Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3PO4.jpg

"Artoo Detoo! Where's your troosers?"

[video=youtube;pDJflQfNUE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pDJflQfNUE8[/video]

I haven't really been paying attention to the 1/6 scale figures much since I stopped buying them (except for Jabba's palace-related ones). But when I got the email about the new R2 figure, I thought idly that it would be cool if they made a drink tray attachment for him. And wouldn't you know, they did! That was probably enough to hook me, but I also remembered that I had enough rewards points to pay for about half of him, so I went ahead and ordered. Should be a nice upgrade from the Hasbro version with the drink tray I've been using in my Jabba display.

Why would sås not release a 3PO after this one? They create a market for it by releasing this one. People will buy the 3PO also.

Hey has anyone else noticed that the ssc prototype has Artoo's silver parts on the upper leg reversed? The upper leg has on one side two silver knobs and a vertical silver piece. The ssc shows the two knobs at the front of the leg, when they should be on the other side........

There is a standard and they are typically opposite from one side to the other. However, in the films the buttons and pistons can be seen to flop from front to back, scene to scene, mostly in SW...

Tamashii must've worn a bucket-load of returns and refunds. It's almost like they released a figure that cost several hundred dollars without reckoning that buyers would be unhappy with surface blemishes that ranged from scuffs to scratches to pits to blisters. I have a perfect 3PO on my shelf, but it was assembled from two separate figures that, luckily, had imperfections on alternative parts.

If I had paid $400 for mine in would have expected nothing less than perfection. Some of the damages I saw to him were crazy thought. Like those round dents. Sheesh. Tamashii must have took a real hit on this figure.

Anyway, I didn't know your figure was assembled from two. I thought you just got a replacement and destroyed the first. So I assume the replacement had damages too but were able to use the good parts from it?

Great destruction video btw. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I look for C3PO to be around 199.00 to 250.00 round about's epecially if he got an additional headsculpt that sideshow is famous for this could be a jabba palace eye gouged head. and other parts like limbs with exposed wiring since adults collect we can be smart around exposed wires. if he is made 11.75 then that will take the edge of people saying R2 is too short and send people into orbit about 3po being to short lol.

does anyone know how tall the luke actually is and if the skinny hot toys body would work for him?i might get one for a robin figure but was curious about him for luke.

That might be a cool Ex. I don't know how useful some people may find it without a Jabba setting though.

Last edited:
I'd be absolutely shocked if Sideshow's 3PO comes out at $199 or higher. My guess is he'll be under $180. And like I said with R2, $150 is a better (maximum) price for him.

Hey has anyone else noticed that the ssc prototype has Artoo's silver parts on the upper leg reversed? The upper leg has on one side two silver knobs and a vertical silver piece. The ssc shows the two knobs at the front of the leg, when they should be on the other side........

There is a standard and they are typically opposite from one side to the other. However, in the films the buttons and pistons can be seen to flop from front to back, scene to scene, mostly in SW...

:lecture I don't believe anything FS says, but when it comes to R2, you can count on it. He sleeps with R2 every night and takes him everywhere he goes. :)

I don't know everything, but I have done a bit of research on R2. Even went to DroidCon2 last year. Now those guys can tell you every little detail! :lecture

Very cool R2 tattoo. :)

Its on my list of work to get done. I even toyed around with getting a full Star Wars sleeve, but I dont think that will happen. R2 is a must though.

Been jonesing for an R5 for the other side. Hoping to get that done soon, but my artist is in Orlando and booked solid while I'm there next month...

If I had paid $400 for mine in would have expected nothing less than perfection. Some of the damages I saw to him were crazy thought. Like those round dents. Sheesh. Tamashii must have took a real hit on this figure.

Anyway, I didn't know your figure was assembled from two. I thought you just got a replacement and destroyed the first. So I assume the replacement had damages too but were able to use the good parts from it?

Great destruction video btw. :lol

Yeh, what happened was that Sideshow told me they didn't have any replacements for my defective one. Which was complete BS. I then ordered one from hobbylinkjapan (for a hundred bucks less). That one had minor but visible scuffs on two parts. I could've lived with them though, whereas the one I got from SS was really bad - there were only two parts that didn't have marks, blistering or pits on them. But they happened to be the two parts that had scuffs on the HLJ one, so I switched them across before destroying the SS one.

I couldn't believe how hard it was to destroy the figure! That first blow was with a small hammer but it wasn't as light a tap as it looks - and it barely left a dent. In hindsight I might've destroyed it only as far as it took to still be able to use it for something in the future (ie BD 3PO) but I didn't want any chance of Sideshow asking me to do it twice.

Back