Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this release. I think it will make an amazing display..

Speaking of, the original is, so I’m sure this will rival. I was never able to expand as much as I’d like to around it, I have all the creatures from the two critter packs and Bib Fortuna, as well as a Hasbro Gamorrean Guard and Han in Carbonite. For me, it was about having the key characters that stood out from those scenes like Salacious Crumb, Bib Fortuna, Gamorrean Guard, Han in Carbonite and Boushh. Sadly, I had to sell Sideshow Boushh and the Han in Carbonite wall, the wall especially sucked to let go.

It looks better in the video than in the video than the pictures but I think the mouth seems look really off in the pictures. No way of knowing how bad it will look in production until its released. Still sticking with my original.

The video is really blurry though, and they never once zoom in. The live thing seems to make their videos turn to 2006 era cellphone video.

I think i may just wait for joost to make the throne, I feel its inevitable. All i need is jabba and crumb, which i think are big enough upgrades. The throne though...I'm just not feeling it.

Joost could probably make a perfect metal grate for the trap floor in front of the throne.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm happy with my albino pickle.....The biggest dealbreaker besides the price is the tail on the new one. From a distance I don't think the seams on the eyes and mouth are a problem. That stiff tail however....that bikini did it's job after all....

View attachment 398330

Looking at the video reveal again, am I crazy or is that a seam, or is it simply wishful thinking on my part that the tail may be posable to achive the curled look???

I asked about a bendable tail during the show and they answered with a definitive "No".

Although the seams look terrible it would nice if this was another "feature" where you could have a curled or straight tail option. That would probably put me into a pre-order to replace my original.

attachment.php

I'm happy with my albino pickle.....The biggest dealbreaker besides the price is the tail on the new one. From a distance I don't think the seams on the eyes and mouth are a problem. That stiff tail however....that bikini did it's job after all....

This is amazing! I've always wanted to do this for my setup.

I really don't know what are you doing here Dutchman. I would stare on this beautiful setup a whole day everyday :D

PSPRING20 EBay code 20% Off. Ends at 8p PST if anyone is wanting to try to grab the original Jabba. Price IS up there. Good for anything $100+
Edit: $25+

Unfortunately I am an impatient person so the way I see it HT’s has to at least preview their Jabba before in-hand pics come out. If the in-hand pics look good and the seams aren’t terribly noticeable I will get this. The proto looks really good minus the straight tail and seams but the size and overall coolness factor put it over the edge for me. Hopefully it doesn’t sell out and the production model lives up to the proto.

Btw Awesome display Dutchman!

Flying Dutchman that is the best Jabba setup I've ever seen. I remember you posting your project years ago on this forum. That's a thing of beauty!

View attachment 398330

Looking at the video reveal again, am I crazy or is that a seam, or is it simply wishful thinking on my part that the tail may be posable to achive the curled look???

This has to be a production model, it's probably not even made out of the PVC that the final product will be made of.
As an X-Plus Godzilla vinyl collector, I see this a lot on early versions. The seams are practically shouting at you. But the final versions look much better.
I'm really hoping that this will also be the case with those ventriloquist lines around Jabba's mouth.

So I was on the fence with this. Was really glad to see it when it popped up out of nowhere. Especially because, every now and then, I go on the hunt for the original.
As was said many times though, that price! But that video really sold it to me.
I have a preorder for the Prime 1 Studio Gamera 3 Vinyl from SS. I'm thinking about cancelling that and using the money for this instead.

Looks great, but I'm priced out. I'm mean, damn!!!!! It looks beyond fantastic. Guess Mr Titus really is a huge fan - that's at least 2 vids he's done!!!!!

This "tail won't curl" scenario reminds me of the "Jango Fett headsculpt with NON removable headgear" shenanigan.
(YOU HAD ONE JOB.)

Back