Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a piece of plastic in between the batteries. You have to pull it out before it will work. I had to figure this out the hard way too. They should have included some kind of note in the instructions. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I already did that, but it still didn't work. I had to open up the battery case and move the batteries around before the lights turned on. However, when I turn it off and turn it on again, the same problem persists. I have to fickle with the batteries every time just to get the lights to turn on.

That's strange. You may have gotten a dud. If it were me, i'd contact Sideshow about it.

Yeah there's three settings. One touch for on. Second turns on the holoprojector too. Third turns it off.

actually, I've been searching online and just read about the touch panel, so that may be my problem. I'll try it when I get home.

While you are at it with the batteries, i recommend that you swap for better quality ones. The ones they include don't last very long and may leak if left in there over time.
The touch panel would have been a mystery if it was'nt for this forum, paper to print decent instructions on must be expensive these days! :dunno

Sound like the battery terminals may be corroded. remove the batteries, then chuck them. Clean the terminals with sand paper. Replace with fresh batteries.

Yep, he admitted that he only just found out that the lights are activated via touch sensor, after fiddling around with the piece for a while. Seems that he thought you only had to flip the switch inside the dome to activate the lights.

Sounds like user error to me too! I can't recall--is there anything on or in the box to show you how the lights turn on? Here's the video Sideshow posted after they had gotten a lot of questions about it:

Light-up instructions for R2-D2 Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure | Sideshow Collectibles

I've read people mention there were no instructions, which to me is a big fail on SSC's part WRT packaging. Every figure that takes a battery should have something included for reference.

At first, i didn't get how people failed to get how R2 lights worked. Then, i realized i wouldn't have either if i hadn't watched a SDCC video showing how R2's lights were activated. made it a lot easier to figure out a few months later when he landed home.

Just got R2 in the mail today from Sideshow....

This is probably an obvious question but is the dome supposed to have rough patches of paint?

and is the main lens supposed to be glossy or covered in over spray like this?

I'd love to get this little guy but everytime I'm thinking about pulling the trigger I see people having quality problems...

Sounds like 100% user error to me actually. :) Resetting the batteries causes the state to change which means they're probably not using the touch panel (correctly).

Yup! I just didn't understand that you needed to use the touch panel to turn on the lights and was probably hitting it by accident when I was "fiddling" with the batteries. I feel so dumb now. hahaha!

Yes, contact them and wait 5 months for the replacement! I still haven't received my replacement dome which was requested in January. Each time I contact them they say it is coming in the next 2 weeks. :gah:

Back