Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh where to begin. I got mine a few days ago and i have to say there was alot wrong with it. First the body was flimsy, The paint applications suck, the hat had a chunk taken out of it, the idol was shedding its gold finish, The dart doesnt even fit into the torch, come on Sideshow!! Im glad a paid 89.99 for this figure. :mad:

Sounds like grounds for a return.

Regarding the doll dot, I took the plunge with my Jedi Luke and he looks much better. I just mixed some paint that was more or less the colour of the eyes, covered the dot, managed to get some on the whites of the eyes, even covered part of the black pupil and...it still looks MUCH better than it did before. Obviously a close up photo would expose my atrocious technique but posed on a shelf a foot or two away it looks instantly more high end. I've done the same with a thunderball bond. I'd advise you not to paint the pupil - the tiny bit of doll dot that's left in the pupil actually looks okay.

Moral: just do it, anything is better than the doll dot. I managed it and I have the unsteadiest hands in the world.

Well, I looked a little bit closer at the stuff that came with my SS Indy and up until now I hadn't tried to put the arrow in the torch and mine doesn't fit either. It looks to me like they didn't make the slot deep enough to fit the arrow head into the torches body....

I also noticed a few minor scuffs on my Gold Idol but that's really not an issue. I'm assuming if the paint EVER becomes I major problem I can repaint it with some metallic gold paint.

One thing I just noticed with the Browning automatic gun. Watch out when your sliding the chamber back. I went a little to far back and it sent the hammer shooting off the gun and on to the floor. At first I thought I broke it but it turns out the hammer is just a small piece of plastic that sits in a groove under the chamber. So. it went back in really easy. It's just something to watch out for though.

IMG_7191.jpg

Well, with a little luck, tracking's showing Indy a day ahead of schedule, I should have him on Monday if it holds, that'd be cool.

Everything looks nice except, not sure if it's the pictures or not, but the eyebrows seem almost not even there, maybe a hair more definition of them and I think you're golden.

I was thinking the same thing.:lol They're very light. I may darken them just a bit.

I made a German mechanic on a SOTW figure and a 21st century head. You can see him in the corner of my Indy Thanksgiving display.
I'll take thost pics outside in the sand.

I made a German mechanic on a SOTW figure and a 21st century head. You can see him in the corner of my Indy Thanksgiving display.
I'll take thost pics outside in the sand.

He looks damn cool, too! :monkey5

I see we have a mutual goal in having several variations of Indy. I'm currently without a Raiders version until SS gets on the stick.

Any Limeys here had experience of buying SSC stuff from Play? I was wondering how quickly they arrive after the US release.

He looks damn cool, too! :monkey5

I see we have a mutual goal in having several variations of Indy. I'm currently without a Raiders version until SS gets on the stick.

Thanks, I know someone else posted the same mechanic figure set up. I like the variety in the Ford sculpts. I did the same with my John Wayne figures. I have 3 different Wayne sculpts.

As promised, daylight and unjacketed shots... Hope you guys enjoy them. I got some good shots, at least while the sunlight lasted... I took these in a hurry.

DSCN5192.jpg

DSCN5193.jpg

DSCN5194.jpg

DSCN5195.jpg

DSCN5196.jpg

DSCN5197.jpg

DSCN5198.jpg

DSCN5199.jpg

Thanks guys! Now I just need some chalk to do his jacket and hat up a bit... and we are golden. I love how the head came out, in one of the profile shots, you can see the sweat trails I gave him. :rock

And Sean, with that shot... I wanted to get that image of Indy's first appearance in Raiders, when he stepped into the light. I really like how it came out.

Back