Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s funny. Maybe, just maybe they are thinking a little further ahead. If you wanna build a franchise for the future it might not be very smart to build it up on a 40+ audience and cast only old actors for the leads.
And you can’t really claim that the sequels haven’t been a major success when it comes to ticket sales.
Yes, it’s clear that action figures aren’t what they used to be and that kids don’t buy $250 dolls, but hey, I think they know that and therefor I don’t think that the sales of Hot Toys is Disney’s prime headache.

They could have done it in a manner that stayed true to the OT, avoided all the controversy, told a coherent story, and also introduced new characters. It didn't need to be one or the other. Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson have done an insane amount of damage to the franchise.

They could have done it in a manner that stayed true to the OT, avoided all the controversy, told a coherent story, and also introduced new characters. It didn't need to be one or the other. Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson have done an insane amount of damage to the franchise.

I’m glad they didn’t.

Feels like Sideshow abandoned this figure. Too bad as I was looking forward to it. I'll be surprised if it goes up at this point.

Yeah kinda seems that way. They probably felt there just wouldn't be enough interest, or that it would get overshadowed by the upcoming HT Lando.

Which is too bad. It certainly wasn't a must have figure for me, but it still would have been a fun alternate look to have.

As someone who would also be interested in this, I have a question for any of you Marketing or Public Relations freaks....what is the purpose of the lack of communication from these companies? I honestly don't understand. If you're out of SW 1/6, just say you're out. No harm, no foul. If you're in, admit you're in and give updates. To be completely silent and just allow the speculation doesn't seem like a good business practice, particularly as it inevitably gets more negative over the course of time. Is there a legitimate reason for the mystery?

I don’t think they’re out. Rumor has it because Anovos is screwing people over with years of delays and lack of product, Disney is requiring companies to waive NRD for any products especially due to delays. Obviously SS asks for NRD’s for everything which is why Anovos is saying they aren’t offering refunds at all so people are aware of what they’re getting themselves into. We’ll see what happens in month of SS has no new Disney products at SDCC.

Who would have thought there would be a day that a freaking Spiderman (i still Tobey Spidey btw) overshadowed STARWARS.

** abomination Sequel started this turmoil.

The sad part is that I am now starting to resent the influx of Marvel stuff.

I love the MCU and enjoy looking at the upcoming items, but I don't collect the figures.
I have always been about the Star Wars universe.

I still cannot fathom how we get 2 or 3 figures and Marvel get 20+.

Surely Baze or the DST could have been released. They are 2 of the most requested and as yet, unpreorderable figures.

The Death Star trooper would sell. Troopers sell and many of us lunatics would buy more than one.

As someone who would also be interested in this, I have a question for any of you Marketing or Public Relations freaks....what is the purpose of the lack of communication from these companies? I honestly don't understand. If you're out of SW 1/6, just say you're out. No harm, no foul. If you're in, admit you're in and give updates. To be completely silent and just allow the speculation doesn't seem like a good business practice, particularly as it inevitably gets more negative over the course of time. Is there a legitimate reason for the mystery?

Companies culture these relationships with customers/fans and put out a lot of material in the "we're fans too" and "we love SW" department, but my guess is the truth behind the scenes is a lot more cynical, cut-throat and dollar-focused than that. So you think you know these companies and they're fans too, but that's a false perception. When the wheels start wobbling in terms of a line not being profitable, they just stop posting and walk away.

The Sideshow question is an interesting one - the firing of Susan, the huge jumps in prices, the noticeable (to me at least) deterioration in SSC's CS and drop in the number of 1/6 SW releases signals that something is up. You'd think a Lando Skiff would be a no-brainer to release close to the Jabba, but nothing.

I guess we'll never really know also about what the SSC vs HT dynamic was - how two Snowtrooper commanders would show up, and two Luke Jedis back to back. Those were signs there was less cooperation than you'd assume between two companies that have a distribution relationship.

Was Susan fired for sure?

Yep she posted on her twitter too.

Thing is there is always 2 sides to a story, we really don't know what happened. Think about it, people don't get fired for nothing right? Breach of contract maybe? Who knows but something happened to get here.

As far as SS goes as a company, I've mentioned before, they are becoming more of a distributor to 3rd party companies, rather than distributing there own product.
The skiff is still on there coming soon page, so I guess thats there forum to communicate with whats coming. Can they do a better job on there various social avenues? Absolutely, but thats for them to decide to do. At the end of the day, customers make or break a business. We decide with our wallets. Companies that understand that will thrive in this new world.

Companies culture these relationships with customers/fans and put out a lot of material in the "we're fans too" and "we love SW" department, but my guess is the truth behind the scenes is a lot more cynical, cut-throat and dollar-focused than that. So you think you know these companies and they're fans too, but that's a false perception. When the wheels start wobbling in terms of a line not being profitable, they just stop posting and walk away.

The Sideshow question is an interesting one - the firing of Susan, the huge jumps in prices, the noticeable (to me at least) deterioration in SSC's CS and drop in the number of 1/6 SW releases signals that something is up. You'd think a Lando Skiff would be a no-brainer to release close to the Jabba, but nothing.

I guess we'll never really know also about what the SSC vs HT dynamic was - how two Snowtrooper commanders would show up, and two Luke Jedis back to back. Those were signs there was less cooperation than you'd assume between two companies that have a distribution relationship.

Good post, probably 100% true. I'm wondering what happens When hot toys decides to start boating their own stuff over.

Yep she posted on her twitter too.

Thing is there is always 2 sides to a story, we really don't know what happened. Think about it, people don't get fired for nothing right? Breach of contract maybe? Who knows but something happened to get here.

As far as SS goes as a company, I've mentioned before, they are becoming more of a distributor to 3rd party companies, rather than distributing there own product.
The skiff is still on there coming soon page, so I guess thats there forum to communicate with whats coming. Can they do a better job on there various social avenues? Absolutely, but thats for them to decide to do. At the end of the day, customers make or break a business. We decide with our wallets. Companies that understand that will thrive in this new world.

When it comes to 1/6 maybe, but they still seem to be going strong with their statues, which I think has always been their main priority anyway. If they've been pulling back recently on releasing figures, I think it's only because they recognize they can't compete with HT and others in terms of quality.

When it comes to 1/6 maybe, but they still seem to be going strong with their statues, which I think has always been their main priority anyway. If they've been pulling back recently on releasing figures, I think it's only because they recognize they can't compete with HT and others in terms of quality.

Yes, and lets hope they keep making 1/6 “statues” like Jabba.

Sideshow Online comic con starts next week. Maybe a surprise lando preorder so we can get it by 2027?

When Kennedy admitted there was no plan for (what was) the biggest franchise in history , the state we are currently in all became clear.

This is exactly why I'll be glad when this trilogy is over and we can focus on decent stuff like the Mandalorian, Cassian, Obi Wan and Old Republic movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Wor Gar. They are all waiting for the Billy Dee mini hype wave. Bespin Lando is confirmed. Probably see him at SDCC. Also Skiff Lando at SDCC too I'd say followed by preorder.

I'm patiently waiting. I'd like Star Wars figures now. But imagine your HT looking at this year. Marvel clearly owns the front half and Star Wars the back half.

Core fans like us will buy any time but for HT they need additional sales from casual buyers new to HT who may just become addicted like us [emoji23]. Therefore they'll release more Star Wars stuff when the Disney marketing is in full swing and people are all nostalgic that the Star Wars saga is coming to an end. And the Mandalorian is firing on all cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back