Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

suicide-o.gif

PWTCckH.gif

Beautiful dio piece Solo. :rock
Thanks, Vintj. I finished with a sand base and extended the floor, but my wife asked me to put it in the man-cave as it was too large. Oh well..

That's come up pretty sweet, nice one :clap
Thanks, Lejuan!

FYI, there are four seams on the Action Alarm and the silver paint is pretty flat, but the blue has metallic specs. So the SS actually has more of a surface bump than the AA, but of course the SS blows it away as far as accuracy and correct porportion...as we all know, but I'm just struggling on this decision...although i know I will probably pull the trigger once I find a way to convince myself it will look dramatically different.

I didn't know there was another R2 clock, but I'd think the enhanced detail would give the edge to Sideshow.

Definitely. I think my point is that SS should be no where near comparable to an action alarm clock, priced at $80.00.

I hear you flosi. every body was complaining about when will we get an r2 and we get one and they still not happy:dunno

True, but I believe many stated that they wanted a Tamashi R2, or one that was proper scale. That aside, people can definitely live with plastic, sizing slightly off and what not, but why couldn't they do the same paint app and eliminate the seam as they did with the PF?

THAT'S an R-2. But yes, most people will probably get it...doesn't mean SS shouldn't listen to the issues that people have as they could be major improvements.

yeah but I don't think we are going to be getting one from tamashi so they might as well forget about it. and what`s this seam they keep complaining about

yeah but I don't think we are going to be getting one from tamashi so they might as well forget about it. and what`s this seam they keep complaining about

Here's an image. I just measured my Action Alarm, it's 6.75 inches reclined. So the SS will be the same size, or a tad smaller, but more accurate and slightly more detailed.

Here's an image. I just measured my Action Alarm, it's 6.75 inches reclined. So the SS will be the same size, or a tad smaller, but more accurate and slightly more detailed.

does it really matter about the seam I would be just happy to get one as close to the prop as it could be. I mean we will never get a prop replica in a small scale like 1/6 because of the size of scale

does it really matter about the seam I would be just happy to get one as close to the prop as it could be. I mean we will never get a prop replica in a small scale like 1/6 because of the size of scale

Well, it certainly would be better without one, and with a better paint app, or made of some type of metal. But...that being said...i'm trying to get over it and probably will. The thing that was mostly bothering me was that it looked identical to the action alarm clock, at first. It certainly is the same height as the action alarm, which is too small....but, the action alarm clock has large wheels, which elevates it. So I am going to assume this body is bigger since it's wheel bases are smaller that the Action Alarm.

I will probably pull the trigger this week.

why go through the trouble of making a 3po when the tamashi one came out.
Scale and they know people will buy it, particularly if it has a dirty, greasy paint app. So......it's because money and because they are probably getting proud of their own work, as they should be.

Back