Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checking in to see if there was any news.

Guess not.

C'mon Sideshow, this is ridiculous.

I believe they are still subletting the licence from Hasbro so, it's running for another year and a half.

Back in 2004, Sideshow allegedly stroke a deal with Hasbro to use their Star Wars licence right and produce 1/6 figures. If that's indeed the terms under which they are making Star Wars 1/6 figures, their Licence agreement will end in 2020 when Hasbro's own deal end.

Not quite sure if it's still the case though. They may have gotten their own Licence when Disney bought Lucasfilm back in 2012. Also, as they have since produced items across multiple scales and formats.

Back in 2004, Sideshow allegedly stroke a deal with Hasbro to use their Star Wars licence right and produce 1/6 figures. If that's indeed the terms under which they are making Star Wars 1/6 figures, their Licence agreement will end in 2020 when Hasbro's own deal end.

Not quite sure if it's still the case though. They may have gotten their own Licence when Disney bought Lucasfilm back in 2012. Also, as they have since produced items across multiple scales and formats.

OK fair enough. I really thought SS was getting out of 1/6. No doubt they don't have the same people there as back in the day when they were doing more of the aliens etc.

Seems to be more statues etc. these days. And cashing in "easy money" on being the distributor for Hot Toys.

I still get the feeling the 1/6 figures we are seeing are perhaps ones which had been developed a while ago. But who knows ?

As someone mentioned it is the perfect opportunity for them to re-visit the OT aliens around Jabba. Perhaps they will wow everyone at SDCC this year. And also put Lando up at that point and get people wow'd with all the other proto aliens ? They'd also get more Jabba sales that way too.

That's what I'd be aiming to do if I was Sideshow. But I guess we'll see.

With only a couple releases on the 1/6 front in the last 12 months, Sideshow are acting like they are already done with this line anyway.

With only a couple releases on the 1/6 front in the last 12 months, Sideshow are acting like they are already done with this line anyway.

Yeah that's what I mean. Getting out those last few developed figures perhaps ?

Anyway we'll be either surprised or not at SDCC then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet we'll get at least a late stage prototype of Lando with relvealed HS but i'm not holding my breath for anything else Star Wars at that scale.

It takes almost a year for a figure to even be ready for production

I'm trying to remember what sort of timeframe SS has between pre-orders and production. I think we're all used to the 12 + months Hot Toys has. Even so, to have it revealed with Jabba last year with no pre-orders yet is what is making a lot of collectors (me included) worried that it won't even get produced. Which is a shame, because it looked pretty good from the SDCC pics and videos last year.

Almost a full year since first revealed with no preorder in the horizon.....nice!!! In my younger days I thought what was revealed at SDCC was products that would be in our hand that calendar year. As a adult I know what you see is not what you get!!

Back