Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, SC Johnson has given it some name changes over time, but this is it:

k2-_a5fd98d9-48ce-488b-8f76-8201f40d5276.v1.jpg-27243801f5e131fc5f7ef91da41867a6ae0fdc3f-optim-450x450.jpg

It is an acrylic clearcoat that self levels and is easy to clean up if you make a mistake. It is a long-standing trick in the scale modeling world (coating canopies for clarity, protective coat for decals, etc). This is the stuff people used on their SS Stormtrooper armor to turn the matte finish the proper gloss.

Will it protect my knob?

Sorry, SC Johnson has given it some name changes over time, but this is it: It is an acrylic clearcoat that self levels and is easy to clean up if you make a mistake. It is a long-standing trick in the scale modeling world (coating canopies for clarity, protective coat for decals, etc). This is the stuff people used on their SS Stormtrooper armor to turn the matte finish the proper gloss.

Awsome! I'm kind of a purist, less of a modder so far, but this seems easy enough (i have some brush skills). Anybody try this yet? (maybe I'll move this line of questioning to the SSR2 Thread...)

3PO really looks like he turned out pretty great. Head still looks to be the only weak spot for me. Can't wait to start seeing in-hand pics next week. Anyone besides TaliBane also have the Tama and this on order?

3PO really looks like he turned out pretty great. Head still looks to be the only weak spot for me. Can't wait to start seeing in-hand pics next week. Anyone besides TaliBane also have the Tama and this on order?

I have the Tama and this just charged today. Don't plan on getting rid of Tama, though.

I think he looks great! Threepio has been a glaring omission from my collection for far too long! He's going to look stellar next to his "companion".

I think he looks great! Threepio has been a glaring omission from my collection for far too long! He's going to look stellar next to his "companion".

Agreed...this has been a long time coming! I was 6 when I got my first Kenner star wars figure, and of course, I got Threepio. And, I still own my first figure ever....not everyone can say that!

Not having mine in hand yet, should be next week, the only complaint I'll make is that lame base. Did they spend the design budget on the removable arm?
Yeah, at the very least they could have included one of those rubber sand covers for the base. For a $230 figure (really $250 after the absurd shipping costs) it's pretty bare bones. A nice base would have made me feel somewhat better about the price. Instead we get a cheap looking generic base.

I wonder what the shipping delay is on this one? Never seen anything like it. Charged yesterday, but nothing's been shipped... now it's the weekend and this waits until Monday. Strange.

Maybe they got tired of people saying show pics first before you ship? We should have been more specific -- show pics first BEFORE you charge. :lol

Delay or no, I'm really happy and relieved about what I've seen so far.

2171_press09 prod reveal 1-8-16.jpg

Agreed...this has been a long time coming! I was 6 when I got my first Kenner star wars figure, and of course, I got Threepio. And, I still own my first figure ever....not everyone can say that!

I can too! Artoo and Threepio were my first and still have them (along with 25-30 more in a Darth Vader case in a closet somewhere. Might have to pull those out soon...)

Awesome, yeah, I was lucky enough to throw all my figures in a shoebox during my teenage years and most survived! Met Anthony Daniel a couple years ago - a dream come true (but he's kind of an uppity type)

I wonder what the shipping delay is on this one? Never seen anything like it. Charged yesterday, but nothing's been shipped... now it's the weekend and this waits until Monday. Strange.

Maybe they got tired of people saying show pics first before you ship? We should have been more specific -- show pics first BEFORE you charge. :lol

Delay or no, I'm really happy and relieved about what I've seen so far.

View attachment 235740

They told me something about they were still trying to figure out how many they had as they were arriving in two shipments. Something like that.

Awesome, yeah, I was lucky enough to throw all my figures in a shoebox during my teenage years and most survived! Met Anthony Daniel a couple years ago - a dream come true (but he's kind of an uppity type)

Just ask Kenny Baker.

Both of those guys must have been disappointed to read the TFA script. R2 essentialy replaced, 3PO in two scenes.

They told me something about they were still trying to figure out how many they had as they were arriving in two shipments. Something like that.

Split shipments are pretty common. Lack of stock shouldn't affect anyone who Sideshow went ahead and charged (while they were counting their stock).

What's up with the black hexagonal stand? No more Star Wars logos?

Not a fan of the hexagonal stand. As they kinda hard to arrange when close to each other. Thankfully they remove the logo on the base coz in a long period.
The figures feet just stick on the painted logo. So I removed them all from the base.

WP_20150815_012_zpsg9dtunqd.jpg

Not a fan of the hexagonal stand. As they kinda hard to arrange when close to each other. Thankfully they remove the logo on the base coz in a long period.
The figures feet just stick on the painted logo. So I removed them all from the base.

View attachment 235774

What kind of display case is that on the left?

Sorry. Its unbranded. Just happen to saw it in the shop together with the Detolf.

I do really like the SSC stands (even better than any of the HT stands,) but yeah the figs stick to the logo and it takes the paint off the logo. You'd assume they were designed to have a figure standing on them for years, but apparently not.:gah:

You'd think in all the time Sideshow has been releasing figures they'd be able to resolve that from happening. I don't have that many of their figures so I don't really know but seems pretty sad if that's an ongoing issue as it seems like it would be a simple fix.

Back