1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the Indy zone since picking up the beautiful 4k box set...

Indy has never looked or sounded so great:whip
DSC_0069.JPG
DSC_0039.JPG

Great pics, matrix! Minus the original hat this figure is still really solid in stock form. Is that the Treasure Hunter hat there?

Paint work looks really nice on your sculpt too. Did you touch it up at all?

Still regret not picking this one up. I'm hoping the Present Toys version is at least comparable and just as important, ships out sometime soon. Haven't heard a peep since pre-ordering it, long ago.

The movies look GREAT, don't they Matrix?

Definitely admiring the paint touch-ups on the face. But you have to weather up that clothing, my man. You of all people.

Great pics, matrix! Minus the original hat this figure is still really solid in stock form. Is that the Treasure Hunter hat there?

Paint work looks really nice on your sculpt too. Did you touch it up at all?
Thanks TonTon...Yes i touched up the paint on the beard and scars, and removed the horrible little dots that were to suppose to pass as eye lashes.
The hat is Medicom which i've trimmed and repainted. It's not the best shape wise, but i like it on TTOD Indy.

The movies look GREAT, don't they Matrix?

Definitely admiring the paint touch-ups on the face. But you have to weather up that clothing, my man. You of all people.

The 4k transfers are like watching the movies for the first time. The crazy amount of detail is astonishing, i never realised there were so many flies and Midges in Raiders...with most of them ending up in the actors mouths!
I'll get around to weathering up the clothing eventually...after i re-watch TOD a few more times:)

If you compare the old Raiders bluray with the new 4K, look at just the opening shot of the mountain when Indy walks up with his back to us -- the new version has a blue sky, not white, the jungle is crisp, his jacket brown, and the grain seen in the mist is virtually gone.

I think more than any other scene -- and I compared a ton -- that opening shot really impressed me.

If you compare the old Raiders bluray with the new 4K, look at just the opening shot of the mountain when Indy walks up with his back to us -- the new version has a blue sky, not white, the jungle is crisp, his jacket brown, and the grain seen in the mist is virtually gone.

I think more than any other scene -- and I compared a ton -- that opening shot really impressed me.
The opening scene is very impressive with the colors and the clarity. You can clearly see Ford as Indy in the shadows and every thing is crystal clear. Movie has never looked better to me.

Yep. And the SOUND is incredible after the dull low bass of the past.

I have the movie recorded off Paramount channel on my DVR for quick reference, and this weekend Showtime is running all three Indy movies (no commercials) so I re-recorded Raiders last night and started comparing. The first gunshot when Indy whips Barranca is always muddy and lost in the music... but the new version is clear as day. All the sounds are sharp -- especially the German Mechanic fight -- all those low-base punches, the gun shots, the wing propellers, everything is so clear. You can even discern the music Dietrich is listening to on his phonograph when talking to Belloq.

Its actually quite fun to click back and forth to see the differences. I haven't found anything yet that favors the old mix or color timing.

I picked up the set, without having a 4K set-up (one day!), but hearing that the transfer is much improved is good to know.

Ok think I might have to pick up that 4K set now as well. I was considering it before, but didn't know if it would be a big enough upgrade over the bluray, and didn't want to have to buy an entire box set just to have Raiders.

I would think even without 4K, the colors and sound remain greatly improved.

If you guys have Showtime, you could also just DVR their Indy showings. They are airing the new remasters from what I can tell.

Still regret not picking this one up. I'm hoping the Present Toys version is at least comparable and just as important, ships out sometime soon. Haven't heard a peep since pre-ordering it, long ago.

I really wish I had bought the full figure now too, I just bought a few of the parts loose to add to my DX figure.

Yep. And the SOUND is incredible after the dull low bass of the past.

I have the movie recorded off Paramount channel on my DVR for quick reference, and this weekend Showtime is running all three Indy movies (no commercials) so I re-recorded Raiders last night and started comparing. The first gunshot when Indy whips Barranca is always muddy and lost in the music... but the new version is clear as day. All the sounds are sharp -- especially the German Mechanic fight -- all those low-base punches, the gun shots, the wing propellers, everything is so clear. You can even discern the music Dietrich is listening to on his phonograph when talking to Belloq.

Its actually quite fun to click back and forth to see the differences. I haven't found anything yet that favors the old mix or color timing.
Yes the sound is amazing in this set as well. Raiders being my favorite movie of all time this release has made me very happy. The punches, the fire in the the RavenWood Bar and the Ark opening as well as the opening and desert chase all are really elevated with the music and sound effects. Cool to be able to do those comparisons Wor-Gar. I have the blu ray set and the 4K destroys those in the details. I never really noticed the color timing on Raiders being green but now I see it after the 4K. You fans of Indy do need to see these in 4K. The upgrade is worth it on Indy.

Ok think I might have to pick up that 4K set now as well. I was considering it before, but didn't know if it would be a big enough upgrade over the bluray, and didn't want to have to buy an entire box set just to have Raiders.

Sounds like I need to get a 4K TV.
I'm beginning to realize that Raiders may be my all-time favorite movie in terms of watching it over - maybe more so than ESB, which was always my fave.

I really had thought this 4K disc was just more of the same - ie not a hugely noticeable improvement. But maybe time to grab the new 4K disc as an upgrade to my regular Blu-Ray and get the new 4K TV and player (which I was starting to mull getting, even if my current TV and player are a bit old but work fine.) I guess I'll start shopping in the next week or two, and there are some good deals on the 4K disc too.

All our Indy figures clothing have a subtle green tint to them since we matched the dye/colors to the old blurays!!!

:horror
Your probably right on that Wor-Gar. :rotfl
I'm beginning to realize that Raiders may be my all-time favorite movie in terms of watching it over - maybe more so than ESB, which was always my fave.

I really had thought this 4K disc was just more of the same - ie not a hugely noticeable improvement. But maybe time to grab the new 4K disc as an upgrade to my regular Blu-Ray and get the new 4K TV and player (which I was starting to mull getting, even if my current TV and player are a bit old but work fine.) I guess I'll start shopping in the next week or two, and there are some good deals on the 4K disc too.
It is really worth it for sure. Raiders has always been my favorite film with it's rapid pacing and great combo of action and light humor. It really is a huge leap over the blu ray which I thought was pretty good over the dvd release. This movie looks and sounds fantastic. I got the set for $69

Back