Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the head a tad small compared to other Sideshow offerings. Once you get the figure in hand I'm sure you will be happy with the scale of the head to the body.

Great figure!!!!!!

That head is SO freaking big!!! I'm so afraid I'm going to be disappointed when he arrives. Please, can anyone who put his head on a HT TrueType body show some pictures? I hope it will help fix the problem.

My advice would be to just forget about all the online stuff you're reading. When the figure comes in, futz with it a bit and judge it for yourself. I went through the process of putting him on the TrueType but ended up changing my mind and putting him back on the Pro. Overall, it really is just a great figure and the best Indy to date.

The neck is the only thing I had issues with, which isn't really loose but more just that the hat-sculpt head is a little too heavy, is easily fixed with any number of ideas already given. The overall "looseness factor" I think is just a big game of telephone that's going around here right now.

That head is SO freaking big!!! I'm so afraid I'm going to be disappointed when he arrives. Please, can anyone who put his head on a HT TrueType body show some pictures? I hope it will help fix the problem.

Don't even think twice about it. The head is not too big at all even though it may appear that way in photos. There may be other issues with the figure but the proportions are excellent.

Unless I'm missing something I swore the Hovitos dart would fit onto the torch. I'm not sure where I saw this b/c it's not on the product photos and I can't check the video b/c I'm on my cell phone. Looking at mine now the slot on the torch isn't deep enough for the dart. Is it just me and am I just imagining things?

An attempted repaint and some dramatic lighting...

IMG_1962_2.jpg

That's my favorite. Good job. Maybe I'll tackle a repaint myself.

What again are some of the "tips" to tighten up the neck and some of the other joints?

I got mine today and the neck seems a little loose. It's not horrible but I'd like it to be stiffer.

The ankle joint on the left leg is a little to loose for my tastes too. If anyone can just post a few tips because I don't have time to search threw all of these threads.

Thanks.

Here are my contributions:

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

I still love the sculpt, but the paint job is barely better than Hasbro quality. The beard reminds me of when I used to scribble beards onto my action man figures with a pencil. C'mon SSC, you can do better than this. The only reason they can get away with it on this figure is the quality of the sculpt.

Thanks for the advice on the ISO setting Sean. This concept spurred me on to understand what P, Av, and Tv modes mean...well a little for now at least. ;)

I was able to take these photos hand-held in dim incandescent lighting at ISO 80. If I left the camera on auto, it would always choose ISO 200 at the very minimum.

5e7hvc.jpg

33viuea.jpg

28mftd1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice on the ISO setting Sean. This concept spurred me on to understand what P, Av, and Tv modes mean...well a little for now at least. ;)

I was able to take these photos hand-held in dim incandescent lighting at ISO 80. If I left the camera on auto, it would always choose ISO 200 at the very minimum.

33viuea.jpg

28mftd1.jpg

There you go. The more your camera allows manual control over setting, the better use you can get from it.

There you go. The more your camera allows manual control over setting, the better use you can get from it.

That is the absolute truth!! Until I started futzing with the manual settings, I was getting run-of-the-mill pics. Now, I have a better feel for my Canon Powershot, and I'm getting pictures light-years beyond what I would have expected for the price I paid!!!

I still love the sculpt, but the paint job is barely better than Hasbro quality. The beard reminds me of when I used to scribble beards onto my action man figures with a pencil. C'mon SSC, you can do better than this. The only reason they can get away with it on this figure is the quality of the sculpt.

No, not even close.:lol The paint job is fantastic and miles ahead of Hasbro. I do wish they would have gone more the HT route with this based on how Obi-Wan and GTG turned out.

No, not even close.:lol The paint job is fantastic and miles ahead of Hasbro. I do wish they would have gone more the HT route with this based on how Obi-Wan and GTG turned out.

I'm confused, how is Indy not the HT route? Isn't he cast in flesh tone and then painted like Clone Obi-Wan and Gandalf?

I'm confused, how is Indy not the HT route? Isn't he cast in flesh tone and then painted like Clone Obi-Wan and Gandalf?

Just doesn't seem to be the same looking at them. At least to me for some reason. The paint job is very well done overall but does seem to be in the same manner as previous SS figures.

Sideshow's sculptors can now put more effort into their sculpts considering that Sideshow appears to be adapting Hot Toys' method for their head molds.

Sideshow should encourage/request their sculptors to start molding skin pores and such (a la Yulli & other HT sculptors) because with this flesh tone mold method those can now be seen and give a great deal of a more realistic look to the figure than Sideshow's previous slop of paint all over the face.

Sideshow is definitely getting better, but they still have some steps to take.

I can live without the skin pores honestly. Human skin pores aren't large enough to see with the eye anyways unless you get right up to the mirror or have some kind of major skin issues. If they can come out looking like GTG or Obi-Wan that would be just fine.

SS is getting better. I agree but all of them can strive to get better.

Back