Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh?

02.jpg

o0533080012931297394.jpg

And the Taito seam isn't an issue for you?

IMG_3576.jpg

Well, yeah, the Taito seam is an issue for me, but I already have two R2's with seams, but at least the Taito is the correct size. The action alarm clock, which I was referring to with the paint app, is a different clock and has a different paint job.

I just don't understand why Sideshow's R2 has a bumpy surface, it should be smooth as they had in the premium format figure, or as Medicom painted it. Medicom did have a pretty good dome paint app.

Gotcha. I was looking for something horizontal.

This is a pretty cool picture, and this has got to get people pumped. Loving the weathering app...incredibly well done. I don't see why they can't do this on the final, as they did with the premium, but again, look at the speckles on the blue and sliver paint on the dome.....sort of lame, IMHO. The blue is more reflective and the silver isn't speckled, SOOOO CLOSE.

Well, yeah, the Taito seam is an issue for me, but I already have two R2's with seams, but at least the Taito is the correct size. The action alarm clock, which I was referring to with the paint app, is a different clock and has a different paint job.

I didn't know there was another R2 clock, but I'd think the enhanced detail would give the edge to Sideshow.

Solo_bones said:
I just don't understand why Sideshow's R2 has a bumpy surface, it should be smooth as they had in the premium format figure, or as Medicom painted it. Medicom did have a pretty good dome paint app.

:dunno

Ok, I somehow dont get it. Maybe its because english is a foreign language for me but can someone please explain to me how to get a fully loaded R2D2? If I understand it right you can buy R2D2 at SSC if you want all the extras such as the arms and serving glasses you keed to buy the accesoire-package? Is this correct? If so, where is the set available? I cannot find anything on SSC. Any help and maybe even direct links would be highly appreciated. Thanks fellow Freaks! :hi5:

Ok, I somehow dont get it. Maybe its because english is a foreign language for me but can someone please explain to me how to get a fully loaded R2D2? If I understand it right you can buy R2D2 at SSC if you want all the extras such as the arms and serving glasses you keed to buy the accesoire-package? Is this correct? If so, where is the set available? I cannot find anything on SSC. Any help and maybe even direct links would be highly appreciated. Thanks fellow Freaks! :hi5:

The Exclusive available through SSC has three extra tools included: utility circular saw arm, laser welding arm and spacecraft linkage arm.

The Regular version has everything else you see in all the official pics, except those three accessories.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...home-slider-R2-D2_Sixth_Scale_Figure-20140504

It really should come with a spun aluminum dome - get rid of some of the "stay in the box forever" plastic extras, save on tooling costs and maintain (or increase) the margins at the same retail price. Then they'd also have the extra cents to spend on the little bit of plastic to make him bigger. ;)

Last edited:
Really you think it would be that cheap to make Al dome?

They didn't do spun aluminium on the PF so there was no way the 1/6th was going to get it.

They might feel a little burned after the band members collected dust. :lol

I think Sideshow did the best they could with the Cantina bands... first off, very well made figures. And while I didn't need more than one, if they hadn't released the whole band there would have been screams of protest.

This seam talk is silly. Every figure I own has a seam.

I have a seam...

It really should come with a spun aluminum dome - get rid of some of the "stay in the box forever" plastic extras, save on tooling costs and maintain (or increase) the margins at the same retail price. Then they'd also have the extra cents to spend on the little bitt of plastic to make him bigger. ;)
Well said - especially since three of those pieces are exclusives. :duff

You cancel a lot of stuff, you sure are picky.
He was joking dude. :lol

I think Sideshow did the best they could with the Cantina bands... first off, very well made figures. And while I didn't need more than one, if they hadn't released the whole band there would have been screams of protest.
I'm not saying they were bad figures at all - on the contrary, I think they're fine. :)

My point was, that they weren't exactly hot sellers - globally.

Back