Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got this figure and the paint really leaves me underwhelmed. Scale is nice, lights are great, but he needs an enamel finish. I just got an airbrush, so maybe I will give it a shot. Medicom did a much better job. Wish the Tamashii has happened even at twice the cost.

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same.

Finally had a chance to open this figure. This is my first sixth scale figure, and first impression is that it does seem a little flimsy for the price, I expected it to have a bit more weight to it. It's not a huge deal though. While I feel like I need be careful with it, it doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart in my hand. The doors on mine stay shut and are not loose at all. The only part that is loose is the 2nd blue arm that swings out.

The paint job is nice on my figure. I do think they went a bit heavy handed with the grime on the figure, but I'm not bothered enough by it to repaint or anything. I like to keep my figures original for the most part.

4fj84.jpg

Quick question. I have the exclusive version with the saw arm. On mine, it looks like the saw part is uneven, like it was glued on at a weird angle instead of parallel to the arm like it should be. My buddy has the same figure and his is messed up as well, but at a different angle. Did anyone else see this issue with their figures? I'm thinking about contacting sideshow to get a replacement arm, but if it's just how they're made I won't bother. It's a small issue, but it's noticeable. I tried attaching a picture below, but it's difficult to photograph. It's easier to see in person.

aellqq.jpg

Mine looks uneven but the other way so it's probably not worth getting a replacement. Never noticed it before though. Not too excited by the exclusives, the saw is the only one that stands out.

My saw arm is the same as yours. I'm not bothered by it though. I guess I could just break it off and glue it back on straight.

Yeah the only exclusive I'm kinda bummed I missed out on was the saw. But I guess I can live without it, and will definitely not be spending $20-30 for a parted out one on ebay, whenever they start showing up.

Yeah the only exclusive I'm kinda bummed I missed out on was the saw. But I guess I can live without it, and will definitely not be spending $20-30 for a parted out one on ebay, whenever they start showing up.

You could make one out of a piece of wire (paper clip) and some other bits. Painted up it might look better then the original one. Just for fun I think I'll try that.

Finally had a chance to open this figure.

Quick question. I have the exclusive version with the saw arm. On mine, it looks like the saw part is uneven, like it was glued on at a weird angle instead of parallel to the arm like it should be. My buddy has the same figure and his is messed up as well, but at a different angle. Did anyone else see this issue with their figures? I'm thinking about contacting sideshow to get a replacement arm, but if it's just how they're made I won't bother. It's a small issue, but it's noticeable. I tried attaching a picture below, but it's difficult to photograph. It's easier to see in person.

aellqq.jpg

Just had a look at mine, also is not parallel to the arm. Did'nt even notice until now. You could try sitting the arm in tempid water to soften the glue, then gently straighten the saw blade out. But this would be risky, as the arm may snap at any time with too much pressure
May be best to leave it be....

I'll probably just leave it be. I was going to attempt to remove the blade portion and re-glue it, but I'm afraid the arm might break in the process.

I was pretty lucky with my Exclusive R2-D2.

The saw is parallel to the arm:

16737221826_947b4dc4c4_o.jpg

The Regular arrived today and the only issue I found was that the smaller door on his left hand side (the one where the restraining bolt is supposed to go), wouldn't close completely. But I found the cause: there's a tiny bit of glue on the inside of the door. :lol

On the Regular all the other doors and the blue arms are tight and don't fall open when Artoo is turned over.

I was planning to use the serving tray on the second Artoo, but there's just something cool about the classic astromech shape that I prefer. So everything extra from the regular has gone back in the box.

I received the silver Exclusive sticker from Sideshow for the box, but where would one stick it? :)lol)

Did any of these actually go out with the stickers applied?

I received my exclusive buzz saw replacement and the decal on it still doesn't look that good. First one was way off. Anyone else misaligned?

Got my taxes back this week, might treat myself to this guy. Seems to have mixed reviews though. :/

Back