Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the Sideshow Tie Pilot body I had laying around (swapped the pilots body to something shorter).

I removed some of the chest area to slim him down and also shaved down the shoulders a bit. I used Bib's hands with the pilot's wrist pegs and had no problem.

The head needed a bit of hot glue, so it wasn't quite as loose on the neck. The boots fit after heating them and putting a little glue in the bottom. However you could use any simple black boots that fit the sideshow ball peg.

Out of the house, but when I get back I'll get a measurement of the base minus heads.

I think the sideshow would work better. Tamshii is way to clean for Jabba's palace. SS is nicely weathered for that.

You’re probably right there, but something about the head sculpt always seems a bit off on the SS to me — but most aren’t crazy enough to weather the Tama. I was expecting SS to have the hanging eyeball alternate head for their 3PO. But with electronics needed that probably wasn’t realistic.

Just added the arch I’ve had packed up and the creatures View attachment 441631View attachment 441632View attachment 441633

That looks fantastic. Is that the new Carbonite block? If so, how’d you mount it?

Last edited:
Just added the arch I’ve had packed up and the creatures View attachment 441631View attachment 441632View attachment 441633

That’s a good lookin display right there 👌🏽✨

I took sometime to update my Bib Fortuna to look a little better. Repainted the eyes, subtle paint wash to the face, body swap, water treated the robes and airbrushed them a darker shade. I think he looks a little more presentable now.
View attachment 441637

Nice posture/pose and outfit drape looks very natural. Nice job!

The weathering may not be accurate for Jabba's palace but the tamashii 3PO destroys the Sideshow. I would spend the extra or wait to see what HT does.

I have always felt there is something a bit off about the Sideshow 3PO, but I think the Tamashii Nations one is out of my budget. Plus I will have about $80 in reward points once the ones for Jabba go through. So I may end up going with the Sideshow version. I already have Sideshow's original R2.

I have always felt there is something a bit off about the Sideshow 3PO, but I think the Tamashii Nations one is out of my budget. Plus I will have about $80 in reward points once the ones for Jabba go through. So I may end up going with the Sideshow version. I already have Sideshow's original R2.

Yeah with the HT R2 incoming my Sideshow R2 is definitely getting his job description changed from hero to waiter/server.

Thanks for posting the review and great work on it!

The weathering may not be accurate for Jabba's palace but the tamashii 3PO destroys the Sideshow. I would spend the extra or wait to see what HT does.

Yeah I'd love to see what a Tama 3PO would look like next to this Jabba, and I'd be much more tempted to go that route than pay extra for a Bib figure myself. Although I would obviously need to weather him up a bit to match his ROTJ look.

Yeah with the HT R2 incoming my Sideshow R2 is definitely getting his job description changed from hero to waiter/server.

Thanks for posting the review and great work on it!

If I get Jabba does that mean I have to get the Sideshow R2 again?! I guess it could be one of their newer better painted ones. That was definitely one of my disappointments with the new HT R2 that was previewed. I tried the drink tray on the HT TFA R2 but it didn't look that great and one of the best parts couldn't be used (the dispenser part).

If I get Jabba does that mean I have to get the Sideshow R2 again?! I guess it could be one of their newer better painted ones. That was definitely one of my disappointments with the new HT R2 that was previewed. I tried the drink tray on the HT TFA R2 but it didn't look that great and one of the best parts couldn't be used (the dispenser part).

I don't think I ever even outfitted Sideshow R2 with the drink tray because I never planned on owning Jabba. Now I have to dig out the R2 accessories. The grimy overweathered look of the Sideshow R2 probably works best for Jabba's Palace anyway(I never got around to taking alcohol to him).

The question of what characters you need to go along with this Jabba is certainly an interesting one. I think Jaymig has done a terrific job. So far I have an extra Jawa and R2, but I am already hunting for some other stuff. Between searching for existing items and waiting for new products I expect my Jabba display will be a work in progress for years to come...:lol

I've only ever used the Sideshow R2 with the drink tray, personally. :D I think it looks quite good.

It does. Even when I had R2 with no other Jabba figures I often went for the drink tray setup. Really nice accessories. And I just watch your excellent review. Have to say that’s the first video review I’ve watched from start to finish. Excellent job.

I've only ever used the Sideshow R2 with the drink tray, personally. :D I think it looks quite good.

Yeah, I like it because it nicely hides the slightly too-small aspect to the SSC R2. And the tray/arm accessory itself is really nicely detailed and painted - its even articulated, which is so very cool. It's such a waste not to use it.

I have both and I do prefer the body on the SSC 3PO - it's really well done. The Tamashii overall is a stunningly good piece though and the headsculpt was nailed better than any 1/6 3PO so far.

The SSC headsculpt has real issues. I had actually planned to cast the Tama head (at least the front faceplate) and use that for my SSC 3PO but I've never had the cajones to put the molding putty on my Tama 3PO.:lol I did do some mods to the SSC 3PO face that made it look a bit better.

If I'm not mistaken, Jabba's dais in the palace and on the sail barge were different. The one on the barge was more pillow like. Artoo didn't appear with the drink dispensor until the barge, so technically you don't need the Sideshow figure if you're going for an environment-accurate display.

Back