Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the truth is in the middle. $180 seems too low. $250 seems too high. I think it'll be around $210.

Sideshow only had to read the last years worth of posts in the Tamashii thread to know that they already had us by the balls on R2. :lecture

I think the truth is in the middle. $180 seems too low. $250 seems too high. I think it'll be around $210.

I Hate to agree.. but the electronics DO make that a possibility.

Sideshow only had to read the last years worth of posts in the Tamashii thread to know that they already had us by the balls on R2. :lecture

another reason Not to like that one :lol

Like most here I would guess $209.99 to $219.99

Sideshow was probably going to price it at $199.99 until they saw what we're all willing to pay here.

My thoughts exactly! Some of these guys might have priced me right out of this one.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Electronics in this kind of product are ultra simple and their cost is completely negligible compared to the labor costs of painting and gluing, let alone the development costs of making molds for all the unique plastic parts. It'll be interesting to see if they announce pricing next week, at least it will put the speculation to rest. ;)

Sideshow has to balance their desire for profit margin with customer desire to spend as little as possible (most people). There's no sense in making a huge margin if you're only going to be able to sell a small number because of it. IMO, I don't think the balance is there at $250. Too many people will balk at that price. They may price it there or higher, but I believe they'd make much more money going forward by pricing it under $200.

Honestly, I don't care how many little arms he comes with, to me, in terms of value proposition, this size figure should be maxing out under $150 (clone prices). Fingers crossed. I do realize that army-builder type figures should generally be the lowest priced of all to encourage buying multiples. ;)

Last edited:

Indeed.
They'll sell this at whatever pricepoint they feel they can get away with. Not necessarily what they think it costs.
They know R2 is very popular and long overdue.

No matter what the cost is. This will be sold out. So I will surely grab it. Better to have one then nothing.

... this size figure should be maxing out under $150 (clone prices).

Be wonderful if this comes true, but I honestly can't imagine this figure -- core figure/must-have for any Star Wars collection -- coming in under $150.

Maybe C-3PO is yet to be announced and they'll sell the TWO-PACK for $279.99.

I will be happy if they don't make us buy that shiny annoying droid with him like they did with the PF

Back