1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having the figure in hand, I think it's excellent (in my opinion). Not perfect, but definitely SSC's best real person sculpt, and I got lucky, my body is fine.
Now after watching some of the reviews online, I'm getting the sense that some people were really hoping the figure would be bad, and are looking for ways to not have to back-peddle on that opinion. Too bad for them, it's a great figure!

At the price paid, it is hard to justify all the problems and qualify this as a great figure. If I paid $150, I'd consider it passable.....perhaps. I think it is a lazy effort showcasing SS lack of quality and commitment to their customers on a figure that had potential.

1) hair line is inexcusable
2) hat
3) tailoring - clothes don't fit well
4) neck - too long
5) elbow paint apps
6) blood slashes on shirt (weak) then have nothing on body underneath
7) over sized hands (holding)
8) cut in pants vs ripped (then paint knee same color)
9) holster

At this rate, I'm certain more will crop up as I put him together. I had hope after X wing Luke but alas.....

For those who aren't into the SSC body what about using the HT Solo body. Didn't realize it has chest hair sculpted

Somebody posted theirs for me because I asked for bare handed blaster pic
Is it possible to fit the new Indy Head on this

For those who aren't into the SSC body what about using the HT Solo body. Didn't realize it has chest hair sculpted

Somebody posted theirs for me because I asked for bare handed blaster pic
Is it possible to fit the new Indy Head on this

No. I just tried. The neck is bigger than SS.
I got a notice from SS, they are sending me a body. I get to destroy the old one. New experience for me.

This is the kind of donkey from the videos on youtube....right here still hating.

Dude, get some meds for your OCD. I am 39 and my man cave office has been very meticulously selected in its decor.

I dont have any of the issues you do because for me it's 100 times better than the Sideshow Indy i had and looks as good as any of my Hot Toys.

I also, you know, own a nice house in Florida and work a full time job and am married to a smoking hot wife.

I have Teakwood George Zee bars in my kitchen.....my vacation apartment reaks of Rich Mahogany.

Ok, the vacation apt isnt true but my point is I have high standards and am happy with what i have.

Also, my right arm is super tight to the point i was afraid when moving it...so no "looseness" problems at all.

So really my man, move out of your "mums" and maybe buy some swank clothes for the club to get some tail rather than hating TOD indy for some really non issue reasons.

No. I just tried. The neck is bigger than SS.
I got a notice from SS, they are sending me a body. I get to destroy the old one. New experience for me.

That annoys me man! Because I requested a new body for my Indy as well because the arm was coming out of the socket and have them pictures with no response for a week and a half. Took me calling them today to get a rep and all they said is I would have to return the whole figure for a new body and that they didn't have any bodies to give. Because I would prefer to just get a replacement body since the other parts are perfect. I'm going to call them up again tomorrow and see if I can get this changed, ugh

That's interesting that they're replacing only your body, robbie but are replacing the whole thing for yours, mustang. I still haven't heard back from Sideshow so I don't know which way they'll go!

Robbie, I'm surprised they're having you destroy the body since the arm is completely broken off of yours! I mean, it's already broken! :lol Anyway, I'd be curious to see what that whole arm/shoulder/chest assemblage looks like. If you don't mind, while you're smashing up the body, could you take some photos of how the arm/shoulder/chest is assembled? I'm still curious to understand what's going on with my figure's loose arm, because I'm not fully sure if the shoulder joint is broken per se. But in doing the "troubleshooting" for Sideshow trying to pull the arm out, I saw that block with the screw where the shoulder joint comes in shift forward like an additional joint. But in your photo,
cOLMhII.jpg
that block with the post that broke suggests that it's a fixed piece not meant to move (because of the post), if that makes sense. When I was trying to pull out the arm, I could also see the post and bell coming from the arm's shoulder into the block, and once the bell was tight against the opening, it provided enough friction to make the joint tight. But pushing it back in place made it loose again. It's like the post and bell are floating in an empty chamber so the bell has nothing to rub up against and therefore makes the shoulder loose.

So anyway, if you could post some more photos of it all, that would be great.

The post that broke is not meant to be fixed, its the forward backward swivel. It looks to me to have either been glued by mistake and broke while dressing the figure, because they did glue the chest together not just screws. I would have fixed the break but the chest wont come apart. Or the plastic is just really brittle.
zLspu9l.jpg

GNFacFG.jpg

The post that broke is not meant to be fixed, its the forward backward swivel. It looks to me to have either been glued by mistake and broke while dressing the figure, because they did glue the chest together not just screws. I would have fixed the break but the chest wont come apart. Or the plastic is just really brittle.
zLspu9l.jpg

GNFacFG.jpg

:horror are all the forearms always that grey color? What happened to the flesh

Last edited:

Awesome! Thanks, robbie :duff! Ah, ok. I see what that does. It's always interesting to see the inner workings of things.

Awesome photos DA!!!

I am going to mod the crap out of this figure. I will give the shirt and pants a heavy tea bath and I believe someone earlier used achrylic base/gesso (?) to create a wet look. Add sweat to body and HS, add blood...hell I might just drag indy through the garden dirt a couple of times, lol

Def. using the HT DX had, may attempt to mod the SS but I don't think the plastic will bend properly (?) any success with that so far?

Take Michael's suggestion to heart and remove some of the plastic under the hair piece to get that glaring seam to go away!!! UGH that is by far the worst part of this figure.

Remove neck plug and lower neck.

Any other suggestions?

Yep, great photos, DA! Glad you like him!

Finally heard back from Sideshow and they will send me a new body. So that's a relief! Hopefully there won't be any problems with the new one!

Back