Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had the space and money it’d be sweet to have a Jabba. Hard to say how it looks up close when you can see where the Mr. Potato Head pieces fit in, but looks pretty damn good in that video.

Changing out the pieces (keeping them from getting damaged, but not in the box where’d they’d be work to dig out) seems like it’ll be a pain, probably set it up and be done with it, despite all their efforts.

I always felt that way about the Tauntaun, TonTon. ;)

Changing out the pieces (keeping them from getting damaged, but not in the box where’d they’d be work to dig out) seems like it’ll be a pain, probably set it up and be done with it, despite all their efforts.

That may well be the case but even if you pick a configuration and then just leave it permanently in "statue mode" it's still cool that your Jabba doesn't have to look exactly like everyone else's don't you think?

Last edited:
102 lbs???

That's heavy enough to be a murder weapon.

Remind me never to make you mad........(backs out of thread slowly......) lol

I cannot wait to see the first online vid review. But as the cost of this hobby has increased, I've had to become very selective. If If I could justify the cost of this guy, I'd have been all over it. But, I cant help but think Sideshow would have sold more of him had we been given some more Jabba Palace aliens over the years. (no clue how many of this they sold - maybe a lot and I'm off base here)

I've always felt, as other here too, that sideshow is at their best when they focus on aliens, armored characters....so I am sure that in-hand, this new Jabba will rock!!!

Sideshow: you wanna send me one: will gladly do an online review myself (ahem!!!)

Last edited:
i have the old jabba and im perfectly content with him ;) glad i never sold him because this newer price is ouchy. this whole damn hobby gets a little ouchier every year :chillpill:

i have the old jabba and im perfectly content with him ;) glad i never sold him because this newer price is ouchy. this whole damn hobby gets a little ouchier every year :chillpill:

Yeah, very much so. I mean $281.99 for a deluxe Jedi Luke is like 'Where'd my kidney go?' (oh yeah, sold it on ebay for some $$$$)

Last edited:
I agree with the majority here that the price is really the only thing keeping me from a quick press of the "Order" button.

I wouldn't need every character in the palace, either. Perhaps just Bib Fortuna added in. That display would be enough for me.

That drippy tongues mouth would’ve been fine if they didn’t put so many drool bits coming out... especially coming out perfectly spread out like that and almost the same length. Doesn’t look natural at all. Otherwise the whole figure looks damn good. Seams aren’t prominent as I thought they’d be on the production figure.

Holy cow, this thing is a beast. I’m going to have to build a whole new display cabinet to fit this monster. Looks great in that video; glad I POd this (missed the first one, and after-market prices for that one are even more insane than this one). Not sure why folks think Hot Toys is going to make this. With all the Marvel, DC, and upcoming Star Wars movies, I just don’t see them wasting their time, unless they make a Slave Leia and want to cash in.

That drippy tongues mouth would’ve been fine if they didn’t put so many drool bits coming out... especially coming out perfectly spread out like that and almost the same length. Doesn’t look natural at all. Otherwise the whole figure looks damn good. Seams aren’t prominent as I thought they’d be on the production figure.

Yeah, they over did it. Doesn’t look accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also wonder why the mighty Jabbas "pointing finger" is pointed off to the side where it is impossible for him to look?

It's like he's saying: Look at my fancy fishy bowl. Over there.

Holy crap, 800 bucks!?!?

For some reason I assumed it was $600 (which I thought would have been steep.)

But this comes with Jabba, the throne, and Salacious Crumb which were all separate releases back in 2007 right? What was the combined total 10 years back?

I think Jabba was $120, the throne was $200 and Salacious Crumb was $40.

So $360.

Doubled is $720, so not too far off from the $800 asking.

Trouble is there's no 'individual' option. I'd take this Jabba as a separate for $250 or so.

Really liked how Jabba turned as well. I have a pretty nice size of RP's @ SSC that I've been saving up over the years for something major. I was going to use it on the Hot Toys 66 Batmobile, but we see were that went, so I opted for the Blitzway Ghostbusters Ecto-1. After seeing the final production photos and the video I'm really reconsidering Jabba. I don't see him selling out anytime soon at this price point, which gives me time to decide. Hopefully we see some final production photos of the Ecto-1 soon.

Yep.

Actually, if you take the new normal for a basic figure of $235 today compared to the 2007 price of $80, you get 2.93

So Jabba's 2007 price of $360 (including throne and Crumb) would actually be $1,054.80 in today's dollars. So $800 is a bargain. :D

Well broke down and used my saved reward points and ordered Jabba. Now I have to try and get whatever I can for my original one with base.

Yep.

Actually, if you take the new normal for a basic figure of $235 today compared to the 2007 price of $80, you get 2.93

So Jabba's 2007 price of $360 (including throne and Crumb) would actually be $1,054.80 in today's dollars. So $800 is a bargain. :D

Thank you Wor-Gar, this math makes me feel better about spending $800 on a slug.

While it has flaws, as does the original Jabba, I have to say production turned out a lot better looking than I'd have expected. Would love to have this in addition to the original, but $80 would be tight for me, let alone $800.

Back