Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think a slight ball joint socket would have been a great way to get a little more range of movement in the arms. However with the whole thing being cast in resin, I can see why they did not do this (paint wear, etc.)

If Hot Toys were ever to make a Jabba, I could see alternate hands and articulated swivel wrists being easily hidden. I don't know how you could improve the dais, besides adding a light for the snack bowl. I do still wonder if they'll make him someday? Knowing Hot Toys, what would be even worse is them showcasing an amazing Jabba proto that never sees a release.

I'm hoping for a backdrop too! I still haven't found any quality pictures to work off of, not sure anyone else has had any luck.

Regarding the faux leather hide that was included, I did make a new one, using real top grain leather that I have a ton of scraps of. Here's a comparison.
View attachment 441763
View attachment 441764

I think it looks better. I could cut a larger leather piece similar to the first Jabba. PM me if you're interested.

Wow - you made that? Looks great!:clap

P1080388.jpg

Taking photos in my office is difficult due to poor lighting conditions, but this is what I have at the moment. I removed Leia as Boushh and the old Sideshow Jedi Luke since they are looking a bit dated and also ended up making things too crowded. I really need to change what I have in the background. I have a nice framed copy of Dave Dorman's "In the Court of Jabba the Hutt" that I could swap in, but it'll be a fair amount of work.

Just cut a 18x36 base to go on top of two detolfs for this guy and jedi luke but I'm having trouble tracking down a large enough plexiglass cover to go over them so I can add lighting and keep the dust out...wondering if anyone knows of anywhere online I could get something made for reasonable price..I thought of doing it myself but not sure it would turn out very good

Just cut a 18x36 base to go on top of two detolfs for this guy and jedi luke but I'm having trouble tracking down a large enough plexiglass cover to go over them so I can add lighting and keep the dust out...wondering if anyone knows of anywhere online I could get something made for reasonable price..I thought of doing it myself but not sure it would turn out very good

Be prepared. I’ve been searching for “reasonably priced” plexi-glass in larger sizes for awhile now. Custom sizes. So far, there hasn’t been any such creature; it’s all been a few hundred bucks per sheet.

View attachment 441829

Taking photos in my office is difficult due to poor lighting conditions, but this is what I have at the moment. I removed Leia as Boushh and the old Sideshow Jedi Luke since they are looking a bit dated and also ended up making things too crowded. I really need to change what I have in the background. I have a nice framed copy of Dave Dorman's "In the Court of Jabba the Hutt" that I could swap in, but it'll be a fair amount of work.

MAGIC set-up! So happy to see Leia fits so effortlessly. I was worried with the straight tail I might have had to pull some wizardry out my ass to make her fit :)

BTW: what 3PO is that??

View attachment 441829

Ha, don't know what you're talkin' about cause the lighting in your picture looks amazing. I purchased 3 of the brightest LED bulbs I could find at Lowe's for my office and it still looks like a dungeon.

I completely forgot how small that Hasbro Jawa is. Overall, it's still one of their best; along with Yoda and 3PO. It reminds me to with how disproportionately tiny Sideshow made their Jawa hands.

I do really like that Jabba print. Do you happen to have the Max Rebo band black light poster? It was one of the first posters I purchased back in the 90's. Still one of my top four favourite pictures.

MAGIC set-up! So happy to see Leia fits so effortlessly. I was worried with the straight tail I might have had to pull some wizardry out my ass to make her fit :)

BTW: what 3PO is that??

It's an old Hasbro 12" figure that I weathered. It works reasonable well, all things considered, but I think I'm ready to upgrade.

I do really like that Jabba print. Do you happen to have the Max Rebo band black light poster? It was one of the first posters I purchased back in the 90's. Still one of my top four favourite pictures.

I do have one somewhere around here, yes. I have so much artwork that I can't display that I have mostly stopped buying it.

I used to think they would but I don't think they will anymore. HT is staying away from anything huge these days. They would probably use some type of Hulk like rubber which is a potential nightmare with Jabba. Probably no switch out parts on a HT Jabba either.

I love the palace scenes in ROTJ but I could never pull the trigger on the old Jabba because it just looks dated. This new one is a pleasant surprise from Sideshow. They actually built it from the ground up instead of their now common re-release cash grab and made vast improvements over the original. Sometimes it's best to wait for the Hot Toys, but I don't think so in this case.
Well said. It's genuinely not something I ever see them tackling. And yeah, if they did, it'd probably be reminiscent of their Hulk figures, with no interchangeable parts. Some aspects might be better, but we wouldn't get the versatility of this new one.

It's far more likely they'd do the other 5 main bounty hunters..but I never see that happening. It's already been done well, plus they have to focus each year on dozens of new Disney Marvel figures alone.

I don't care who makes it (Sideshow would be the one for sure), but I'd really love to see the Max Rebo band finally get made. Sideshow hinted at this years ago. Plus, a 1/6 Amanaman would be a dream come true..but I can keep on dreamin' lol.

*Thinking on Max; I wonder if it would be two or four limbed. Since the the character in the film was actually playing the organ with their legs & feet. Now this is considered official canon, despite all the incarnations of them with arms and legs. I'd really prefer them with both sets, but wouldn't mind if it wasn't that way since you wouldn't be able to tell with them sitting in it.

I’ve already sent a request to Sideshow about revisits for Bib Fortuna and a Gamorrean Guard. I’ve also inquired about thepossibility of the band and Oola. Now would be the time for others to make requests for Palace characters, and hopefully they’ll fulfill some.

You're better off making it yourself, espeicaly since you've already cut a base and are handy. You can buy large sheets at Home Depot / Lowes and cut them to size with a table saw or circular saw (fine tooth blade). Buff out the edges (I use a dremel) so they're clean and glue with acrylic cement (you'll want to get the needle-tip applicator) keeping in place with corner clamps (the glue dries super fast so you have to work quickly). After you've done it once, you'll be able to make more of your own display pieces including steps and risers, which are expensive to buy in larger sizes, as well.

Aquarium supplier.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I have a 150 gallon aquarium with a cabinet base that my brother and his wife used to keep their tortoises in before they had to give them away when they had my neice; he sold it to me for my 2007 Jabba setup, but I have yet to get it in the house (it weights a ton!!), so I think I'll just end up selling it eventually. I think it would work quite well, except that it has to be loaded from the top, which might be a bit of a chore to do carefully.

So how many people other than icruise and genghisjon actually have this in hand?

I mean...

:postpics:

:lol

So how many people other than icruise and genghisjon actually have this in hand?

I mean...

:postpics:

:lol

I do but haven't had a chance to unbox him yet. Still working on the area where he is going. Hope to have it done by this weekend and then I'll post some pics.

Back