Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is a joke with those Mr Potato Head pieces. $800 and the paint job will NEVER look like that.

That price is just ridiculous.

If Sideshow ever follows through on their threat to make Luke's Landspeeder I would hate to see the price tag. Probably over 3k :lol

anyone looking to keep their old jabba but need a more accurate re-paint im offering repaints for $50 plus shipping back and forth which shouldn't be more than $20. I will highlight areas you specify and make him as dark or light as you'd like , before sending your jabba back I will send you pics so you can suggest pr make any revisions before hes mailed back to you, I can do about 4 a week. ive done 6 jabbas and 2 thrones with great success including my own which i chose to go with a more dark/blue green with hints of red and purple almost like a bruising look around the belly and red around the eyes and mouth. I can also include drool which i use a clear enamel coating so it picks up nicely in the light but does not "jump" out at you. PM for further details.

I hope HT at least tries aliens to see how sales actually are.

Maybe they've been waiting for prices to get high enough to justify a small but ample edition.

I haven't posted here in quite a long time because I've mostly stopped collecting high-end Sideshow and HT stuff (combination of decreasing interest and increasing prices). But I am a Jabba super-fan and will basically buy anything related to Jabba. So of course I'm picking this up, but even leaving that aside I think it's a pretty strong release.

First of all, while the original Sideshow Jabba and throne did cost $320 (+$32.99 for the Salacious Crumb creature pack, since he's included in the new version), that was 11 years ago, when Sideshow figures were $50 or $60 apiece. I personally feel that ~$250 or so is way too much to pay for most figures, and that's what priced me out of the hobby. But if you're still a collector at that price range, getting a gigantic Jabba figure, plus a gigantic throne and accessories, plus an articulated Salacious Crumb figure for the price of 3 regular figures actually seems somewhat reasonable. The new set actually compares very favorably to the original one if you think of it that way, since the original would have been the equivalent of 7 or 8 normal figures. And of course for someone who doesn't have a Jabba already, getting the new set seems like a much better deal than spending a similar amount of money to track down the original set on the secondary market.

While it remains to be seen how well they will pull it off in the production piece, I love the interchangeable face pieces and arms -- that's something that we've never had in a Jabba figure before and really opens up the possibilities for posing. I mean, they included sleeping eyes. Sleeping eyes!

EDIT: Do you guys really think a HT Jabba is likely? As a Jabba fan, it's hard to believe there could be so much high-end merchandise coming all at once, but it's certainly welcome. I would love to see what they could do with him. Undoubtedly the sculpt would be more accurate (although I think the Sideshow one is very well done, it does seem a bit off in some ways). And I think it's possible they would go with something like a soft vinyl skin rather than hard plastic interchangeable parts.

I know people are on the whole “HT is bound to do it” bandwagon, but it’s really hard to say whether HT will venture into creatures or not. It also begs the question, in typical HT fashion, would we get a Solo or A New Hope or Phantom Menace Jabba before Jedi? I know most wouldn’t want those, but I’d like a 1/6 Jabba based on Phantom Menace, I know Disney sold a decent latex one, but that’s nowhere near this caliber.

I will have to wait for production pics before dropping that amount of money on a Sideshow product. I don't have much faith in their paint app.

Look at those giant NECA 90’s movie style Ninja Turtles figures. Beautiful sculpt and paint. They’re like $100.

If they can pull that off, why is Sideshow’s Jabba $800?

Sideshow did produce more Jabba's than the throne. The regular Jabba was 4000, then there was also the "inclusive edition", the exclusive version that came with an extra "Ornate Toasting Cup" (which I own) . I'm sure there were more than only 200 of the Inclusive Edition with the cup, so there are more Jabba's than the 4200 thrones.

Here's the listing for the inclusive, as you can see no production number like the regular.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=21461 (take off the one at the end to see the regular edition of 4000)

Also just as an FYI, if you ever want to know if there is a SS Ex of something simply add a 1 to the end of the product number/sku, and for the opposite subtract the 1 at the end.

They never gave their Inclusive Editions a number. They were basically the Exclusive version. Never quite understood why they called it Inclusive rather than an Exclusive. The only three I can recall were Jabba & Darth Maul & Sith probe droids (they came with a sand topper for the base, Maul came with broken saber just like the newer Exclusive).

Damn, that's really cool. Never knew that trick. Wish I could rep you...

I know people are on the whole “HT is bound to do it” bandwagon, but it’s really hard to say whether HT will venture into creatures or not. It also begs the question, in typical HT fashion, would we get a Solo or A New Hope or Phantom Menace Jabba before Jedi? I know most wouldn’t want those, but I’d like a 1/6 Jabba based on Phantom Menace, I know Disney sold a decent latex one, but that’s nowhere near this caliber.

If Jabba has a meaty cameo in the Solo movie, HT will do a Jabba - same goes for Greedo. If they are brief glimpses (like a quick joke) they probably won't.

Someone else is about to release something similar

That’s why SS released this PO all of a sudden and wants you to buy it right the hell now, like they said in the video.

These things are coming in two’s these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone else is about to release something similar

That’s why SS released this PO all of a sudden and wants you to buy it right the hell now, like they said in the video.

These things are coming in two’s these days.

That did occur to me as well. Seemed kind of like they wanted to get the jump on HT, if that's the case. I still can't get my head around the possibility of two 1/6 scale Jabba sets on the market at once (and both sold by Sideshow, right?). Seems like there might not be enough demand for that, especially since there are already thousands of the old set floating around. But I'm not complaining!

Nowadays everything is scheduled out 15 months and Sideshow wants to ship Jabba in less than 6. Don't lose those NRDs folks!

Back