1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering Sideshow are re-releasing Freddy & Jason is there a chance this could get re issued?

^Good question. I'm not sure what Sideshow's decision making process is in choosing which pieces to reissue.

^Good question. I'm not sure what Sideshow's decision making process is in choosing which pieces to reissue.

Fingers cross they do. eBay prices for this figure are ridiculous! Lucked out holding out for Freddy so hopefully they will re issue this!

It would be a nice surprise, but with the way releases are currently backlogged, I don't know what to expect at this point.

Got a Jnix head repainted for my TOD figure, pretty happy with it. Big thanks to davejames who tweaked the nose a bit. So this basically looks like his now, even down to the stone in hand. :lol

TOD-indy-01.jpg
TOD-Indy-02.jpg
TOD-Indy-03.jpg

:duff Thank you, gents! Very kind words. Was painted by 357partment, thought I would give them a try and am pretty happy with their work.

Wish I could do some more posing without the stand but I need to tighten up the ankles as they're pretty loose. I tried to get the pants wrinkled up like in one of SS's initial promo pics, which I always though looked pretty great. Probably need to weather up the clothes a bit for the figure to really be complete.

f54bc33ef4f545221ee2b43daf1800a1.jpg

I still really dig the SS sculpt, planning to get the scuffs on that painted over and use the sculpt for a map room Indy.

Daaaaamn, that looks fantastic Tonton. And love how he looks in front of the mine cart.

If you don't mind me sharing, that closeup pic they sent you is totally worth posting too. It's always amazing to me how well those guys paint their eyes. And somehow they were able to hide how sunken in they are on the Jnix sculpt too.

And glad to see they were able to weather up the hat some more for you.

a76b54d565d4c4737ded76c122c768e6.jpg

Weathering the clothes will take that figure to the next level!
Definitely on my to-do list, need to go through the thread and see what people did to get the best results. Haven't really weathered a figure before, I'm embarrassed to say. :lol

Just... Wow!!!!
Thanks, F&F!

Daaaaamn, that looks fantastic Tonton. And love how he looks in front of the mine cart.

If you don't mind me sharing, that closeup pic they sent you is totally worth posting too. It's always amazing to me how well those guys paint their eyes. And somehow they were able to hide how sunken in they are on the Jnix sculpt too.

And glad to see they were able to weather up the hat some more for you.

Thanks again, man! Yeah that shot blew me away when they sent it, was the best of the bunch and I wasn't able to get a picture showing off the paint work quite as well, but didn't try the macro lens.

Here are the others they sent over, and after seeing them the only thing I asked was if they could weather the hat a bit. Definitely recommend them if anyone is looking for a painter. They're based in Korea so have to deal with international shipping, etc. Took about 5 to 6 months.

375865a396079bfb544428772885e947.jpg

1db298f7ac7b9cb42cf61b2927c883ce.jpg

b88b4404e5e595600ddd1b1816939639.jpg
8a7e3c078c250b6e1ba8e5640a8b0538.jpg
cb54cddfa22918b54bf211ca896e1b63.jpg

Amazing photos!!! Incredible detail. It still amazes me that anyone can paint details that small.

5-6 month wait seems reasonable I suppose considering some of the wait times from more local artists.

Those shots really show the potential of the Jnix sculpt. Ironically, mine has basically been sitting in it's box for ages now. For some strange reason, I always preferred the hatless version of the sculpt.

That repainted Jnix sculpt confirms to me that it's the still the best "Indy" sculpt yet. While there are others that look great, I'm always blown away by it and consider myself lucky to have one.

And that repainted Henry Cavill Superman sculpt is simply unbelievable. It is like two different sculpts.

That repainted Jnix sculpt confirms to me that it's the still the best "Indy" sculpt yet. While there are others that look great, I'm always blown away by it and consider myself lucky to have one.

And that repainted Henry Cavill Superman sculpt is simply unbelievable. It is like two different sculpts.

yea I feel similarly the same. I have the Jnix ANH Han Solo and super happy to own one. I would've gotten the Indy as well but just didn't seem logical at the time since I don't own an Indy figure.

357 does some great work though. I follow them on Instagram. Some stuff looks a little fuzzy/soap opera dream-like but most of the time, it's a crazy real looking upgrade to the original paint.

Back