Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just going to say something similar. There's nothing about this new version that looks like ****. It might be lighter in hand due to materials used but once it's on the shelf there's nothing about this that looks bad.

The HT R2 might have a die cast dome and be a little heaver and sturdier in hand but the finish on the dome makes it look cheaper than it is.

I honestly did not know there was more than one SSC version. I bought it new from them in December of 2016.

It seems they've rereleased it in the last few months without any kind of fanfare. They updated the images and it has a whole new paint job. Here's a couple of images that Ozzel posted in July

c16763bca3fc127013a5261c4749e5d6.jpg
f3fe404fd7cf83a1b9d6dcbddcd9342f.jpg

Have to admit the V2 looks considerably better. Not sure if it’s worth picking up a second version though. The new Hot Toys version displayed at SDCC will hopefully come out soon. While it’ll probably be more I think I’d rather wait than double dip.

Did you buy the "new version" from Sideshow, or the original version on eBay?
I just ordered one on ebay which has yet to arrive, I didn't know the version from Sideshow.com was now an updated one. Should I be regretting my purchase? I only have had Hot Toys before, is Sideshow really that bad?

Is the V2 really that much better to get instead of V1?

I just ordered one on ebay which has yet to arrive, I didn't know the version from Sideshow.com was now an updated one. Should I be regretting my purchase? I only have had Hot Toys before, is Sideshow really that bad?

Is the V2 really that much better to get instead of V1?

in my opinion, the SS version are not the best. They look and feel like Hasbro toys next to the Hot Toys versions

I just received my first sideshow figure, I managed to get it for 100 bucks because of rewards points. But my god I’m ready to return it already. I spent 20 minutes struggling trying to close the radar dish attatchment which got the blue panel jammed. It also scratched the paint on it. I’m really thinking of getting the hot toys instead even though it’s more expensive.

I guess it's back to my Sphero for now.

Is it worth getting the V1 release with some faulty lights and top panels that tend to get stuck for £80 deliivered? I know it’s not HT standard, but am tempted to get an R2 fairly cheaply to go with Yoda and DX07, and see if there’s a way to fix the lights. Besides, any self respecting SW collection needs the little tin can!

I was trying to figure out what to do with my Sideshow R2 now that I've got the HT, and then I remembered how ever since I was a kid I've been intrigued by that old promo image where he was half-unpainted and had some parts missing for some reason. So I thought that might be a fun look to have. :D

I probably could have taken it a lot further, but didn't feel like turning it into a huge project.

20191211_182010 (2).jpg

20191211_182225 (2).jpg

r2d2.jpg

I have one of these that I’d be willing to part with for a very good price.

Has ANYONE heard anything from sideshow about this little guy yet? Still no word and every time I talk to a rep they say they haven’t gotten him in yet

I realise this is an old post but I only just got this in today, i'm a new guy to 1/6 scale, and have 8 figures a mix of sideshow with custom parts a hot toys finn, and custom figures
I'm pleased with the R2, love the light up feature, I got the deluxe version as a birthday gift, my wife found it on ebay, I like all the extras but for me a plain R2 with With the table is what i'll use
QJ1h9PSl.jpg

Back