JND product because the teaser pics looked spot on. However the likeness needs to be 100% on something this expensive.

I was going to get this and also the Prime 1 Neo, both in 1/3 scale, however this just doesn't cut it. In reality, Prime 1 and JND don't usually scale too well anyway as Prime 1 is always larger.

I'll be going for the Prime 1/Blitzway Wick instead.

Back