Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was meant to be.

That's what I like to think.

Just think, if it wasn’t for s#$ty officiating you might have missed out, Wor.

I know, can you believe it? I'm so happy for my home team... but winning that game just cost me near $900. :lol

I got to see the best way to pay for this now... maybe I should check my bet and see if the Chiefs win for Jabba? Then it's a definitely "meant to be".

icruise's Jabba pic is definitely somewhat distorted, but this comparison shows that SSC Jabba's arms, and especially hands, are a bit oversized. While the overscale isn't quite as bad as this pair of pics makes out (icruise's pic is taken from fairly close with a wider angle lens, while the Jabba ref pic is taken from pretty far back with a longer lens) the SSC arms are definitely noticeably too big.

c4ROGsR.png

Not only that, but this shows how the head/face is not as wide as it should be, and the opening of the mouth comes to too much of a “peak” under his nose, the puppet was almost a flat line and barely curved.

Not only that, but this shows how the head/face is not as wide as it should be, and the opening of the mouth comes to too much of a “peak” under his nose, the puppet was almost a flat line and barely curved.

Yeah, but I'm not sure that's the best picture to use a reference. Jabba looks off in several ways there compared to what we saw in the film, or even other photos.

In any case, I still say that this is an idealized piece meant to evoke the "character" of Jabba more than to exactly replicate the original puppet. The arms are probably too big in reality, but I don't really mind since it looks so good as a whole.

It’s definitely a good looking Jabba from Jedi, I just enjoy discussing it, good and bad.

Jabba’s been one of my favorites since I was 4. If I could, I’d have many more collectibles of him, but I like my collection, I don’t go nuts with any one subject and have good representation in each niche.

9768D134-33F3-425A-B7E8-495ABCF7E644.jpeg

Last edited:
SS is definitely a bit caricature but that comparison pic of Jabba makes the real puppet look terrible. Better to just use icruise's sig.

Anyway, the HT version will address those problems. :D

My wallet hates you all

If I can sell my repainted V1 for a good price I’m buying this Hutt. Like tonight.

My wallet hates you all

If I can sell my repainted V1 for a good price I’m buying this Hutt. Like tonight.

I sold my han carb diorama today but still short. maybe income tax will help pay the rest. I`m waiting for it to be in stock then I will grab him. I would like to sell my original but don't want to ship that as the throne is heavy.

I sold my han carb diorama today but still short. maybe income tax will help pay the rest. I`m waiting for it to be in stock then I will grab him. I would like to sell my original but don't want to ship that as the throne is heavy.

OMG YES! V1 Han in Carbonite can go too! I bought the new version of that, forgot I didn’t sell the original off. The two should out me well over the cost of a new Hutt. Thanks for reminding me!

OMG YES! V1 Han in Carbonite can go too! I bought the new version of that, forgot I didn’t sell the original off. The two should out me well over the cost of a new Hutt. Thanks for reminding me!

im looking for a V1 han in carb, that is th eone on the wall not the one that floats sideways ... if thats corret, I figured the han on the wall slab might look nice next to the new jabba, is this not correct is there anything anyone can share between the two piece i dont own either one and was looking for the first one...any input appreciated and anyone looking to sell V1 han PM please. Thank you

Back