Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_m084y3qKZw1rom9flo1_500.gif

Yeah. :lol Its obvious isn't it? People that didn't buy the Tama will buy Sideshows, people that bought the Tama will buy Sideshows.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Interesting conversation you people been having not sure what r2 dropping trow is all about but whatever. as far as temashi 3po hasn't hot toys or sideshow done a die cast model and then a figure as well for another line. what makes this any different

Yeah there's no way Sideshow would make Endor Troopers 8 years ago but no Biker Scouts or anything else from Endor, oh wait.....

I'm joking, SSC Threepio is more than likely going to happen.

Sideshow make an illogical choice? I'm sure that's never happened before.

True they have done some dumb stuff in the past but R2 without 3PO would be the dumbest of them all.

image.jpg

That might be but i think 1/4 inch is not much to get excited about, and the people who bought the temashi just don't want another 3po being made because then
that wont make it special. Personally I don't want a potential disaster and leave 3po up touching r2'and him fall over and crushing or breaking parts. I have seen the video's he can stand just not long by himself. and medicom just sucks point blank period. I feel like the weight and joints might be a potential liability.

so a 3rd C3PO is a necessity for those like myself that want something that actually was apart of the collection. plus i don't see paying 400 bucks for a figure that relies on an ugly stand and doesn't talk. I feel if your paying that much he should have every verse he spoke. and the medicom voice wasnt that great either. I am ok with r2 not making sound because he makes up for it with accessories and lights which are kickass.

I have no interest in a figure that talks or makes sounds, I will never use it. If i was playing with it sure, but it's going to be behind glass and rarely touched.

I'm curious how SSC will do 3PO, I mean the shine affect from Tamashii is because of the metal, however for us to get same treatment from SSC at a cheaper costs each part would have to be electroplated which imo is kinda Hasbro-ish. Since after all I know from experience with Hasbro 3PO electroplating lasts for however long you take care of it on the figure. It can even crack from mis-handles.

Groovy, didn't you see the picture of the guy wearing the R2 "suit?" That's what the jokes are about - dropping a leg, not "trow."

I'm curious how SSC will do 3PO, I mean the shine affect from Tamashii is because of the metal,

It's not. It's a metallic paint. The "diecast" (zamak or whatever this one is made from) is dull grey in color. The same metallic effect can be had with a plastic model, though it may require a different process. The Kenner and Hasbro 3PO figures are all pretty shiny, including their 3 3/4" series.

I've had no cracking nor wear of any kind on any of my vintage 3PO figures and nothing special nor specific has been done to protect them. The Sideshow PF 3PO looks pretty great in photos, as does the Medicom version. I think we'll be fine WRT to the paint apps on the new figure. My only questions at this point are whether they'll improve on the numerous issues with the Tamashii and whether they'll scale it properly with their R2.

Interesting conversation you people been having not sure what r2 dropping trow is all about but whatever. as far as temashi 3po hasn't hot toys or sideshow done a die cast model and then a figure as well for another line. what makes this any different

What is a trow?

That might be but i think 1/4 inch is not much to get excited about, and the people who bought the temashi just don't want another 3po being made because then
that wont make it special. Personally I don't want a potential disaster and leave 3po up touching r2'and him fall over and crushing or breaking parts. I have seen the video's he can stand just not long by himself. and medicom just sucks point blank period. I feel like the weight and joints might be a potential liability.

so a 3rd C3PO is a necessity for those like myself that want something that actually was apart of the collection. plus i don't see paying 400 bucks for a figure that relies on an ugly stand and doesn't talk. I feel if your paying that much he should have every verse he spoke. and the medicom voice wasnt that great either. I am ok with r2 not making sound because he makes up for it with accessories and lights which are kickass.

I don't recall a single person who has the Tama 3PO express concern that a SS release would diminish the exclusivity of that figure. The general concensus appears to be that folks who have the Tamashii figure will either be satisfied with it next to R2, or pick up the (likely) SS release as well. That's because Tamashii 3PO owners tend to bestow upon that figure a degree of reverence that will not be shadowed by an alternative version.

I have the Tamashii 3PO. It is a superb piece that, like most people, I paid closer to $300 than $400 for. Fiend's has wobbly ankles, unfortunately - but few others do. I received two figures (one was faulty, the other its replacement) and each could happily stand on its own on a stable surface. The quality of the stand is not commensurate with the overall quality of the figure, but it's hardly an abomination.

Personally, I don't need my dolls to talk. In fact I prefer them mute. Except Disney Woody - I love hearing about the snake in his boot and the drawstring action is satisfying. But if I had to choose between R2's *bleep bip squawks* and 3PO's miserable whinebaggery, I'll take R2 any day of the week.

You can relax Groovy. You will almost certainly get your preferred SSC 3PO.

I'm curious how SSC will do 3PO, I mean the shine affect from Tamashii is because of the metal, however for us to get same treatment from SSC at a cheaper costs each part would have to be electroplated which imo is kinda Hasbro-ish. Since after all I know from experience with Hasbro 3PO electroplating lasts for however long you take care of it on the figure. It can even crack from mis-handles.

Medicom's 3POs have held up pretty well since their respective releases though?

Just to clear things up about the ankles, my Threepio was most certainly pre-owned. I think that was the reason for the loose ankles and the nick on the back of his head, i think someone dropped him and sent him back.Amazon offered a nice partial refund of $90 which brought the figure down to $210. For $210 I could deal with the small imperfections.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Just to clear things up about the ankles, my Threepio was most certainly pre-owned. I think that was the reason for the loose ankles and the nick on the back of his head, i think someone dropped him and sent him back.Amazon offered a nice partial refund of $90 which brought the figure down to $210. For $210 I could deal with the small imperfections.

I'd forgotten about the deal you got. The refund you got might end up making up around half of the cost of a SS 3PO :)

Tamashii must've worn a bucket-load of returns and refunds. It's almost like they released a figure that cost several hundred dollars without reckoning that buyers would be unhappy with surface blemishes that ranged from scuffs to scratches to pits to blisters. I have a perfect 3PO on my shelf, but it was assembled from two separate figures that, luckily, had imperfections on alternative parts.

Still, apart from some decent discounting here and there, they haven't ended up in any bargain bins yet.

Back