Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but they never gave production numbers. Up until recently when they just changed everything to a "limited edition" (meaning they could produce as many as orders warranted) and stopped giving edition numbers, every Sideshow product had a number except for these few Inclusive Editions. So there's no way to know how many are actually out there...

Yeah, it was essentially an open edition for a limited time without production numbers. I guess I was trying to explain why they called them inclusive, because it gave everybody a chance to get the special version rather than excluding people that couldn't get a sale through on the exclusive edition sales.

I forgot about the "inclusive" edition. That's the one I got too. [emoji3]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was essentially an open edition for a limited time without production numbers. I guess I was trying to explain why they called them inclusive, because it gave everybody a chance to get the special version rather than excluding people that couldn't get a sale through on the exclusive edition sales.

Yeah, the good ol days... You had to be ready and waiting in front of your computer at the proper time to fight for an item if you wanted the Ex. Product was way cheaper (and yes so was the quality of 1/6 figures but all we had to compare with at the time was the cheap Hasbro stuff, and ridiculously over priced and undersized Medicom), and it was fun/exciting waiting for a specific time when the ex version would go up for sale. Then the rush to order it and excitement when you were successful. I think I only ever missed out on 1 exclusive because I forgot.. It was sold out in less than an hour.. The original SS Vader with the extra force choke hand. I was so mad, especially since he is my favorite character I collect!! :(

:lol Collecting just isn't as fun anymore. Just like the "thrill of the hunt" with action figures going from store to store. The internet ruined that, yet did make it easier to get what you want, although at a premium in many cases.

I forgot about the "inclusive" edition. That's the one I got too. [emoji3]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I believe Darth Maul and Jabba were the only inclusive editions, it was a very short lived concept.

I’ll never forget getting my Jabba, as a kid, when i was sick and home from school, Kenner Jabba was my usual toy to have with me the whole time, and just after getting my Sideshow Jabba I came down with stomach flu and once again Jabba was with me through illness.

Sweet Jeebus a $180 UPS shipping quote from AE and they’re not that far from me.

Yikes!!!

I'm getting a "Snowspeeder Luke" vibe from this - a really expensive offering that ends up with an extremely small edition size making it a very elitist release and a monster on the aftermarket.

Yep, I concur.

I also don't believe Sideshow ever met their posted "edition sizes" back in the day. A few maybe, but very few. They ditched the edition size thing way too fast and started jacking prices after the first two figures -- so it couldn't have been a perfect model.

I’ll never forget getting my Jabba, as a kid, when i was sick and home from school, Kenner Jabba was my usual toy to have with me the whole time, and just after getting my Sideshow Jabba I came down with stomach flu and once again Jabba was with me through illness.

And I'm certain if you get this Jabba, the price will make you sick -- so you'll be three-for-three. :D

Original Jabba is still surprisingly good.
I searched the old Jabba thread to remember exactly how much he cost: £48 including delivery on Ebay, because nobody else bothered to bid.

I never saw the throne anywhere near that cheap though.

Yeah I still have the receipt from mine:
TFAW said:
Your final in-stock purchases:
Quantity Item Available Price
Star Wars Scum and Villainy - Jabba the Hutt
$57.99
Subtotal: $57.99
Shipping: $13.47
Total: $71.46

I'm not spending $800 on a slightly better version. That throne would seem easy to reproduce ourselves, all someone would need to do is produce a 3D print model or a recast of the armrest and gargoyles of the original SSC throne. :monkey3

The base, rugs and pillows would be easy to make at home.

I will have a Jabba in the next couple years. Either original or this. They both seem to be in the same ballpark as price goes now. Always wanted one as well as the Dewback.

Hold for HT.

I'm certain he will be their SDCC 2019 surprise... and usher in HT's "alien era".

HT Alien Era sounds like an awesome idea to me ! When you think about how good they can do human head sculpts, imagine how good the aliens would look.

Hope they do a decent Greedo and Tusken Raider at some point.

Hold for HT.

I'm certain he will be their SDCC 2019 surprise... and usher in HT's "alien era".

Sounds like something I can wait for considering the plan is getting a bigger place within the next year, year and a half. Jabba a bit too large for my place right now.
Would love to see HT take on all them aliens.

I'm getting a "Snowspeeder Luke" vibe from this - a really expensive offering that ends up with an extremely small edition size making it a very elitist release and a monster on the aftermarket. If that's the case, it sure takes the fun out of it, especially when the final offering has a much different quality than the much-ballyhooed prototype. Don't get me wrong-I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the Snowspeeder Luke when it was available (I have every other Sideshow Hoth-inspired release), but that gasp-inducing price held me back until it was quickly "unavailable" upon release, and no real availability as an "in-stock" item. I see that happening here with this Jabba. The Luke figure looked good in what few "in-hand" shots are floating around, but not like the promise of the proto inferred by that price. Bet Jabba ends up the same.

It's an interesting question. Though it varies widely (you can still find them for lower and also certain sales that seem way-high) Luke Snowspeeder went from $270 up to $350/400 on eBay, the Taun went from $350 up to maybe $650 and Yoda's hut went from $275 up to maybe $600 (mostly because of the HT YOda I'm guessing,) but would a Sideshow item that starts at $800 really go up to $1200-1500?

