1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one where he's in the old folks home and a crazy homeless Willy shows up to bust him out and they go on a quest, the first artifact is finding his original reading glasses, the ones that worked really well (seen in ROTLA.) There's this frail German guy in the ICU at the home that turns out to be the bad guy, but he's incontinent so he can't chase them for long. Shorty has a cameo to say his trademark "no time for love" line (just as Indy and Willy are getting intimate,) but he's bald and in his late 40's so it doesn't play as funny.

When there's a colostomy bag strapped to your person, there's not much time for anything, let alone love.

The one where he's in the old folks home and a crazy homeless Willy shows up to bust him out and they go on a quest, the first artifact is finding his original reading glasses, the ones that worked really well (seen in ROTLA.) There's this frail German guy in the ICU at the home that turns out to be the bad guy, but he's incontinent so he can't chase them for long. Shorty has a cameo to say his trademark "no time for love" line (just as Indy and Willy are getting intimate,) but he's bald and in his late 40's so it doesn't play as funny.

Ahhhhh! THAT movie! I thought it was just a myth and had never been shot! Gotta see it! I hear there's a wheelchair chase worthy of the truck chase from Raiders!:lol

Hate to break it to you guys... but there was an Old Indy once... in some episodes of Young Indiana Jones Chronicles back in the day. But thankfully he was played by someone else entirely (and even Lucas later removed him from the DVDs), so there's no risk of it tarnishing our memories of the trilogy in any way.

Nope, he's long forgotten. And it's just the three great, awesome movies. Just like always.

Except for that one episode where he was actually played by Ford !

I don't hate on KOTCS as much as others, but Marion had the same effect Jar Jar did in TPM: the movie was great up until she appeared.
It wasn't fully either character's fault. Must have triggered a change in tone or something.

Yeah if you read all the older scripts and development materials floating around the web, Marion was crammed in last.

Except for that one episode where he was actually played by Ford !

Indy_1950.JPG

The Mystery of the Blues a.k.a The Golden Saxophone of Doom

Hopefully we get to see the new cast swinging through the jungle with monkeys.

Chewie had lots of practice on Endor (and probably Kashyyyk!)

Yeah if you read all the older scripts and development materials floating around the web, Marion was crammed in last.

Interesting. If she was an afterthought that explains a lot.

I still think sideshow will make short round. Because I'm sure they know you can't have Indy without Short Round. Just like you can't have batman without robin.

He was a prominent character in that movie

I still think sideshow will make short round. Because I'm sure they know you can't have Indy without Short Round. Just like you can't have batman without robin.

He was a prominent character in that movie

Google tells me Sideshow has hinted at Mine Cart, Shorty and Mola in development for several years. I think it'll depend on TOD Indy sales - if he does well, there'll be a Shorty. If he doesn't - we get the TOD one sheet teaser poster in 1/6 and that's it.

I decided to pre-order Indy just for that reason. I know I was gonna wait, but I want Sideshow to think this line will do well and I want them to know we want more Indy stuff. Shorty, Mola Ram and the mine cart would be awesome additions.

Google tells me Sideshow has hinted at Mine Cart, Shorty and Mola in development for several years. I think it'll depend on TOD Indy sales - if he does well, there'll be a Shorty. If he doesn't - we get the TOD one sheet teaser poster in 1/6 and that's it.

That would be a long wait I think sideshow knows people are add and they can judge by pre orders usually by how many stragglers will be waiting on shorty to pull the trigger. After watching movie I'd say short round is 7.5"-8" tall since Indy is tall. And short round stands taller than r2

Don't hold your breath for more figures from TOD until actual sales for this Indy are complete. SSC has a lot to live up to. New body - Their ROTLA Indy was on the new Prometheous body and it was floppy as a wet noodle. They have to up their game with the sculpting and paint apps. I pre-ordered this, but I did Nathan Drake as well. Cancelled that one in a hurry when production pics were up. Thank God, it would have been a waste of money. These figures are to expensive now to just pay the money and customize. These companies have to deliver or eat the product.

Back