Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Several lately.

3748023.gif

I get that cowboy vibe from Jango Fett as well, so I went with a 'prepared to draw' pose. It also has the added benefit of hiding the undersized blaster pistols. I wanted to do more of an action pose with him, but the constant shin plates falling off, and the fact that his knee guards only face perfectly forward dissuaded me from the idea.

Attachments

• IMAG4133_1.jpg
    IMAG4133_1.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 190
Hot Toys ain't perfect either. They've made some stinkers too.
I don't think that Hot Toys are perfect either but I don't think in general their figures are plagued by as many issues as Sideshow figures. I think Sideshow has a problem of setting big expectations with their prototypes and not living up to those expectations with the final product.

I have to agree, I'm really disappointed with this figure. I had to MOD the hell out of this thing. I also dyed the suit; it's not perfect but it looks better, to me anyways.

Strange that Jango's blasters are the second SSC weapon in a row that's about 20% undersized after the Biker Scout's super-teeny pistol.

You have to wonder if it was a scaling error if they digitally sculpted it.

You have to wonder if it was a scaling error if they digitally sculpted it.

Doesn't seem like they spend too much time on getting everything in scale. Helmets, hands, weapons all seem to be "random scale" without accurately working out the shrinkage percentage during the casting phase. As long as its close it seems acceptable to Sideshow.

I get that cowboy vibe from Jango Fett as well, so I went with a 'prepared to draw' pose. It also has the added benefit of hiding the undersized blaster pistols. I wanted to do more of an action pose with him, but the constant shin plates falling off, and the fact that his knee guards only face perfectly forward dissuaded me from the idea.

Try substituting the blasters with the Hasbro ones. At least they will be more to scale than those puny pee shooters.

Post pics please

My chest armor was misaligned, so I removed the clear backing and re-positioned the armor. Increased the neck peg, dyed the suit and glued the shin guards. Two of my hoses broke had to fix them and both knee guards also broke contacted SS and got new ones.

100_3226.JPG
100_3230.JPG

Wow! Looks so much better! What color did you use to dye the jumpsuit?

My chest armor was misaligned, so I removed the clear backing and re-positioned the armor. Increased the neck peg, dyed the suit and glued the shin guards. Two of my hoses broke had to fix them and both knee guards also broke contacted SS and got new ones.

Christ -- that's too much to have to do for a $200 figure.

Yours looks great though. Now.

Back