It probably depends on whether HT does a Jabba, ie. something that overshadows this in quality.

Just watched the video. Couldn't take my eyes off of that tail seam. Ouch.

Yeah, my guess is that they planned to do a swap-out tail but ended up ditching the idea. It does happen - the Sideshow Biker Scout was supposed to have a flip-up visor (presumably with a head/face underneath) but they ditched it and just glued the finished articulated visor in place.

While going with the straight tail is a bit of a strange choice (it's mostly curled, especially in the iconic moments involving Luke and Leia,) I seem to remember that in all the earlier scenes - 3PO/R2's entry/Oola etc - it is indeed straight.

Hold for HT.

It's a nice fantasy idea but I have a sneaking suspicion we will never see HT versions of most of the iconic SW aliens. Stuff like Bib Fortuna and Ackbar I just can't see them ever doing.

We got a new movie every year (or six months) and a bunch of TV stuff brewing, though it is interesting they seemed to run the other way from TLJ.

I'd love to see a HT Greedo, but I can't see him being a huge seller beyond core fans priced at the inevitable $230, but if he gets a major buzz-worthy "Solo" cameo like Tarkin in RO (that generated a huge amount of press and fan discussion both from a creative and tech perspective,) I can see it happening. If he's like Walrusman in RO with a brief walk-on role then I don't think it'll happen - he'd have to be a supporting player.

While HT has done some truly unexpected niche "hardcore fan service" items like Power Droid, Snowie Commander and ROTJ stormie, they will likely never see light of day.

It's a nice fantasy idea but I have a sneaking suspicion we will never see HT versions of most of the iconic SW aliens. Stuff like Bib Fortuna and Ackbar I just can't see them ever doing.

We got a new movie every year (or six months) and a bunch of TV stuff brewing, though it is interesting they seemed to run the other way from TLJ.

I'd love to see a HT Greedo, but I can't see him being a huge seller beyond core fans priced at the inevitable $230, but if he gets a major buzz-worthy "Solo" cameo like Tarkin in RO (that generated a huge amount of press and fan discussion both from a creative and tech perspective,) I can see it happening. If he's like Walrusman in RO with a brief walk-on role then I don't think it'll happen - he'd have to be a supporting player.

While HT has done some truly unexpected niche "hardcore fan service" items like Power Droid, Snowie Commander and ROTJ stormie, they will likely never see light of day.

I think you’re right. I believe that HT’s edition sizes are much bigger than most SSC sixth scale figures are. I also believe that is why they are also equally priced, even though they don’t look like they should cost the same. The more you produce, the lower the cost per unit.
So I also believe that HT will mostly stick to characters that they expect will sell the most. Not like SSC that, due to low edition sizes, tend to also do the niche characters.

You guys are likely correct, but one can dream.

Save the Dream!

Make no mistake, HT doing some cantina and Jabba aliens would be Christmas morning all year round.:yess:

I just wonder how many people beyond the core fans would pay $230 for a Walrusman or Ackbar, and for some reason I imagine they wouldn't have much appeal in an Asia that is already a bit meh on SW.

I wonder how many Dengars and Zuckusses Sideshow sold at those prices, but they do rely on the "complete the BH set" idea, which is a pretty key difference (especially with a HT ESB Vader ready to go with them.) Figs like Ackbar and Greedo don't have that.

Sideshow really nails the non-human aliens, doesn't mean Hot Toys wouldn't do them better but aside from Alien and Predator they seem to pretty much stick to human likenesses. Most of my Star Wars collection is Hot Toys but it's definitely padded out with some Sideshow filler and I certainly don't regret the purchases. I'd be all over this Jabba if it wasn't for the price tag.

Make no mistake, HT doing some cantina and Jabba aliens would be Christmas morning all year round.:yess:

I just wonder how many people beyond the core fans would pay $230 for a Walrusman or Ackbar, and for some reason I imagine they wouldn't have much appeal in an Asia that is already a bit meh on SW.
There’s a select few that I’d shell out for. Greedo, Hammerhead, Walrus Man, a Tusken Raider, and Ackbar. Not a ton more I can think of. Even those I wouldn’t want to pay huge amounts for but I’d probably break down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a select few that I’d shell out for. Greedo, Hammerhead, Walrus Man, a Tusken Raider, and Ackbar. Not a ton more I can think of. Even those I wouldn’t want to pay huge amounts for but I’d probably break down.

I would buy Greedo and Ackbar in a heartbeat.

I wish Hot Toys could just tell us every character they plan on making so I’d know what to wait on.

Of those, I can only see HT doing Tusken and maybe Ackbar and Greedo (only if Greedo has a supporting role in "Solo.")

I'd love to see what they'd do with those characters, but I can't see them doing them in isolation - i.e. without something major behind them like what Tarkin was in RO.

HT did do more obscure SW pieces like the ROTJ stormie, Snowie Commander and Power Droid (despite the fact they'll likely never be produced for sale,) but those are iconic robot-looking troopers or a robot which I imagine might sell in Asia despite them not being huge SW fans over there.

Stuff like Greedo and Ackbar - that I imagine look kinda goofy if you have no connection to them - might be a harder sell if you don't know who they are.

This thing is a joke with those Mr Potato Head pieces. $800 and the paint job will NEVER look like that.

That price is just ridiculous.

Back