Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Living in California (40 min from SSC) sucks for buying from sideshow... tax plus shipping. This guy would be $290 by the time I got it

Just scored a super deal on a brand new one. Stoked no battery leakage. Much lighter and bigger than I thought it'd be. Back in box with batteries removed until I can make space and properly set him up. Glad I kept this on my hunt-list... got lucky on eBay once again.

Ahoy!
Adding some elements to this ol' boy...

PROBE1.jpg
PROBE2.jpg

Indeed! I always figured the Empire would use and abuse these machines quite a bit. This guy's been on a few tours, at least.

Very nice weathering. For people who are looking for weathering reference for the screen used model this is the 1:2 scale on exhibit:

bBS7K1rh.jpg

zClHs83h.jpg

7tD8PG2h.jpg

lzvN5g7h.jpg

GzXPpfrh.jpg

qYpKgsNh.jpg

ZE4l7pIh.jpg

apI6b43h.jpg

AmxujFCh.jpg

wyaVqj3h.jpg

jCJ8PqPh.jpg

g6QUodMh.jpg

l0qupElh.jpg

BMbd1QQh.jpg

Honestly you can't go wrong with this piece. It's a beauty. I have mine alone on its own shelf and it has a nice presence.

And killer weathering ahab.......:clap

Ahab, that looks great! I'd also like to know your weathering techniques if you're willing to share.

Ahoy, and thanks everyone for the supportive words on the weathering!
I'm putting together a little something for my Tamashii R2 mods that will include some techniques and steps that are common to K2 and the Probe droid. I'll be posting those in the customs forum in the next week or so.

Cheers
Ahab

Back