Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys here's my video review of r2!

Can't see Part 1 as it's "unavailable". :(

Raymond Ferraro said:

I agree with all the points you made.

:lecture

K1NG J0RDAN said:
Perhaps you are right. He's a slimey little bugger, trying to escape.

You should contact Sideshow as he could be malfunctioning. Has he, by any chance, been babbling on about a mission?

It's about the same size as SS Jedi Luke's, but its a completely different sculpt.

16470375105_87da3536ac_o.jpg

Luke's above, R2's below.

Thanks for that! It looks really close. I thought it might have been 1/5 scale or something because of what it's used for.

Thanks for that! It looks really close. I thought it might have been 1/5 scale or something because of what it's used for.

Length is about the same, but each section varies with some being thicker and some thinner.

Here's a slightly better photo:

16283809470_fe67d83a27_c.jpg

The biggest difference is the size of the gold rectangular section.

Interesting, must have missed those..., maybe as this one is basically a cheaper figure, they aren't bothering then?

Maybe. I think it entirely depends on what the fault is.
If anyone got a replacement and didn't get asked to destroy the original, i might be interested in the original piece. I have a custom in mind.

part 2

You're right about sideshow's QC. It can be very frustrating sometimes. That lightsaber comparment was a great idea, but not executed well on the production figures.
The problem with the loose compartments has been varied, some people experiencing worse examples than others.
Very thorough review, thanks for taking the time to make it.

I'm curious what stand SS 3PO will come with. Thinking of grabbing one of the sand covered bases that came with the tusken raider.

part 2

Excellent Review. I was also bummed at first with my R2, but thanks to Fellow freaks like yourself and all the amazing modding and repairing advice you guys give, I managed to fix all the little things that bugged me. Is he still Fragile as !@#$... Hell Yes, But He is still Awesome!

Thank You Freaks. :blissy

I think this is probably the best R2 we will see for quite a while. But who knows with HT, they dance to their own tune.
One thing has bothered me about this though. Does the curve of the dome bother anyone else?

Hard to explain in words but.. Does it slightly curve back in just above the line where it connects with the body?
Imagine the dome is a full circle, with a slice taken off the bottom to make it half a sphere. It shouldn't curve back in above the blue separation point. But it does.

It's not apparent in Jedi bears cool pic above, but it does in other pics and in hand. It's like SS drew the dome plans as a circle and simply sliced off a section rather than tapering it down. Once you see it you can't unsee it. :lol

I think the dome is just slightly wider than the blue circle and that's what creates this effect. I think I see what you mean but only if I really look for it.

Interesting, must have missed those..., maybe as this one is basically a cheaper figure, they aren't bothering then?

Nope. Seems like they either changed their policy or are forgetting to follow up. I just had a complete Winter Soldier figure replaced and they even sent the unmasked head sculpt. Never asked me to destroy the older one or send it back.

Last edited:
Hard to explain in words but.. Does it slightly curve back in just above the line where it connects with the body?
Imagine the dome is a full circle, with a slice taken off the bottom to make it half a sphere. It shouldn't curve back in above the blue separation point. But it does.

No, it doesn't curve back in.

I'm not sure what pictures you are looking at, but it must be some optical illusion. I just looked at mine and gave it a 360 look around. . . and it doesn't curve back in.

No, it doesn't curve back in.

I'm not sure what pictures you are looking at, but it must be some optical illusion. I just looked at mine and gave it a 360 look around. . . and it doesn't curve back in.
Mine does. It's very subtle, but if you were to draw a line around it you would see it I think. Look at the thumbnails from Rays review pics on last page and draw a line around the dome in your mind. I can see it in other people pics as well.

"Nea chada su goodie?"

That is awesome! I love that scene in Jedi. It is so creepy the way Bib rubs is long-figernailed hand on Artoo's dome. One of those little detailed moments that Star Wars is so great at. I may have to find one of the Bib Fortuna figures on the secondary market, or at Celebration in April.

Back