1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Now" collar is now is too neat for the one-armed shirt.

Unlike most sixth scale shirt collars, it's the messier the better for this one.

indiana-jones-and-the-temple-of-doom.jpg

Temple-of-Doom-Screencap-indiana-jones-18905049-1024-440.jpg

indiana-jones.jpg

129613_320.gif

I still haven't got round to water treating (soaking) the shirt ion mine yet.

Great photos as always!

Nice! I see you glued the collar down and futzed a bunch. What else did you do, Para?

I was going to lower the head but I think it came out ok stock on mine.

Water treatment and futzed the shirt and trousers.

Followed another members advise and glued the loose strap down on the sleeve.

Glued the collar tips.

Lowered the brim of the hat.

Put some coins in the satchel/bag to give some weight.

That's it so far, so not much but really liking the differences.

The "Now" collar is now is too neat for the one-armed shirt.

Unlike most sixth scale shirt collars, it's the messier the better for this one.

I still haven't got round to water treating (soaking) the shirt ion mine yet.

It's just personal preference. I like the collar tidy :)

Great pics, para! What are your thoughts on the figure?

Only thing that still bugs me are the Clockwork Orange lower eye lashes, but I still plan on trying to grab the figure at some point.

Great pics, para! What are your thoughts on the figure?

Only thing that still bugs me are the Clockwork Orange lower eye lashes, but I still plan on trying to grab the figure at some point.

Overall I'm very happy with this figure. It just screams Indy. Sideshow really have put out a great piece. Personally, I have no issue with the sculpt, I certainly see Ford. Clothing is great, the hat is a little disappointing. Love the machete. So yes, very pleased and I much prefer it to the DX05 and even quite a few customs I've seen.

great pics, para, thank you.

What do you guys use to get the sweat appearance on the body and headsculpt?

Liquid floor wax, looks milky dries quickly with a sheen. It is water soluble so it can be mixed with acrylic paints and applied as a wash. I used this technique on mine, photos posted a few pages back.

Whats the deal with the Painted right forearm ? looks awkward since the upper arm and hands are not painted to match that off colored grayish look

Got Indy today! Here's a quick pose out of the box:

image.jpg

Overall, I'm quite happy with him. I was worried about the size of his head and hat in photos, but in hand they seem okay to me from some angles.

I also did a quick comparison of the head sculpt with my Hot Toys Indy. I still love my Hot Toys Indy, but I can really see more Harrison Ford in the Sideshow sculpt. The Hot Toys head needs the perfect angle and lighting for it to shine.

image.jpg

Happy to have both up on the shelf together! And with the announcement of the new Indy film, I'm expecting more company on the shelf. Is Sideshow the only one who will be making sixth scale Indy figures from now on?

Liquid floor wax, looks milky dries quickly with a sheen. It is water soluble so it can be mixed with acrylic paints and applied as a wash. I used this technique on mine, photos posted a few pages back.

Does this dry into a flexible layer? I 'm asking for possible application to pleather accessories.

Back