Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said the arms and eyes are articulated, the cannon somewhat and the antennae is retractable. Plus lights and possibly sound. If they deliver on all that, I can't see too many people being disappointed. Personally I'm just excited to see it being made. SSC's line is bereft of droids and this is one of the best and most iconic of them all.

I love the probe droid sound effect. One of the iconic and genius FX of the entire trilogy. As soon as I hear the garbled (like the old internet connection sound) voices and that hum, I'm straight back in Empire.

Think we'll see this go up today?
Thoughts?

Not go up for order, but possibly a pre-order date will be set. I wanted to think I could have passed on a probe-droid; but I know myself better than that. I'll be buying this one to go with Luke, Han, the Tauntaun and my Snowtrooper :rock :rock :rock

I really hope not, Flosi! E-Web cannon was $150. I'm really hoping they don't go too far over that. Maybe $150 - $200? :pray:

That video is hillarious, btw. :lol
It's encouraging, since during SDCC it was rumored that it may not go into production and depended on how strong the feedback was for it.

going up next week.. was hoping for savage to be honest

going up next week.. was hoping for savage to be honest

I can't support that preference at all :lol

I was hoping Han and Luke would also be going up... given the Probe Droid wasn't even a guaranteed product at SDCC it's odd to see it go up for pre-order first :huh

Dunno, kinda think the probe droid has the broadest appeal if you include sci-fi/fantasy fans and not just SW fans. Personally, really happy to see it go up first as we're guaranteed to see Luke, Han and Tauntaun. The probe droid was the only one up in the air, so confirmation that it'll see production is great.

Edit: Just checked out the teaser and sound effects (also entered in the contest :yess:). Love it! Can't wait for this pre-order to go up.

Last edited:
Is it me, or does it not sound like the probe droid?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c803XAifX4I[/ame]

Hmmm, yeah, that's a good point. I was expecting the sound to be more like what we hear when Leia is listening to the intercepted message... Perhaps there will be some changes between now and production.

Maybe it makes more than one noise. I was expecting this-

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyBWw2jynIw[/ame]

Yep, me too. It's like that main transmission is missing from Sideshow's clip. It could be that there are say a total of three sequences and Sideshow's just teased the 'wrong' one, like you say. Hopefully that's the case. It's not a feature I would use very often, but I'd still like to hear those particular sounds if they're going to include them in the first place.

Same here... I'm guessing it must make more than one sound. To not have that one would be pretty ridiculous. But, Sideshow has shown us time and time again they are capable of making the ridiculous call :lol

Is it me, or does it not sound like the probe droid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c803XAifX4I

Nooooooooooooooooo! Ah damn it.
That's not the Probe Droid. If he was dead Ben Burtt would turn in his grave.
:(

Some more pics courtesy of Shadow:

n30h.jpg
Looks beautiful though. Near perfection.

Yeah, I really hope it's got that sound from the movie clip posted. THAT to me is the quintessential probe droid.

I hope Han, Luke and the tauntauns are not far behind.

Back