Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's sculptors can now put more effort into their sculpts considering that Sideshow appears to be adapting Hot Toys' method for their head molds.

Sideshow should encourage/request their sculptors to start molding skin pores and such (a la Yulli & other HT sculptors) because with this flesh tone mold method those can now be seen and give a great deal of a more realistic look to the figure than Sideshow's previous slop of paint all over the face.

Sideshow is definitely getting better, but they still have some steps to take.

There's a mis-assumption in here though. Sideshow's never had skin texture on their portraits not by choice, but just because they don't know how to do it. I've talked to Trev about this before, and he'd like to know how Yulli and the other HT guys accomplish the effect.

SSC sculptors give their portraits their best effort, the only difference now will be that when they sculpt subtle details, like faint wrinkles, they'll show through better now because there's no paint filling them in.

Just doesn't seem to be the same looking at them. At least to me for some reason. The paint job is very well done overall but does seem to be in the same manner as previous SS figures.

Guess I'll know next week, so far all the images have looked of the same quality as Clone Obi-Wan, the Hobbits and Gandalf.

He looks kinda oily, and the stubble is kinda suspect. The repaints of this figure have brought out the great sculpt though.

:clap

It is done very well like those just doesn't seem the same material.

Well, that's I'll agree without getting him. Frodo and Sam seem like one quality and finish, Clonobi another and Gandalf still another. I like the advancements SSC's making with the new style, I just hope they find a consistent finish. One thing about HT, all their portaits come out with the same qualit to the casted flesh material.

Sideshow seems to have found a nice streak with their HT style. I should say I like how they've come out. I like how Wayne's head came out but wasn't imprsessed with the POTC heads. So I have high hope for Stark when he ships.

There's a mis-assumption in here though. Sideshow's never had skin texture on their portraits not by choice, but just because they don't know how to do it. I've talked to Trev about this before, and he'd like to know how Yulli and the other HT guys accomplish the effect.

SSC sculptors give their portraits their best effort, the only difference now will be that when they sculpt subtle details, like faint wrinkles, they'll show through better now because there's no paint filling them in.

Great post. The subtler the details, the more alive the face looks, that and great eyework (and no doll dots!). I hope SSC crack it eventually, although they seem to be a little slow as a company to innovate.

Great post. The subtler the details, the more alive the face looks

Not only alive, but age appropriate. SSC Palpatine is a good example. There are some subtle wrinkles around his eyes, you can faintly see them on the figure, but I imagine had no paint filled them in, it'd show better and add more age to his face.

Been checking in over the week when I can (work has been insane) and have been really enjoying the constant stream of images. It's been really great how this figure is bringing the shutterbug out in everyone as well as many of the resident artist's brushes to wonderful effect. Some truly impressive shots to view and the usual spirited commentary to enjoy while I waited for Indy to make it up to my neck of the woods....

He made it here yesterday...so while everyone's stuffing their faces with dead birds and the requisite side dishes, I'm enjoying a little quiet time admiring this amazing figure...

3064390544_097bf175a3_o.jpg

I know folks are having some issues with the new Prometheus, but I'll say I'm quite impressed. The joints are a bit loose, but not enough to hinder various posing options. I like some of the refined features like the peg system for changing hands....much easier than the buck. I also like how the hips are done in such a way as to not make the waist look sunken in where the pants waist line hits. Makes the clothes hang better on the body and looks good.
It seems to pose less awkwardly too...it's a welcome addition.

3063550979_4d4446574d_o.jpg

The tailoring on this figure is really good...really hitting high marks on the details like pants with working pockets and the shirt with the strap to help hold it tucked in. The jacket is a lot better looking in hand, but the material is pretty unforgiving as far as getting it to lay well.

And the sculpt....well, as so many of the great images in this thread under various lighting and photographic conditions have shown, it is quite simply amazing. Trevor has captured Ford's appearance as no figure has before. The paint apps on both versions is quite good (Sideshow has been on a roll lately in this department).

3064387558_63c7e94e01_b.jpg

Now the only issue I had with this figure was one I haven't experienced since the early releases in the Star Wars line...a ruined box. Those styro-caps have been a welcome addition to the shipping box, but this time someone got a little heavy-handed putting them on and just totally bent the flaps over on themselves, distorting and damaging the box. It's too bad, because I really like the package...it's handsome and well-rendered in the style of the SW line....maybe I'll contact Sideshow about getting a new one.

We had a good long wait from announcement to PPO to finally having Sideshow's take on this iconic character. It's great to have the end result of that wait be a really well-done sixth-scale representation of Indiana Jones to display and enjoy.

And that's something to be thankful for , indeed....

Awesome pics jedibear! What a great location.

Here are some shots of Indy in action that I took:

IMG_09433.JPG

IMG_09421.JPG

IMG_09382.JPG

IMG_09492.JPG

IMG_09511.JPG

IMG_09521.JPG

IMG_09443.JPG

IMG_09531.JPG

**EDIT** Whoops! Didn't realize till just now that I forgot to remove the coiled whip from his belt:rolleyes:

I need to get that Cairo Swordsman now! Great pics.

And Jedibear -- beautiful outdoor pictures as always. That last one really does look great. Futz his clothing a bit -- put that bag strap under his jacket damn you :) -- and take some more shots and I bet Dave will post that pic on the front page too!

Yeah, out of all the Hasbro 12" offerings he was the only one I could bring myself to buy, and I got him for $10 at that.

Back